Cuddle

Baby Story II

Such dorks :P

 

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the dormitory

“Thank you for coming all the way here.” I bowed politely as I walked our doctor to the door. She had just completed the boys’ eighth month check-up and gave the both of them a clean bill of health, which was always good to hear.

“Not a problem,” she smiled slightly, “If only Baek was here too, then I could give him a check-up as well.”

“Yeah, too bad he had a recording.”

Once the doctor left, I rejoined Jongin in the living room and sat on the floor beside him. The twins were getting slightly restless and tired so I picked Jungwoo in my arms and started rocking him. Jongin followed suit with Dongwoo and I started belting out soothing songs while we gently rocked both babies to sleep. At first both were captivated by my voice as they stared wide-eyed at me but soon their eyelids grew heavy and they fell into a peaceful slumber. We carried the twins to our bedroom and gently lay them down in their cribs.

Once the babies were soundly asleep, Jongin wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back to the living room. With some time to spare and no other member in the dorm, we decided to watch the broadcast of the China Big Love Concert. Today was a rare free day that Jongin and I had so we wanted to make full use of our time to monitor our performance on television. Yesterday we had an intense singing practice that my voice was slightly raw and my throat felt rough and scratchy. Singing for the twins might have aggravated my throat a little, I realized, as I coughed slightly. Settled down in the couch, I patted the space beside me, signaling for Jongin to join me so that I could cuddle. But he simply stared at me for a few seconds, unmoving before he strode off to the kitchen.

Wha--- where was he going?

Getting up from the couch, I followed him to the kitchen while saying, “Where are you going? The concert is about to start.” No answer came from the kitchen as I peered in curiously. What I saw shouldn’t surprise me but it still did after all this time.

 Jongin, standing over the counter-top.

Making a cup of hot lemonade with honey.

Sometimes it was the little things in life that meant the most. Little gestures like making a cup of tea for me because I had a sore throat made me feel so blessed and thankful to be able to have him by my side.

“Here. Drink up. Careful though, it’s still hot.” He handed the drink to me as he cleaned up the counter top before the both of us returned to the couch. He sat down first so I sat between his legs and leaned my back against his wide chest, my head resting on the cleavage of his collarbone. Clutching the warm mug in my hands, I sipped slowly and moaned appreciatively as the warm liquid soothed my tired throat.

 “Is it good?” Jongin asked as his hands played with my red hair, his eyes fixed on the screen.

“It is heavenly.” I leaned my head back peered up as he looked down. “Thanks.” He smiled slightly before leaning down to give me a quick peck on my lips. And our attention went back to the screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

On the couch

The Big China Love Concert was filmed quite some time ago so I couldn’t really remember what had happened. Watching the broadcast sure did help refresh some memories. Plus, with Kyungie cuddling with me, what better way to spend a free day. We watched the broadcast, discussing our own performances, pointing things out that we didn’t notice during the filming or laughing at the variety sense of some of our members.

Ah. The charades game.

I sure did remember this one.

I also remember that Baek and Yeol were fighting when we were filming this. It wasn’t evident in the broadcast but during the filming, I had seen the way Baek had looked at Yeol when he got down on one knee. It was clear that there was an underlying meaning. An apology.

And another was clear as well.

The fact that Yeol didn’t accept.

The way he rejected Baek was subtle and possibly impossible for others to see if they had not known what was going on. When Kyungie guessed the charades correctly, we rejoiced naturally because it was clear that we had beaten the other team. When he said the right answer, I was, well unsurprising, headed towards him to celebrate with a hug.

But someone.

Someone got there first.

Out of nowhere, Yeol charged from one side of the stage to the other and slammed straight into Kyungie. It was a team effort and not just Kyungie’s effort alone. While it might seem logical to viewers that Yeol was happy because Kyungie guessed it right, what they didn’t see was the look that he shot Baek as he hugged Kyungie. And they didn’t see the look of sadness swept over Baek’s features as he took in the sight. Kyungie and I, on the other hand, knew. At least the basic gist of their fight. While we had taken Yeol’s side when we spoke to Baek, I couldn’t help but find what Yeol did somewhat childish and uncalled for.

As I pointed that out to Kyungie as we watched the broadcast, he nodded and said he thought the same way too. “But I didn’t want to say anything because we were in the middle of a shoot. I did comfort Baek as subtlely as I could that day though. He seemed quite affected by Yeol’s apparent rejection of his apology.”

“Ya, I noticed too. His energy was quite down that day.”

“Well, I’m just glad they’ve sort that out. They couldn’t be happier now, other than the fact that Baek’s mood swings are driving Yeol slightly crazy…”

“Slight?” I let out a snort. “Baek is driving ALL of us crazy on his emotional roller coaster.”

“Was I like that?”

“You? You just cried a lot. And snapped at us too. You were a total angst-y monster!” That earned me a light-hearted elbow into my chest as we laughed at the memory of Kyungie’s pregnancy.

There were many times that the two of us were in our own world, just enjoying each other’s company and ignoring the rest of the people around us. We spotted several of our private moments caught on tape and wondered if any fans caught that.

Then came the pepero game where we both joked that we had played that we could totally have won because we wouldn’t leave anything of that biscuit, not even a millimeter, because we could just kiss. With our mouths and tongues completely connected, we could easily have demolished the entire stick-like biscuit.

Then there was the punishment segment where we had to complete push-ups with a member on our backs. Kyungie had gone first and completely failed when Chen sat on his back. Next was my turn.

“Jongin ah, you can’t even lift Sehunnie up?! Are your arms that weak?” Kyungie taunted with a teasing edge to his voice.

Laughing goodheartedly, I retorted, “I didn’t lift Sehunnie up because I didn’t want to make you look weak.”

“Excuses excuses excuses,” he replied in a singsong voice.

That was how the members found us later that day. Chatting while cuddling in each other’s arms on the couch.

My idea of a perfect day.

~

The next day, Naver Starcast Live Event

The whole event was pretty normal and unevent, all except one portion. We had to relay a message to the person on our right, taking turns to say something and the person could only answer, “Ah, I see.”

And guess who was on my right?

It was none other than…

The one and only….

 

 

 

 

Kyungie!

I could not be more ecstatic about the seating arrangement. When Shindong sunbaenim and Suho hyung first introduced the game, I was literally trying my hardest not to jump in my seat. I had in my head an entire speech planned out about how he was a friend, my best friend (since I sure couldn’t say fiancée) and how he was a perfect roommate and I wanted to use Yeol’s word. The word he had been using a lot lately.

Soulmate.

 

 

Before I got the chance to say my piece, Xiumin had to say his piece to me. And to be honest, what he said shocked me quite a bit.

“Do you see me as a hyung?”

It was short and powerful that at the moment my mind went blank. I knew it was mainly just joking, to make the show interesting but I was still somewhat stunned nonetheless. Well, because I was guilty as charged. But honestly, looking at his cute face, it was hard to treat like a hyung instead of as a friend of the same age. As I answered, “Ah, I see,” I continued staring at the same spot on the ground, making a mental note to treat Xiumin hyung with more respect next time.

So when it came to my turn to say something to Kyungie, I completely forgot the speech I had planned earlier. Placing my hand on him and rubbing my fingers against his shoulder, I searched my mine for something to say. Something to praise him about. Many things came to mind but most were not broadcast-suitable. Things like a good father to my children, a great lover in bed etc. I could hardly say those thing, could I? So I took the obvious route, starting by praising his singing and dancing skills, when yesterday kept popping up in my head. He had been practicing so hard, especially for singing, that his throat had suffered from the rigorous training. So I brought that up, my hand still resting on his shoulder.

“Since he’s been practicing so hard, I want him to take care of his voice condition.”

He turned to face me, his eyes b with a look that I knew was reserved only for me and I couldn’t resist adding to my little speech, even though it was a live broadcast.

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: A bit of Kaisoo from BCLC and some from the Naver Starcast event. Leave a comment~ ^^

BCLC

Yeollie ing Kaisoo

Kaisoo failing at push ups

Other moments

Naver Starcast Live Event