Hug

Baby Story II

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the living room

I got up from the couch and paced the room, as if I could leave my guilt behind me. But it tracked me as I walked, an ugly shadow made by myself.

“No one blames you,” Jongin said from the couch.

I bit on my fingernails.

"That never matters," I said. "Not when you blame yourself.”

The company managed to keep the incident under wraps from the press and the public. So far no signs of the public knowing that my mom was a raging lunatic. And my father? Made a total ruckus at the courthouse. Cursing at me, SM company, the judge and the panel of jury etc. Screaming that I should be the one going to jail.

 

And in the process, accidentally confessed that he was the mastermind of the whole plan.

So essentially, I had placed both my parents into jail. For how long, it was still undecided.

 

 

At least that was settled.

Other than that horrid guilty feeling that I harboured on my chest.

I tried to go about my day like I was unaffected by the whole fiasco. The comeback was just days away; I couldn’t afford to broad over the past. But I couldn’t shake off the guilt. What kind of child put their own parents to jail?

That was not all.

Now that the EXO M members were back for good, we had to change the room arrangements. So we drew lots.

Things were really not going my way.

Sigh.

 

 

 

Kai and I were allocated to different rooms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

If he didn’t need me as much as he did right now, I wouldn’t have minded the room change.

But I knew he did.

He needed to sleep in my arms. He needed our nightly talks and kisses. He needed me.

I could see the guilt eating him from inside. I saw where he was coming from but then again I didn’t really understand what compelled him to feel such guilt. She tried to kill him! At that moment, she ceased to be his mother. In my eyes, of course. The rational side of him agreed with me but his emotions thought otherwise.

Our comeback was in two days. The teaser had already been released. He couldn’t afford to let his emotions waver like that. So I decided to do something mischievous.

When night fell and all the members resided in their bedrooms, I sneaked over to the room Kyungie shared with Sehun and Luhan. Sehun and Luhan were fast asleep in each other’s arms on Sehun’s bed. And Kyungie was lying on his side with his back towards me. Even though I couldn’t see his face, I was sure he was awake.

“What are you doing here?” He whispered shocked when I crept in front of him. Just as I guessed, he was still awake from all the worrying he always did.

I placed a finger over my lip and crawled in his bed as silently as I could as Kyungie shifted back to make space for me.

“What are you doing here?” He repeated.

“You look like you could use a hug.”

He laughed at me. I ignored him and slid my arms around him. I rested his head on my chest and ran my fingers through his soft brown hair. He wrapped his slender arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body. The heat from his body radiated through my skin and I could feel his heartbeat on my skin.

We just laid there without a word. No words were needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

When I saw Jongin in my room, my heart skipped a beat.

I was just thinking how much I need him by my side when he just appeared in front of my eyes.

“You look like you could use a hug.”

How he knew just fascinated me.

Feeling his warm strong arms wrap around my body, I seemed to melt into him. I closed my eyes; the world stopped moving. The arms wrapped tightly around me seemed to be shielding me from the horrors of the day, keeping me safe and warm.

I wrapped my own arms around him and pulled him closer. I lost track where my body stopped and his began. I felt safe and comfortable like in a perfect dream. No worries no fears; just a calm feeling.

No need for words, just a gentle acceptance of who I was at that moment.

You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.

 

Finally he spoke.

“Not you. Your mother. Never you.”

 

 

 

 

“I know.”

And I did.

My parents going to jail was the consequences of the action and decisions they made. It was not a result of MY actions. A sense of peace swept over me and I pressed my ear on Jongin’s chest. The sound of his steady heartbeat matched mine and the rhythmic tempo gently drifted me off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Leave a comment! ^^

 

OH! and a lovely reader made a poster for the first story! And I wanted to show it to you guys! It's so NICE and LOVELY ^^

Like it?

I LOVE IT~

 

KUDOS to LoveMeKnot ^^