Compatible

Baby Story II

Jongin’s POV

Streets of L.A.

Here we were again, in a foreign country.

We had some free time so Kyungsoo and I decided to hit the streets. After all, we had such fun on our date in Russia where we managed to find some privacy in the many alleys of the streets of Russia. But the moment we stepped out of the hotel lobby, we were surrounded by so many fans that neither of us felt comfortable doing anything. I sure couldn’t hold his hand so I settled for sticking as close to him as I possibly could. With the huge crowd following us everywhere we went, it was hardly sight-seeing because when sight-seeing, one would expect to see, well, sights. But all we saw were the people running around us and the flashes of cameras. With a deep sigh, I leaned forward to whisper in Kyungsoo’s ear.

“Kyungie ah, shall we head back?”

“Just a minute, Jongin ah. I want to visit a toy store.”

“Whatever for?”

“I want to buy gifts for our boys! Their first birthday is coming up” The excitement in his eyes were evident. The crowd didn’t even dampen his enthusiasim; he barely even paid any attention to them. Hie eyes remained glued to the shops that lined the walkway. I’d hardly seen him that at ease when in the public eye for the longest time.

Grinning, I said playfully, “What happened to my Kyungie who leaned on me when in crowds?”

He shrugged nonchalantly before grabbing my wrist and dragging me into a store. “Let’s go into that shop!”

“This isn’t a toy store, Kyung ah. This is a clothing store.” I looked around the white interior of the store.

“I know.” If I hadn’t known him better, I wouldn’t have been able to catch that hint of mischief in his voice.

Without sparing a glance, he grabbed several pieces of clothing off the rack and headed straight for the dressing room. Signalling for me to follow him, he pushed me into a dressing room, took a glance around the empty surroundings before entering himself and closing the door behind him.

“What are you----“

He pushed me harshly against the mirror in the dressing room and placed a hand over my mouth to shut me off. With an index finger over his heartshaped lips, he stared at me and we both froze for a couple of seconds, listening for any sounds. Then he released his hand over my mouth to wrap both arms around my neck and whispered, “Kiss me.”

“Here?” I whispered back. “You greatly overestimate my self-control, Kyung ah.”

“I’m not looking for self control.” He batted his eyelids and pursed his lips at me. “We’re sharing the room with Luhan and Sehun today. So we wouldn’t have much privacy in the hotel room, would we?”

“And we have privacy here?”

“Yup, if we keep real quiet. Besides, it’s late. Let’s hang out here, until the fans disappear and we can roam the streets freely to shop for the boys.”

“Now seriously, what did you do to my timid little Kyungie?” I whispered in mock horror. He let his head fall back as he let out a slient laugh. “Come here.” I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him close to me and feeling his warmth against mine. Gently, I leaned forward and planted a light kiss on his neck. He bent his head to the side to give me full access of the length of his slender neck as I worked my way up, trailing soft kisses as I went along. I nibbled on his earlobe and moved to his cheeks and finally his lips.

The moment our lips touched, it was fireworks. The instant the warmth of his soft luscious lips spread into mine, all thoughts dissolved. Pure feeling was all I have left. Little electric sparked sip through my bloodstream, making sure every nerve in my body was focused on his amazing mouth. It was the same as every kiss we had have; and it would be the same as the future kisses we would share. I had no idea how much time we spent making out in that dressing room but by the time we exited the store, the streets were more or less empty with only a handful of stores still open. There was hardly a soul in sight other than some patrons at the bars that lined the streets. Grinning to each other, we made our way to the toy store which was thankfully still open and bought a couple of toys.

By the time we returned to the hotel, it was three in the morning and the funny thing was that neither of us felt like sleeping. Sehun and Luhan were both fast asleep in each other’s arms so we grabbed a couple of bottles of the complimentary water and headed to the roof. We sat on the benches in the rooftop garden, cuddling in each other’s arms and staring at the night sky.

And we talked. And kissed. Kyungie fell asleep some time later but I didn’t. I just wanted to savour every moment of having him so close to me. Plus I was too busy swatting mosquitos away from my precious Kyungie to sleep. I couldn’t bear to wake him up from his peaceful slumber to move back to our hotel room so I just tried to keep those bloodthirsty insects away from Kyungie. We only left the rooftop when it was time to head to the airport. Yeol gasped the moment he laid eyes on me. “Jongin! What happened to your eyes?”

“What happpned to my eyes? Nothing. What’s wrong with them?”

Worried, Kyungie also turned to stare at my face before he laughed and answered Yeol. “He hadn’t slept a wink last night.”

Oh my.

I stared at the mirror completely horrified. Those eyebags dragged all the way down to my cheeks! Even with my dark skin, the eye bags stood out so prominently! And we had to go to the airport!

Crap.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

At the airport

“Kyung ah, do I look ok?”

I turned to face Jongin who had his hat pulled all the way down that it was practically covering his eyes.

“Can you still see my eyebags?” Watching him be so genuinely worried over this made me laugh.”This isn’t funny, Kyung ah…” He pouted cutely and whined.

“You look fine. Why didn’t you sleep?” I reached out to briefly touch the colouration under his eyes.

“I didn’t want any mosquitos to bit you.”

“What?!” He stayed up just to stop mosquitos from biting me? This boy was really an idiot! My heart swelled for the love I had for him.

“Yup. I was too busy swatting at mosquitoes to sleep. This is all your fault.” He pouted cutely.

“Ya, you are really a babo, Jongin ah! Can you even see under that cap?”

Soon it was time to brave the crowds. He pulled his hat as low as it could get to shield his eyes and sighed deeply. Smiling, I let my fingers trace over his. “Stay close to me, I’ll lead you.” As we made our way through the crowd, I felt Jongin’s body pressed close against mine. While he kept his head low, it was clear to me that his main concern was no longer his eyebags. The way his body was position to face me every so slightly, the way he inched in front of me, the way his hand was kept on my shoulder, it was me. His main concern was me. He was shielding me with his body. No matter how small the passageway was, he remained by my side, squeezing when necessary.

Silly boy.

He was really everything I could every ask for.

And more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

At the dormitory

The crowd was relentless today at the airport. The plane ride was not any better. So by the time I reached home, I was beyond exhausted. But no matter how tired I was, I just had to spend some time with the twins. They boh burst into tears when we walked through the door of our dormitory so it was safe to say they both had missed us a lot. Besides, spending time with them was never a chore but something I found pleasure in doing. Kyungie bathed them both and I changed them into their sleeping attire. Then came the endless process of putting them down for the night.

First was Dongwoo. I lifted him over the crib and played with him for a while, before toppling him into a tired heap on the bed. I brushed his hair back while he clasped his favourite blanket and stuck his thumb in his mouth. “Sleep, Dongwoo ah. Sleep tight and sweet dreams!” I whispered as Kyungie leaned down to plant a kiss on his forehead. Dongwoo raised his arms to hug Kyungie and returned the kiss.

Next, Jungwoo, who was no longer lying down but standing at the rail of his crib. His mouth plump and his eyes unblinking, he watched us say goodnight to his brother. We turned our attention to him. His kiss was hugless but his tiny mouth was warm and moist when I bent to touch it. Kyungie lay the blanket over him and said, “Sweet dreams, Jungwoo ah.”

Once both babies ahd fallen asleep, I plopped down on the bed and let my tired eyes close. I felt Kyungie’s hands on my chest as he laid the comforter over me. The last thing I registered was his warm breath against my ear as he whipered, “Sleep tight, Jongin ah. Dream of me.”

Later that night, Dongwoo’s cries woke me up from my peaceful slumber. As I started to rise to feed me, I felt Kyungie’s hands on my chest once again, pushing me back down to the bed.

“I’ll take care of him. You get some rest.”

This time I didn’t protest and lay back down.

For the longest time I couldn't grasp the meaning of the cliché "being compatible"as lovers in a relationship.

But now?

Now I got it.

There was so much more behind this superficial nauseating phrase. It went deep down to the true essence of the two of us, how we saw the world and how we positioned ourselves, how capable and prepared we were to back each other up, and whether we understood who we were. It wasn’t about having someone who fulfilled a checklist of qualities. It was simpler and not as complicated. It was about being with a good person. And Kyungie was that person. We were compatible because things just worked. And things worked because, whatever the list of qualities, whatever the reason, we just happened to be good together.

 

 

 

 

Really, really good. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Kaisoo. Last of L.A. A quickie chapter...

Update about the poll: I have decided to semi(?) fast forward. I don't really know how to explain but I've thought about it and you guys probably woudn't have to wait long for Rainbow... (I hope?) ^^

Leave a comment~

Kaisoo on the streets of L.A.

Kaisoo at the airport