Bliss

Baby Story II

 

Kyungsoo's POV
 
On the Music Core stage 
 
"Our second win, Kyungie, our second win!" 
 
I felt Jongin's warm breath as his lips brushed against my ear. His arms s around my shoulders as he pulled me closer to him. He rested his head on mine and I could feel his hot tears drip on my stage outfit. I raised my hand to grip his arm as I too cried happy tears. If yesterday was a miracle, today was a gift from the heavens. A wide grin spread across my face as I enjoyed the comfort and warmth of Jongin's hug. 
 
"Yes. Yes, we won," I whispered back, still unable to believe this reality. I turned to face him, wanting so bad to kiss his luscious lips. With Baek in front of us hugging on to Jonghyun sunbaenim, I was pretty certain no one could see us. No camera. No fan. No one. The most they could see was the top of our heads. Staring at his face, I quickly tiptoed and sneaked a kiss on his lips. The sudden kiss was temporary madness, sending tingles all through my body. 
 
His eyes widened in shock as he glanced around to make sure no one had seen. A rosy red spread across his cheeks as he stared at me incredulously. 
 
"What are you doing??" He whispered urgently. 
 
I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest. 
 
 
 
 
Perfect, my life was just perfect.  
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Jongin's POV
 
The car ride home was filled with our excited chatter. All of us had yet to come down the adrenaline high from our second win. 
 
"I can't believe we won!"
 
"Exotics are really daebak!"
 
"Did you see all the screaming fans?? I think I even saw some cry!!"
 
"Do you think we will win tomorrow as well?"
 
"How on earth did we win?!"
 
Suddenly, Suho, the only one that had not contributed to the conversation, turned around and faced all of us with a serious expression. His eyes were dry but still red and swollen from crying on stage.
 
"Guys, guys, listen up. I am something to say." He clapped his hands together to catch our attention. All of us turned to face him and gave him our full attention and respect for our leader. 
 
"I'm so proud of you and that makes me proud of me. I hope all of you guys know that. But as a leader, I feel like I have to say a few words. Always remember that through pride we are simply deceiving ourselves. Because deep down below the surface of an average conscience, a small voice will say to us, something is out of tune."
 
All of us sat still in our seats, silently listening to our leader's wise words. 
 
"As you all know, pride is the mother of arrogance. And in this industry, we cannot afford to be arrogant. Yes we can be happy. I am happy. Thankful and happy. But at the same time, we have to make a conscious effort to not be cocky and proud. That being said, what we have achieved is not because we were lucky. It is not because the tides were in our favour. We all put in our fair share of sweat and tears. And we have to maintain this. We want to keep producing good music and winning awards. We want to make the people around us proud. So instead of becoming complacent and arrogant, let's continue to work hard, if not harder, and maintain our humble rookie mindset. Alright? EXO for life! Aja aja fighting!"
 
"Fighting!" We all said in unison, punching our fists in the air. 
 
United and focused. 
 
The way we were. 
The way we should be. 
The way we will be. 
 
 
Back at the dorm 
 
I placed my bag down in the living room and headed to the bedroom. 
 
There Jungwoo was, sitting in his crib. He turned at the sound of my arrival. For a moment he contemplated me, his eyes shining with recognition. I guessed he could see the radiant joy on my face because his face too broke out in a huge toothless grin. 
 
"Hey there, little one." I leaned forward and kissed him on his forehead. His tiny arms spread open and grab my hair. His giggles filled my ears as I lifted him in my arms. 
 
"Oof... How did you get so big, you chunky monkey?" I carried him out to the living where Kyungie was feeding Dongwoo. 
 
"Kyungie ah, shall we take a stroll in the park with the boys?" I asked. 
 
His eyebrows raised and his face snapped to face me. His eyes widened and his mouth formed an "o". Everything about his expression screamed, "Really? I can really do that?" Then I realised how deprived Kyungie had been in terms of getting to do activities with our sons. I saw the longing look on his face when we sent the twins for their first vacation. 
 
"Come on, lets go!" I grabbed his arm and the baby carriers and pulled him towards the door. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Kyungsoo's POV
 
In the park near the dormitory
 
The cool crisp air greeted us. I took a deep whiff and let it out. It felt great to be out. Carrying Jungwoo against my chest. Holding Jongin's hand. Strolling through the empty park. Taking in the fresh night air. 
 
"I couldn't believe we hadn't thought of this earlier," I exclaimed, "We should have done this more often!"
 
"Haha. We will, Kyungie. No worries about that."
 
Jungwoo giggled and waved his arms and legs as if in agreement. Dongwoo was fast asleep against Jongin's chest, full from the feeding. 
 
I intertwined my fingers with Jongin's and leaned on his shoulder. 
 
"Thank you," I whispered, "Thank you for suggesting."
 
"Anything for you, love." He leaned his head on mine. 
 
We leisurely strolled through the park, swinging our hands as we walked. The cool breeze wrapped around us and the trees swayed gently. 
 
A walk in a park. 
 
 
That was all I needed. 
 
The bliss. 
 
The calm. 
 
 
The love. 
 
 
Then, from a distance, I could make out a figure walking towards us. 
 
Crap.
 
I tugged on Jongin's sleeves and tried to tell him but panic robbed me of my speech. He took a concerned look at my face before turning to the direction I was staring at. I felt his body tense up as he spotted the figure as well. The figure trudged slower towards us. 
 
Closer. 
 
And closer. 
 
The both of us stood frozen to the ground, our feet refusing to take flight. Both our hearts were thumping furiously and I could feel sweat gathering in Jongin's palm. 
 
Slowly.
 
Slowly. 
 
The figure walked towards us and soon I could make out an old lady. The moment I realised that it was an old lady, possibly from our neighbourhood, I heaved a huge sigh of relief. 
 
Not a paparazzi. 
 
Not a fan. 
 
Not someone who would expose us. 
 
Then I noticed something flash across her eyes and my heart sank. 
 
Recognition. 
 
And then I heard those dreadful words. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey! I know you two!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: second win! ASSSAAAA! 
 
Quick update~
Leave a comment ^^