Broken

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara's POV

Sunlight filtered through the tree leaves, sprinkling shadows onto the ground........just like my tears dropping lightly onto the soft ground.

He.......doesn't remember me anymore.

But not only because of that, he........seems to hate me......to dislike me........to wish me gone.

Why? Is it because I've been bad to him while being with Kim Hyun Joon. But......he does understand that I'm doing all of this for him, right?

Why else would I push the person who l love so much away?

Of course it's because of that god damn blood relating business.

I laughed bitterly, feeling my insides freezing up into a hollow shell.

And now, we finally find out that we're actually not siblings. From what I detect from Umma, she kind of knows our secret relationship and she is happy to accept it.

Right when we have a chance of becoming couples again, Taeyang goes and loses his memory.

What kind of game is God playing with us?

I'm sick of everything. The pretending with Kim Hyun Joon. The hiding of our relationship from Umma and Appa. And now, Taeyang's memory loss.

What have I done wrong in my life to deserve all these hardships? Before, I would have just blame everything on myself because it's all my fault for loving my own brother. But now, he's no longer my brother. He never was.

"Dara! Are you alright?" Minho swallowed, trying to get his breath back from all the running.

I glanced at him, my wet-with-tears-eyes met straight with his concerned ones.

"D......Dara." Minho seemed shocked, as if he expected me to never break down.

I won't say I'm alright to him. Nor will I say that everything will be ok. Because I'm not alright and things will not be ok.

Never had I thought that Minho would become my brother. I'm just glad that I didn't fall in love with him before he returned to the family, or else that'll really be wrong......

"Taeyang....he lost his memory, but he'll surely remember sooner or later." Minho said.

"You don't understand!" I shot back. Does he think that on the next day, Taeyang will wake up and just remember everything? He doesn't understand that situation! If Taeyang doesn't recover.........our love........might be gone forever. From what Taeyang shows for me right now, it'll probably only be hatred and distaste.

"..............Dara..........." Minho sighed.

"Oppa, you don't know what situation I'm in! I love him! Do you understand? I love Taeyang! And if he doesn't remember his past, we might never be together again!" I shouted, tired of always being the one with responsibilities, the one who has to worry about everything.

"............What?" Minho asked softly as if what I said just simply doesn't make sense.

"I love him, oppa. I loved him even earlier on when I knew he was my brother." I said, "But what are we supposed to do now? He looks like he hates me and he doesn't remember our love. What else can I do?"

Minho just looked at me, not responding to anything. I felt my mind break down, but because it's Minho, it's alright.

"Taeyang and I fell in love before we started doing the movie. Even though we knew it was wrong, we still continued on with it secretly with doubt in our minds. How long will this kind of relationship last? Then, I finally realised that our relationship won't be able to have a future. I decided to pretend that I love Kim Hyun Joon so Taeyang will leave me. Because Kim Hyun Joon loves me, it's easy to fool Taeyang. For some reason, Taeyang became Taeyeon's boyfriend. However, it still didn't make the feelings for each other stop. And now that we know we aren't siblings, we can finally openly love each other. But.......he........." All the words rushed out of my mouth just like my tears.

Without a word, Minho stepped closer to me and pulled me into a hug.

I sobbed in his chest. The hug wasn't as intimate as Taeyang's, but it soothed me. It always did. Now I know why Minho felt more like a brother to me than Taeyang........it was because he really is my brother.

"And....and I feel so bad while lying to Kim Hyun Joon, telling him that I love him. But I thought it was the only way I can get rid of Taeyang.......and that I might actually fall in love with Kim Hyun Joon." I said, explaining it to no one in particular, just liking the feel of letting everything out.

"I know....I know...." Oppa patted my back.

My world felt better at once. Finally, I have my real brother who I don't have a weird feeling when I hug him. A brother who I don't have to run away from because we might have a wrong secret relationship.

".............SANDARA.................." A male voice said.

Turning around quickly, I stared right into the face of Kim Hyun Joon.

The sky seemed to darken when I realised that he might heard all of what I said........including the part about me lying to him............and using him..........

"You're just.........hpmh!" Kim Hyun Joon clenched his fists and walked off.

Oh no.....Oh no.....

"Oppa, I'll talk to you later!" I said to Minho before running off behind Kim Hyun Joon.


Kim Hyun Joon's POV

I heard running feet behind me but I didn't stop. I power-walked so fast that I might as well be running.

"Kim Hyun Joon!" Dara shouted.

I ran even faster but the red pedestrian light stopped me. Angry beeping cars zoomed infront of me, making it impossible for me to cross.

I looked to my left. I was about to run left when Dara caught up. Her hand held on the corner of my shirt tightly while she bent down to get her breath back.

I looked at her red face, feeling anger rise again.

How could she use me?! Do I seem that unimportant to her that she could just trick me like this?

My world seemed to break apart and explode when I heard her say those words. It felt just like she's executing my death sentence.

"Joon, I'm....sorry." Dara finally straightened up and said. Her eyes looked at everywhere but me.

"Don't call me Joon again." I said coldly, watching her motions freeze.

"I'm really sorry. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have lied to you." Dara said. This time, her eyes met mine. I could see that she really was sorry but I didn't want to end it so fast.

She lied to me for nearly a month! How could I just say 'It's alright' and then let go? For the whole month, I've been living in lies. But the ironic thing is that I've been much happier in that one month. Just the thought that Dara is my girlfriend and that we are together now makes me really happy. But now, all those thoughts are destroyed. There's only one truth and that isn't Dara's love.

"Just.....leave me alone." I said, "Sandara, I've never dreamed that you're those kind of people. I'm.....disappointed."

After saying that, I left.

I didn't want to see her face again. It'll only make my heart hurt.

Without Dara, I might be broken and in pieces, but at least it's better than being lied to every single day.


Sandara's POV

I dropped onto my knees when Kim Hyun Joon left, feeling all the air being out of me.

"I'm sorry.......I'm sorry.......I never should have lied to you........." I murmured.

Tears dropped down my face again but I didn't care.

Kim Hyun Joon's words kept on repeating in my head.

Just....leave me alone......

Sandara, I've never dreamed that you're those kind of people......

I'm disappointed......

I closed my eyes. I might not love Kim Hyun Joon, but I like him. A lot. And his words.....brought me pain...regret....sadness....and guilt.

The rushing traffic rang loudly in my ears but even louder in my empty heart.


Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!

*drumroll* Please welcome wgmsjoson for joining this story family!!! Thank you so much for subscribing!!! It really made me happier x 100000000000! Kamsahamnida!!!

To Subscribers:

sighs123: Lol, I hope that's a good thing......XD

witherwings: Haha, I hope you like all the suffering >.<

sundara18: Kekeke, I'm glad!! I think this story will go on longer than I thought.....<3