Reveal

Baby Story II

Definitely my fav Kaisoo moment

 

 

Jongin’s POV

In the park

“Hey! I know you two!”

My heart skipped a beat.

With every step she took as she moved closer towards us, Kyungsoo shrunk further behind me until only his head was poking out. As if sensing the tension and fear in the air, Jungwoo started fidgeting and squirming in the baby carrier strapped to Kyungsoo’s chest. Soon, he burst out into loud wails and I felt Kyungsoo jump up startled before frantically trying to calm him down. I wrapped a protective arm around Dongwoo who was sleeping peacefully against my chest while my other hand reached behind to hold on to Kyungsoo.

The old lady wagged a finger at us as she finally stopped in front of us. Not forgetting my manners, I bowed and greeted her. She smiled and patted me on my shoulder.

“My granddaughter loves you. Jongin is your name right? She can go on and on about how handsome you are! Well, now that I have seen you up close, you sure are handsome!”

“Yes, ma’am. I am EXO’s Jongin. Thank you. I am flattered.” Why I affirmed my identity, I didn’t know. I guessed there wasn’t much use denying who I was now that she had already recognised me.

“Oh, sorry to scare the baby.” She pointed over my shoulder to Jungwoo who was now whimpering as Kyungsoo whispered gentle words in his ears.

“It’s ok. He is just tired.”

The old lady then turned her attention to Dongwoo who was slowing rousing from his gentle slumber. His eyes slowly opened as his stretched his chubby arms.

“How cute!” She cooed as she gently touched his hand. A smile flickered on the baby’s lips as he shyly hid his face against my chest.

“Hey there, little one. Don’t be shy. What is his name?”

“Dongwoo.”

“Hi, Dongwoo ah.”

At his name, he turned to face the old lady and giggled as he reached for her. She laughed in response and lightly pinched his cheeks. He continued to giggle and play with her. I couldn’t help but smile at the sight, my heart bursting with pride as a father. Jungwoo had stopped crying and Kyungsoo had joined me by my side.

“Oh! Are they twins?”

Kyungsoo smiled warily and nodded.

“His name is Jungwoo. Dongwoo and Jungwoo.”

“I see… I am sure they will both grow up to be fine young men!” she exclaimed as she played with Jungwoo. Though his eyes were still damp from crying, he smiled as she held his tiny hands in hers. She played with the twins, cuddling and blowing kissing at them. Both the boys were warming up to her quickly. I could feel Kyungsoo relaxing a little beside me as I slung my arm around him. I did it as an act of support, hoping that it would appear as a brotherly gesture to those who didn’t know our relationship.

 

“They look a lot like you, Jongin. Are they your brothers?”

Under my arm, Kyungsoo stiffened and went completely still. His hand subconsciously reached out and grabbed my shirt, his knuckled turning white from gripping too hard. My heart raced and a thousand thoughts raced through my mind. It was easy to lie, to give a convenient excuse, to go with the most natural assumption, to just confirm the conclusion that she had made.  

“No.”

I had no idea what compelled me to say that. Maybe I was tired of hiding. Maybe I wanted the world to know. Maybe I was proud. Proud of my sons. Proud of my family. Proud of Kyungsoo. I could feel Kyungsoo’s eyes stared at me. “What are you doing?” he whispered. I turned to face him and saw that he was looking at me as if I had lost my mind.

“Oh. So you are babysitting?”

Life was a gamble, the ultimate game of chance, based purely upon the ability to make the right decisions at the right time.

Whether I was making the right one with what I was about to say, I had no clue.

But when you realise that the decisions you made were all for experience, you realise that you could never win or lose in life. So I decided to create your own destiny and not just wait to see what fate threw my way.

 

 

 

“No, ma’am. They are my sons. Kyungsoo and I are their biological parents.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Our sons.

Jongin’s words repeated over and over again in my head. My ears were ringing and my head was pounding. I watched the old lady’s face closely.

Confusion.

Understanding.

Shock.

Disbelief.

 

 

“Well, I did notice something different between the two of you. Like you were more than just friends. Being at an age where you had seen just about everything, it wasn’t difficult for me to see the chemistry between the two of you.”

She looked straight into my eyes and I could see the depth and wisdom in hers.

“To be completely honest, I am against same relationships. It is just not normal and against every belief and moral I grew up with. You see, I came from a very traditional and conservative family. Back in my days, there was no such thing as gays and lesbians. That being said, I do respect the choice of lifestyle that you two have chosen.  After all, your lives and decisions are none of my business. Besides I saw the love you have for each other simply through your body language and subtle gestures.”

She turned to face Jongin.

“As for your…sons. I find it hard to accept and difficult to believe even though I know that you have no reason to lie to me. How was it possible? You have to forgive me but I do find it hard to digest.”

“Yes ma’am but I have told you nothing but the truth. My apologises for entrusting such a burden on you but we would be extremely grateful if you keep our little secret safe.” Jongin said earnestly.

The old lady gave a tiny but reassuring smile.

“Don’t worry. Your secret’s safe with me.”

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. She turned back to me and her smile widened a little.

“However, I suggest you continue to keep your little family a secret for as long as you possibly can. If not for the tight connection and love that shone in your eyes for each other and your family, it would be highly possible that I felt offended and disgusted. It is hard to accept to begin with but I can see the bond that you have is one which few are lucky enough to experience in their lifetimes. Others may not have the same opportunity to witness it before they make a judgement on you and your family.”

I took a huge gulp at her words of warning. True and frightening.

She took mine and Jongin’s hand in hers and held them tightly.

“I am very lucky to have met the two of you and your beautiful children. You two have changed my perspective on many things and I wish nothing but good things for your family. Don’t worry; I will safeguard your secret and hold it close to my heart. Remember my words of advice; I hope that they will serve you well. You two are good kids; let’s just hope the world can see that.”

She smiled at us and gently patted both Dongwoo and Jungwoo.

“Well, that was one eventful walk in the park. I should get going.”

“Thank you.” I bowed slightly as my eyes involuntarily welled up with hot tears.

“Nah, thank YOU.”

With that, she turned around and walked away, turning back once to give a little wave.

 

 

 

Both Jongin and I stood rooted to the ground long after she left, not quite believing what had just happened. Then, out of the blue, Jongin grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a big awkward hug, with two babies between us.

“Don’t ever do anything so rash ever again! At least discuss it with me first!” I pulled back and chided him, “I nearly had a heart attack when you said that they were our sons!”

“Sorry,” he muttered as he pulled me back into a hug, “I won’t do it again. Let me just hold you.”

I wrapped my arms around him tightly, the both of us enveloping the twins into one big hug.

The four of us.

 

 

Just the four of us. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: SORRY for the super late update!! Promise I didn't mean to leave it hanging like that!!! It was because the stupid me left my phone in my pocket when I was on the rollar coaster in Everland and I'm sure you can guess what happened. So i had no phone until I flew back from Korea... :( 

Hope you guys like the update~ ^^

Leave a comment :D