Am I Dreaming?

My Brother "Loves" Me

I walked stunned into my bedroom and sat down lifelessly on the bed. Was that real? Did Taeyang really mean that? I had been fooled for so long!

~~~Flashback~~~

“Oh Dara, you don’t need to be scared that I will be angry!” Taeyang smiled as his body relaxes. Wait…… he’s not mad? Is he lying? I looked at his soft brown eyes to see if he’s saying the truth. Yep, definitely the truth. There was not a hint of anger as he gazed at me. But why was he so angry just a second ago??

“I just didn’t like you lying to me. Now you finally spit it out, I’m not mad anymore.”  Taeyang said as if he guessed my thoughts.

“But I didn’t lie to you! I did go to an important meeting.” I pursed my lips and looked at him defiantly. If he’s not mad, then all is good.

“Well you didn’t exactly say what meeting you were going to and where you were attending that meeting.” Taeyang said and shrugged.

“I don’t have to tell you everything! You’re not my umma or appa!” I shouted. I’m getting angry now. Why did he have to care about wherever I go? I can go anywhere I want to without telling him! He’s so bossy!

“Oh yeah? Well I’m your oppa and I have a right to know your whereabouts!” Taeyang said.

He could have told me earlier that he wasn’t mad! I won’t have to worry so much then and spend so much time trying to stop him from finding out.

“How did you even know that I was meeting up with Lee Soo Hyung?” I asked as I studied him closely, trying to detect a clue that would give him away. Umma would never tell him about it if she thinks that Taeyang would ruin my acting career. That leaves only Minho. But Minho never told anyone my secrets!

“Uhhh…..No one! I could feel it in my boooonnes that you were up to something.” Taeyang smiled and tried to walk back to his room casually. Except I didn’t let him.  I held onto his arm and whipped him around.

“WHO TOLD YOU THIS?” I asked menacingly. If I find out who dares to betray me…….hehehe, he’s going to die very painfully…..

“Uhh…Um, I need to go to the toilet right now! Tell you later!” Taeyang struggled free from my grasp and ran into the bathroom like the wind. I grinned when I heard him lock the door. Since when did he become scared of me?

“Stupid Taeyang.” I said under my breath as I walked back to my room.

~~~Flashback ended~~~

I dialled Minho’s number. He was the only suspect I have in my mind.

“Hello?” Minho asked.

“Yah! Did you tell Taeyang that I’m going to act in that movie?”  I questioned.

“No. You told me not to tell, so I didn’t tell him. Why? Did he find out?”

“Yes. How could he have found out?? Only if you told him….” I dragged out the last line.

“Of course I didn’t tell him! I promised you. Are you suspecting me?” Minho asked, hurt in his voice.

“No, I’m not. I won’t ever suspect Minho oppa!” I lied. I didn’t want him to be angry with me and I didn’t want him hurt. It was a white lie!

I could practically hear his mind turning at the other end of the phone, deciding if he should believe me or not.

“Since you didn’t tell him, then I’m off to find the traitor. See you later oppa!” I quickly ended the call without even hearing Minho’s reply.  

I crossed Minho off my mental suspect list. Now there’s no one in my mind who could have told Taeyang about this.

I lied on my bed and hugged my teddy bear. Think Dara, think! I thought long and hard, but could not find any clues. It’s like a mystery with a dead end. Suddenly I heard Taeyang going into the kitchen. I’m going to get him this time! I was about to walk out and grab him when his phone rang. I opened the door and peeked at him through the tiny space.

“Oh, hello Lee Soo Hyun!” Taeyang said warmly as he poured himself a cup of water.

What the heck???? My brother talking to Lee Soo Hyun??? AND Talking to him nicely??? Is that even possible?!!! And how did he even get Lee Soo Hyun’s number???

I stared through the crack at oppa’s face, straining to hear his reply to whatever Lee Soo Hyun said.

 What I heard next shocked me completely.