Excitement

Baby Story II

Jongin’s POV

In the hotel room

As usual, I moved right into Kyungie’s room the minute we arrived at the hotel.

But this time it was slightly different.

We had an extra occupant in our hotel room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungwoo.

Dongwoo had fallen ill from a flu recently and we didn’t want Jungwoo to get infected as well so we brought Jungwoo with us this time to separate them. My mother was caring for Dongwoo tonight. We were scheduled to perform at the Blue One Kpop Dream Festival tonight and had booked into a nearby hotel to prepare for the concert. Since the concert was set to end late in the night, we were going to spend the night here before returning to the dormitory the next day.

We didn’t take the same car with Jungwoo on the way here. He rode with a coordi noona and a manager hyung. We entered the hotel at different timings. Although we took a back passage where no fans had access to, we didn't want to take the risk and decided to take the extra precaution so as to not expose the baby to the public. Jungwoo entered the hotel with the coordi noona and manager hyung from the main entrance, looking just like a regular family here for a vacation. Once they had entered the hotel, they deposited the baby in the room I was now sharing with Kyungie.

Standing at the hotel room window, I peered out. I heard Kyungie lay the sleeping baby on the bed before he joined me at the window. Our room was facing the main road and I realised many fans have gathered to catch a glimpse of us, all of them carrying huge expensive-looking cameras.

This was going to be risky.

I felt Kyungie’s hand on my arm as he too scanned the hotel surroundings and I knew he was thinking the same thing.

“Look at those cameras,” he breathed, “Did we make the right choice, bringing Jungwoo here?”

“Well, we couldn’t leave him at home with Dongwoo sick. Maybe we should let Jungwoo sleep with the coordi noona tonight.”

“How can we, Jongin ah? She already has to take care of him when we are performing.”

“True.”

 

After standing there for a few minutes, we started to pull the curtains. But the curtains of the window were flapping incessantly under the blast of the air-conditioning. Great. Now what? If the curtains accidentally flapped opened to reveal us carrying the baby in our arms, what would the fans think? In the end, I grabbed some diaper pins that we used to secure cloth diapers on our children and we pinned the ends of the curtains together so that they wouldn’t flap open. We stood back to admire our creativity and laughed when we caught each other’s eyes.

Jungwoo awakened shortly after. Kyungie dug through our  suitcase for his milk bottle and began preparing a bottle for him. Once he was done, he joined us on the bed and lifted Jungwoo in his arms. I lay on my side, head braced on a hand, watching once more the sight I’d never grow tired of.

Kyungie carrying our son in his arms, feeding him a bottle of milk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In our hotel room’s bathroom

I watched, wistful and yearningly while Jongin knelt beside the deep tub and took joy in caring for the baby. He did it all, dried and diapered him and dressed him in clean rompers, then lay on the bed playing with him and laughing at him gurgling baby talk and teddy bear poses.

It was moments like this when I wished that time would stop and pause at this very moment. Often Jongin’s eyes would lift to mine as I lay on the other side of the baby and we would share a contented smile.

“I wish we could spend more time with the twins. With our hectic schedule, it never seem like we are spending adequate time with them.”

“We shouldn’t focus on that, Kyungie. Let’s enjoy the time we have with them as much as we can.”

And enjoy, we did.

The three of us sat on the hotel bed, just enjoying being in each other’s presence. For some reason, Jungwoo had figured out how to stick out his index finger and curl the rest of his fingers in a ball, much like pointing. We would laugh about how his index finger was never bended and not straight. Then we would jokingly mimic how Jungwoo liked to point at his own head.

“It’s like he saying that there’s a screw loose in there!” Jongin exclaimed

And we would both laugh out loud. Poor Jungwoo just stared at us completely confused before he went back to pointing at his own head. That cracked us up all over again because it seemed like he just labelled us as crazy.

 

Soon, it was time for us to make our way to the concert location for rehearsals. Coordi noona knocked on our door and as Jongin let her in, I lifted Jungwoo off the bed in my arms. Jongin left her with some simple instructions before she reached for the baby. I pried Jungwoo’s grip around my neck and lifted him off me, depositing him in the coordi noona’s arms. She was the coordi that he was the most comfortable with but today, he seemed to sense that we were leaving him for the day. Squirming in her arms, he let out a loud wail in protest, reaching at us with his chubby arms. I ran my fingers down his arms and planted a kiss on his tiny button nose as Jongin soothed his hand over Jungwoo’s head.

“We’ll be back, Jungwoo ah. Don’t worry.” Jongin laughed.

Whimpering, Jungwoo’s wails turned into a pout as he buried his face in the coordi noona’s arms, as if he was angry with us for leaving him. He could be so expressive and cute at times like this that we couldn't help but smile.

Laughing, we said our goodbyes and headed for the concert location.

~

Blue One Kpop Dream Festival

The crowd’s energy that night was phenomenal and we had a blast performing.  All of us were just happy to be back with our Korean fans, plus Rainbow’s miracle, we were all in high spirits. The fanchants that cheered us on when we performed Mama and History pumped adrenaline into our systems.

By the time we began performing the song 3.6.5, the already upbeat song was lifted up a notch with our excitement. We were wagging our butts at the audiences at the beginning, waving and throwing hearts, running around the stage, dancing randomly, jumping when we sang the numbers 3.6.5.

When it came to my part, I cleared my throat and sang.

“If you run impatiently, you will only miss important things.”

While singing, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning, I saw Jongin standing beside me doing the action that Jungwoo had been doing earlier in the day. The pointing of his index finger to his head. Smiling knowingly, I too did the same action as we both recalled the happy times we had with our twins. Truth be told, every time they past a milestone like talking or eating solid food, we would be so excitedly praising them. And then we would eagerly wait for the next milestone that they would hit. But sometimes, we just had to stop and enjoy the little moments. Moments like the one in the hotel room today. Simple moments like lying in bed with the twins. Playing with the boys. Our walks in the park. These were the moments that tugged our heartstrings the most and stayed in our memories the longest. These were the little details that we would miss if we were just to rush from one milestone to the other. The twins were growing very fast every day. Each day was precious. Every moment was so dear to our hearts.

As I ran around the stage, I let my inner dork loose as I just enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the concert. Funny thing was that no matter where I ran to, somehow I would end up beside Jongin. Not that I minded. I guessed the concert atmosphere had also gotten into Jongin, because the next thing I knew, he was doing aegyo without anyone asking! He must have come to his sense halfway and felt embarrassed because he then turned and directed the aegyo towards me. Our gaze lingered on each other as a huge grin spread across both our faces. He looked absolutely adorable that I wanted to kiss him on his lips right there and then. I wanted to give him a hug and run my fingers through his hair. I wanted, I wanted, I wanted but we were on stage. 

Finally, it was the last stage ‘Wolf’ and our performances for the night had ended. As we waved goodbye to the audience for the last time, many of us lingered on the stage, reluctant to call it a night. As the members slowly made their way off the stage, I lifted my arm to give a big wave right when Jongin raised both his arms to make a heart shape over his head. The crowd had been such a pleasure to perform for that I almost didn’t want to leave. But the thought of having some more quality time with Jungwoo and Jongin made me eager to return to the hotel room. “Ok, Jongin ah, that's enought. Let’s go,” I whispered as I placed my hand on his waist and steered him off the stage. Bowing to the staff, we made our way to the van and back to the hotel room.

~

In the hotel room

The minute we entered the privacy of our hotel room, I wanted to pounce on Jongin for a nice long kiss. I could tell Jongin wanted it too but we were both sweaty and sticky from the performances at the concert. Since Jungwoo was in the coordi noona’s room when we returned, we took the opportunity to wash up and change into some fresh clothes before she came to hand the baby to us.

“He hardly napped today, just played a lot and stared at the door.” She informed us as she placed the baby in Jongin’s arms.

“Thanks for your help today, noona.” We really did appreciate her help.

“Nah, I enjoyed his company.” She said with a wave of her hand and turned to go back to her room.

Shutting the door behind us, I turned to Jongin for a kiss. I had wanted to kiss him on stage today and hadn’t had the opportunity earlier. But scarcely had our lips touched when Jungwoo complained, forcing us to consider him first. Laughing, we carried him to the bed and showered him with kisses and tickles. He squealed in all the attention that he was receiving, his tiny fists excitedly gripping our shirts. We played with him, reading him stories and just talked to him for the next hour.

“Will he settle down?” Jongin asked in joking exasperation.

“I hope so. He should be dead tired.”

Our gazes met. How long? A half hour? An hour? I want you now.

While Jongin dug through the suitcase for Jungwoo’s pajamas, I laid the baby on the bed and began changing his clothes for the night. The day’s events finally tiring him, Jungwoo rubbed his eyes and whimpered.“He’s beat, poor thing,” Jongin said sitting down beside Jungwoo, bracing on an elbow, watching, enjoying. In minutes, he was changed into clean diapers and a lightweight onsie.

We sang some soothing songs and whispered sweet nothings as we patted Jungwoo to sleep. As I lay Jungwoo down in the crib fashioned out of two single couches, Jongin's hand rode up my arm under my T-shirt sleeve to my shoulder. I straightened and we stood on opposite ends of the chairs, staring at each other, anticipating, suffering one long self-imposed hiatus that only made our blood beat stronger. He reached out a hand and I laid mine in it, feelings already soaring between our linked fingers. For a moment our gazes locked and all was still but for Jungwoo’s soft whimpering and the clamouring of our own hearts. We glanced down at the sleeping baby, waiting for any signs of him waking up. When our eyes met again, his breathing accelerated and my cheeks had taken on an added glow.

“You looked good on stage today,” he breathed in a tight, reedy voice.

“So did you,” I whispered.

 

 

His grip tightened, drawing me along the length of the makeshift crib while our eyes clung, dark with intent.

When we met, it was lush and impatient. Two bodies starved for one another. Two tongues parched by waiting. It was impact and immediacy following one kiss upon the other, a fast seeking to touch all, taste all, even before our clothing was removed.

 

 

 

“I love you,” we reiterated again and again in hoarse whispers.

“I love you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Chapter for the Kaisoo moments at the Blue One Kpop Dream Festival ^^ Leave a comment~

Photo/Gifs of evidence~