Coincidence

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara's POV

"Hello?" I said as I picked up my noisily-ringing phone.

"Hey Dara! Can I come over to your house today? I'm so bored at home." Minho's bright voice filled my eardrums. I smiled. He's always so cheerful, making me happy as well.

"Sure. I don't have anything planned today. Come at 12? I'll cook noodles." I said.

"And I'll bring the Wii games you like." Minho said and ended the phone call. I smiled again. He always can remember which game I like. Even though we have Wii at home, the games were Taeyang's type. All of them are sports and exercising. For some reason, I like fighting and killing games. Maybe I'm just violent.

I walked out of my room and called up the stairs, "Taeyang! Minho is coming over today! Let's go out to buy some snacks."

"Ok, just wait. I'm going to have a shower." Taeyang's head popped out from the stairs. I nodded and walked to the kitchen to pour a glass of water for myself.

"Is Minho coming today?" Umma asked me.

"Yep." I replied as I placed the glass onto the bench. Umma smiled and nodded.

"I'm going out with Taeyang to buy some snacks. We'll be back soon." I said over my shoulder and walked into my room to change.

Taeyang's POV

After having my shower, I changed into a pair of black jeans and a simple white T-shirt.

Walking downstairs, I saw Dara was already waiting for me.

I shoved the house keys into my pocket and walked out of the door.

Hmm, Minho's coming today. I just hope Dara doesn't do anything extreme that'll make me jealous again. I don't want another Kim Hyun Joon popping up. I know I'm selfish, but isn't love always selfish?

"What are we going to buy today?" I asked casually as I faced the warm sun. It felt nice on my face.

"Some noodles, icecream, vanilla biscuits and the chocolate icecream Minho loves. Oh, let's buy donuts as well! He likes them as well." Dara said, smiling happily.

Geeeee, Minho didn't come yet and I'm already jealous.

"Aren't you going to buy anything I like?" I asked with exaggerated jealousy in my voice as I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Of course I will! Vanilla biscuits and icecream, don't you like these?" Dara replied as she winked at me.

I smiled broadly. Hehe, at least she still remembers what food I like. I have a place in her heart, even though Minho has one as well.

We arrived quickly at the supermarket. It was just two streets away from our house.

"Annyeong noona!" Dara said to the girl at the reception. Because we came to buy EVERYTHING from this supermarket, we already knew the staff members.

"Annyeong Dara!" The girl replied and then smiled at me. I smiled politely back to her.

"Hmm, which type of noodles should we buy? The long and thin ones or the bulky ones?" Dara asked me as she held up two packets of noodles.

"Bulky ones! They are the BEST!" I exclaimed and grabbed the bulky noodles from her hand. Placing it carefully into the basket, we walked over to the biscuits section.

After taking everything we need, we went to the reception to pay.

"Hehehe, if I didn't know you guys were siblings, I'll think that you two are just married couples. You two seem so close. Such great sibling love."The girl at the reception said cheerfully. She pressed the buttons on the cashier swiftly.

Dara and I shared a long look and quickly looked away. I could see she was blushing slightly.

"It's $15.60." The girl said without realising our awkwardness.

I payed the money and grabbed the plastic bags. Dara walked stiffly out of the shop. I followed her, secretly laughing. She's being so sensitive about it. The girl was just joking! Even though she was close........

We didn't talk on the way home. She was still being stiff and unnatural.

"Umma, we're home!" I shouted and placed the groceries onto the kitchen bench.

"Ok!" Umma said from her room.

I walked to the sofa and sat down. Flipping through the channels, I eyed the clock. It was 11:50am. Minho should be here soon.

"Ding Dong!" The doorbell rang. I got up to open the door when I saw Dara flying out of her room and answering the door. When I say flying, I mean FLYING. She ran so fast I couldn't even see her legs move!

"Hi Minho! Come in!" Dara closed the door behind a stunned Minho and dragged him towards the sofa. After shoving Minho onto the sofa, Dara ran into the kitchen and brought out all the snacks, putting them all onto the table infront of us.

"What's wrong with Dara today? Why is she so excited?" Minho whispered to me as he stared at Dara openly.

"Because you're here." I whispered back.

Minho turned his head and looked at me with astonishment.

"Are you SURE it's not because she drank too much coke??" Minho widened his already wide eyes.

I couldn't help myself but fall over and laugh. Hahahaha!!!!! Minho's expression was just too funny!!!! It's as if he discovered that he had a 1 year old son.

"What are you laughing at? Stop being rude to Minho." Dara scolded as she put a plate of fruit onto the table.

I instantly stopped laughing, but I couldn't stop the muffled giggles coming from my throat.

Dara eyed me furiously. That just made me laugh harder. It felt as if my stomach was going to explode with laughter.

Sighing, Dara walked to the Wii and turned it on. Minho gave the games to her. She picked one and inserted it into Wii.

"What are we playing?" I asked as I got the Wii remotes.

"Fighting zombies." Minho replied casually.

I shot him a confused look. How did he know?? He didn't even see which game Dara picked.

"She always plays that game at my house." Minho answered my mental question. My expression changed slightly and nodded to him. Hmph, they're so familiar with each other. I knew Dara liked to go to Minho's house, but I didn't know they were so close to each other. As if.....as if THEY are siblings.

"Waaacchhaaa!!!!!" The game started. A bunch of zombies stumbled towards us. I waved my remote, killing them quickly. However, Dara was even faster than me. I was kind of astonished by how much zombies she killed in just a few minutes. Maybe over a hundred or so.

Sandara's POV

I waved my remote cleverly, killing a bunch of disgusting zombies in an instant. Minho was doing the same. But Taeyang..........Taeyang was waving his remote crazily like he wants to bash someone.

"Hahaha!!!!!" I burst out with laughter and paused the game.

"Pssshhhtttt, hahahaha!!!!!!" Minho started laughing as well after watching Taeyang for a while. Taeyang was still waving his hand around like he's mental.

"What are you two laughing at?? Resume the game! They're nearly dead!" Taeyang turned to look at us. Frowning, he pouted at us with annoyance.

I laughed again. He seemed so serious about the game, as if his life depends on it. Gathering myself up, I resumed the game and started playing again.

After an hour, our arms were already sore. I turned Wii off and walked to the kitchen to prepare lunch for them.

Taeyang's POV

I sighed as I sank into the sofa. I wasn't tired, I just wanted to play longer.

Umma was walking towards us, holding a tray of biscuits.

"Ah!" Minho said softly as the remote in his hand fell on the ground while he was walking. He bent down to pick it up. Haha, Minho's so clumsy. It was so like him.

"Aaaarrrgghh!!!!!!!" Umma gasped and covered with her hands. The glass tray in her hand fell, smashing loudly against the floor.

"Umma, what's wrong??" I immediately jumped up and ran towards umma. She was shaking violently, her eyes staring straight infront of her. I looked at what she was looking at..................which was.............Minho.

What's wrong with Minho? Didn't umma see him many times? Did Minho do something? I questioned Minho with my eyes. Minho shook his head lightly, indicating that he didn't do anything.

"Min......Minho......is that you? My.....my son......has finally come back!" Umma stuttered as she ignored the glass and ran towards Minho, hugging him fully.

Minho's eyeballs nearly popped out. Mine already did. What is umma doing?? How can Minho be her son???

I walked quickly up to her and tried to pull her away, but she clung to him tightly. What is wrong???

Dara ran out of the kitchen and looked at us with confusion. Then with bewildement. Matching my expression exactly.

"Minho....you finally came back. Umma waited for you for so long." Umma said dreamily as she Minho's face. Omg.....someone tell me what's happening here??!!!!

"Uhhhh, ujumma, I'm not your son." Minho said and tried to let umma let him go, but umma wouldn't.

Appa walked into the room and then froze with shock after seeing the crazy scene infront of him. One tiny part of my mind asked a ridiculous question: Will appa feel jealous that his yeobo is hugging a guy 2 times younger than her?

"Yeobo, what are you doing??!!!" Appa walked around the splintered glass on the floor. He tried to pry umma's fingers off Minho and succeeded.

"Yeobo.....yeobo.....It's him! Don't you see? It's our Minho! He came back!" Umma said as she fell limply into Appa's arms.

"No, that's not our Minho. You know that. Our Minho is already.......already dead." Appa said.

"But...but he has the same birthmark as our Minho! It's on his left side of his lower waist." Umma sobbed.

"WHAT??!!" Appa exclaimed unbelievably. His eyes searched for the birthmark that was covered by Minho's shirt.

But how did umma know that Minho had a birthmark??? Then I understood. When Minho was bending down, his shirt slid up a bit, showing the birthmark. But maybe umma's eyes are wrong?

"Minho....I'm sorry, but can you please raise your shirt for a bit?" Appa asked, his voice shaking.

Minho looked at them with great confusion but obeyed Appa.  I gasped when he revealed his waist. He really did have a red birthmark on his waist. How come I never noticed it before??? It was kind of shaped like a love heart.

"See? It really is our Minho! He...he came back to us!" Umma said with excitement as she walked up and tried to hug Minho again. Minho stepped away, looking at us from faces to faces. I shook my head, telling him I don't know anything about this.

"Ujumma...it isn't a birthmark, I accidentally burned myself when I was young." Minho explained.

"But......but it looks exactly the same as our Minho's! Except it's a bit bigger." Umma continued.

"My parents told me that I burned it when I was young." Minho said again.

Appa was still staring at Minho unblinkingly. Suddenly he moved and grabbed umma.

"It's not him. If he is, then why couldn't we find him? It's not him yeobo, it really isn't." Appa tried to convince umma.

"I know it's him! It's really him." Umma shouted and tried to escape Appa. Appa held onto her.

"He isn't, yeobo! He isn't! Our Minho's dead.....He's dead!" Appa shouted and dragged umma away. Umma was crying uncontrollably. I shook my head. What the heck just happened?

Sandara's POV

I blinked furiously. Was that what I heard?? Did I really hear Umma saying Minho is her son??? But....that's impossible!

"Somebody give me an explanation?" Minho said as he raised his eyebrows. I gestured him to follow me to the sofa. Taeyang went to clean up the glass mess.

After settling down on the sofa, I began telling Minho about my oldest brother - Minho. He drowned even before I was born. Even before Taeyang was borned. How we grieve for him every year. How Umma always sobbed for him when she had a nightmare. How we never went close to a river because they were forbidden by Appa.

Minho nodded solemnly after hearing all of it. I just hope he won't freak out because of Umma and never come to our house again. But he didn't. He just took it all in calmly with understanding.

"Ok. I'm so sorry about your brother." Minho said.

"It's alright. Umma takes it harder than any of us. I never met Minho oppa, so I don't feel as sad as Appa and Umma." I said and tried to cheer up the mood.

After eating lunch, we played card games and watched korean dramas. It was already 6 o'clock so Minho went back home.

I sighed. Today is such a weird day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for this boring chapter......Please don't whack me.................*scrambles up and runs away*