Avoidance

Baby Story II

 

Chanyeol’s POV

In the dormitory

“Wahhhhhhhh!” A baby’s wail filled the entire dorm. From the sound of the cry, it should be Jungwoo. That was his hungry cry. Suho raced to the kitchen to get a bottle while Baekhyun cooed at the baby, rocking him and trying to soothe him.

Jongin had come by our room when we were in the midst of playing Call of Duty and asked a favour from us.

“Give me three hours. Help me look after the babies for three hours.”

The seriousness in his tone and the desperation in his eyes made us agree without asking questions. He said date night to Kyungsoo but the atmosphere was way too serious for Jongin to be simply taking Kyungsoo out for a date. Nevertheless, we asked no questions and just gave them their privacy.

So here we were, the four of us, stuck baby sitting the twins instead of playing our game…

 

Not that any of us were complaining.

The two boys were utterly adorable. The smiles on their faces were priceless. All of us loved to play with them. We often spend most of our days sitting in the living room with the twins in their bouncers. And we would try our hardest to entertain them. Making funny faces. Saying gibberish words. Although they were still too young to laugh, they had started to smile every once in a while. Kyungsoo and Jongin were two very lucky people to have such cute babies. I could see the pride and joy in their eyes every time they set eyes on their children. They just looked at happy and contented to me.

 

Yes, yes, I am jealous.

Very jealous, indeed.

Ever since Kyungsoo found out that he was pregnant, Baek and I had been using protection. Now that we knew pregnancy was a possibility, Baek didn’t want to risk it. But to be completely honest, I wished that Baek was pregnant that last time when he had stomach flu. On hindsight, I wished he was having morning sickness although at that moment all I could think about was Baek’s safety.

The way Baek described to me the birth was so beautiful. It was a serene moment and I could tears well up in his eyes when he talked about it. Through his words, I saw the immerse pride and delight that Jongin and Kyungsoo felt when they first saw their babies.

I just wished that I would feel that in my lifetime.

Since I was 100% certain that Baek was the one for me, I wanted to have a child with him. I wanted to create a life with him. He was the one who understood me the best. He knew how to match my emotions. And we had many crazy times together. Both of us were very alike in so many ways and yet different in so many other ways. We both loved to goof around; our members always likened us to the two idiots or the two goofballs. And of course, we had our differences. I would admit, Baek was the more responsible one. The one who was more practical. The one who was often the reasonable one. The one who remember all the dates and anniversary. The one who never failed to get presents and gifts for me on those special days.

Those days that I just could not remember for the life of me. I have had forgotten anniversaries, valentine’s day and other dates. The one date I would never forget is Baek’s birthday. Other than that, I simply couldn’t remember.

But that didn’t mean that I loved him any less than I should.

Naturally that led to many fights and arguments. But these were the very fights that brought us closer together. After the initial outbursts of anger and pent-up feelings, we would always have a trash-out session once we had both calmed down. Those talks allowed us to understand each other better and forgive each other.

But there was one talk that we were both avoiding.

 

 

The topic of having a baby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun’s POV

In the living room

Yeollie and I were playing with the babies when I smelt a foul smell.

Here we go again. I lifted Dongwoo up and smelt his diaper. Yup.

I carried him to Jongin and Kyungsoo’s bedroom and gently placed him on the changing diaper. I got out a clean diaper and some wet wipes before I proceed to peel off the adhesive tab on Dongwoo’s diaper.

Looking after a baby was hard work. I wouldn’t deny that. Jongin and Kyungsoo had dark circles around their eyes from the sleepless nights they had to endure to care for the babies. The rest of us were helping out as much as we could but ultimately, the responsibilities lied on the two of them.

As I wiped Dongwoo’s clean with a wet wipe, he gurgled and smiled at me, waving his chubby arms at me.

“Who’s a big boy?” I nuzzled my nose on his pale belly as I swiftly put on a new diaper, “Who’s a handsome boy?” Dongwoo just smiled, excitedly waving his arms up and downs.

Ah, it was moments like these that almost made me want a child of my own.

Almost.

 

I knew Yeollie wanted a child

I could see the yearning in his face every time he looked at the twins.

 

 

I did want a child with him.

 

Eventually.

I just didn’t think either of us was ready for the responsibility that came with having a child.

As much as I love the twins with all my heart, they were not all fun and games (although their smiles always made everything worth it).

My relationship with Yeollie was nothing as fancy as Jongin and Kyungsoo. In fact, we didn’t even have an exact date when we became a couple officially. There was no big confession or tears of joy. Instead, our relationship just naturally went from friendship to love.

Being in a relationship with Yeollie was like being in a relationship with a man-child. Would you want to raise a child with a child? He was forgetful, childish and unbelievably naive. He could never remember Valentine’s Day, White day and all those special days. And he loved his video games way too much. He loved playing pranks and jokes on the group. He never cleaned up after himself, always leaving piles of dirty clothes everywhere. And he got jealous really easily, especially of the fans. He hated seeing placards with my name on it, initiating more “Baekyeol” moments to show the fans that I was his.

How could a kid like that look after a baby?

Don’t get me wrong; I loved him with all my heart. So much that I couldn’t live without him. Just that there were times when I get so frustrated with him and want to pull all my hair out. I guess you could say that we were like a married couple.

While Yeollie had his flaws, he was still my better half.

My alter ago.

The love of my life.

 

 

And perhaps….

 

The father of my future children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: A little Baekyeol chapter ^^ (Don't worry, this is a Kaisoo fic)

 

Anyways, today is Mother's Day!

Although every day should be treated as Mother's Day and we should make our mums feel special every day, don't forget to make your mum feel extra special today!

 

Thanks for subscribing! and commenting!

Andd...

 

To donutt 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (I don't really know which day it is exactly, but you said once it's this week, right?) 

Thank you so much for following me and encouraging me all the way from Baby Story. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Hope you have wonderful week and may only good things happen to you! ^^

Let's all wish her a happy birthday :)