Betrayed

My Brother "Loves" Me

“Yeah, Dara’s doesn't know anything right now. Haha! Thanks for working with me this time.” Taeyang said cheerfully to Lee Soo Hyun.

“Yeah, I’m sure we will have fun acting together.” He laughed and drank some water.

“See you next Tuesday at the party!” Taeyang called and ended the call.

I closed my bedroom door quietly and slid down the door shakily. Did I just heard what I thought I heard? My brother actually agreed to act with me??

“Ya, Dara! Do you want to go to the ice cream shop with me?” Taeyang knocked on my door a second later.

“No, I’m tired. I need to sleep.” I said coldly and climbed onto my bed.

“Are you alright?” Taeyang asked. There was a worried tone in his voice.

“Yeah.”

“Ok then, I’m going.” Taeyang’s footsteps retreated back into the hallway. The click of the front door told me he was gone.

Hmph! I crossed my arms and stared at my teddy bear grudgingly.

Taeyang is a liar! He said he wasn’t going to act with me and now he is? He didn’t even tell me! Everyone knows about it! ……Or at least everyone who is involved in the movie. Everyone but me. No one even cared to inform me about it. MY OWN BROTHER IS GOING TO ACT IN THE MOVIE AND HE DIDN’T EVEN CARE ENOUGH TO MENTION THAT TO ME!!!

He must have thought that I’m just a stupid little sister with a crazy dream to become an actress. That’s why he didn’t even bother to tell me! He doesn’t even care about me anyway. Wait, let me change that. He only cares about me because it’s his duty, because he’s my brother. There is nothing else. He doesn’t REALLY care about me deep down.

If he did, then why didn’t he tell me he was going to act in the movie? Doesn’t he know how happy I will be if he told me? He could have told me so I won’t be so worried that he was going to find out that I’m going to act in the movie! Wooow, that’s the longest sentence I’ve ever thought….I looked out the window and stared at the grey sky.

Oh whatever!!! My head hurts from so much thinking. I pulled the blanket over me and slept.

2 hours later~~~It is now 6pm.  

“Yah, wake up!” Taeyang shook me by the shoulders.

I was about to scream at him to stop it like usual when my memory flooded back. Taeyang had lied to me. He did not tell me a single thing about all of this.

My head pounded and my heart hurt. A strong sense of betrayal and hurt enveloped me. We were siblings! We were supposed to tell each other everything! Why couldn’t he do just that?! Why did he have to hide everything and make me look like a fool?!

“What?” I looked at him straight in the eye. The tone of my voice even made me shiver a bit. It sounded like a stranger’s voice, so cold and dangerous. I didn’t want to be like that, but I can’t help it. He betrayed me.

“Uhh……are you alright? Mum told me to wake you up to eat dinner.” Taeyang said uncertainly as he backed away. He moved his eyes away from my gaze and looked at the lamp beside my bed.

“I don’t feel like dinner.” I turned around and continued to sleep.

“Umm, Dara, are you angry with me?” Taeyang sat down on the edge of my bed.

Hmph, so now you realise? But it’s too late.

“No.” I said tonelessly.

“Oh come on Dara! I know you’re angry with me. Why? Did I do something wrong?” Taeyang shook my arm gently.

“No. I want to sleep, can you please get out?” I shook my arm free and pulled the blanket over me.

“Yah, Dara-ah, yah!” Taeyang grabbed my blanket and tried to pull it off. I held onto the blanket tightly and refused to let go.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. Not only did he betray me, now he is annoying me. He really is a pain in the .

“Dara! Yah~~ What did I do something wrong? At least tell me so I can apologise.” Taeyang whined.

I can’t take this any longer! I wish I could kick him to Mars and never see him again! He’s so annoying and ignorant!

Hmph, you wanna know what you did wrong? Then imma tell you straight to your ugly pig face!