Wake Up Taeyang!

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara’s POV

“Dara-ah! Wake up! It’s already 1 o’clock in the afternoon.” I heard Umma’s voice said.

“Mmm, ok ok.” I murmured and flipped over.

“What’s wrong with you and your brother? You’re all sleeping like pigs today.” Umma muttered and walked out of my room, closing my door softly.

“Grumble grumble~~” Oops. I guess I’m hungry.

I stretched and sat up on my bed reluctantly. I could have kept on sleeping, if only my stomach didn’t give me the message that I’m hungry.

I walked to the bathroom and cleaned myself up. Still wearing my pyjamas, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of cold milk.

“Taeyang-ah, wake up!!!” I heard Umma shout upstairs.

“Umma, I’ll go wake him up!” I shouted. Umma came back downstairs, looking defeated. Hehe, I have my secret weapon.

I started cooking pancakes. After it’s cooked, I placed a small chunk of butter on it and covered the pancakes with honey syrup. I held the plate in one hand and walked into Taeyang’s room.

Haha! I laughed mentally. Taeyang was sleeping peacefully on the bed. His hair was ruffled messily. He scratched his stomach and flipped around to sleep again.

“Oppa~~~” I said softly as I wavered the plate infront of his face. His lips moved into a smile as he continued dreaming.

“I brought you PANCAKES WITH BUTTER AND HONEY SYRUP ON IT~~~” I continued moving the plate near his face.

His nose scrunched up momentarily as he sniffed the pancake. Aww, oppa is so cute!

“Wake up and you can eat it right away~~~” I used a fork and dug out a small piece of pancake and waved it near his mouth.

Suddenly, he sat up like a bolt of lightning hit him and gobbled the pancake from the fork in one quick motion. After eating it, he went right back to sleep. I stood there, stunned.

What the heck??? When did Taeyang got in the habit of SLEEP-EATING?

I placed the plate and the fork on the table next to the bed.

Time for a little trick of the devil!

I crawled onto the bed, found a nice comfy spot on his stomach and sat on it hard. Hehe, this will surely wake him up! I sat there, grinning like an idiot, but Taeyang didn’t even move an inch. He kept on sleeping soundly.

OMG~~Is he really a pig in human form?? I started shaking his shoulders. At first just slightly then shaking him like crazy. Can’t he just wake up for God sakes??!!!

Hmph! I will not admit defeat! I pulled his hair and pinched his nose, twisted his ears and poked his eyelid. But he still didn’t wake up! OMG, he’s such a pig!

I kneeled on his stomach and was still thinking of ideas of waking him up when suddenly he flipped onto his left side. Which means I slipped off his stomach and lied next to him. My face was so close to his that I thought ridiculously that I would be cross-eyed if I look at him.

I looked at his peaceful sleeping face. His lush black eyelashes were still. His face looked so smooth and soft that I wanted to touch it, but I quickly trashed that idea. His y lips were pulled into a light smile. Wait….Y??? Did I just think his lips were y?! I whacked my head mentally. I had to keep on repeating the sentence ‘he’s my brother, he’s my brother’ in my head.

I quickly sat up and shook my head. This can’t continue. He’s my brother, I can’t love him, I just can’t! It’s wrong! It’s disgusting! It’s unbelievable! IT’S JUST NOT RIGHT!!! I can’t LOVE HIM!

“But you’re already loving him.” A voice whispered in my mind.

I closed my eyes in despair. I thought I could stop love, but now I know, I just can’t. Love isn’t something you can control. It comes naturally.

“Dara, what are you doing here, sitting on my bed and looking like you wanna die?” Taeyang asked sleepily. He opened one eye and stared at me.

“Oh, nothing! I just wanted to wake you up.” I jumped off his bed.

“Hmm, I smell pancakes! Did you cook it for me?” He opened his eyes in a flash and looked at me joyfully.

“Yeah, I thought you liked it, but now I guess I’m wrong. I fully waved it infront of your face and you didn’t even wake up!” I said.

“I still like it, of course I do! It’s my favourite! I just got too tired last night so I slept till so late today.” He yawned and stretched.

“Then I think I’m giving you breakfast service then! Sir, would you like to have some pancakes?” I roughed up my voice so it sounds like an old man’s and bowed to him in the old-fashioned way.

“Oh, of course! Hahaha!” Taeyang sat up in bed and finished off the pancakes in five seconds flat.

Wow, he broke his personal record by two seconds.

“Slow down, you’ll choke.” I said.

Suddenly, he looked up at me weirdly and went back to finishing off the pancake crumbs.

What was that??

“Taeyang and Dara! Can you two wash the car today for me?” Appa shouted from downstairs.

“Sure!” We both shouted back. I walked back downstairs to change my clothes.

Taeyang’s POV

I watched Dara walk back downstairs.

What was that tone of voice and that look when she said, “Slow down, you’ll choke.”???

I’m just kinda surprised. She was so gentle and loving, as if….as if….as if….SHE LOVED ME! Why would she fall in love with me? Surely she knows that siblings aren’t allowed to fall in love?? Haha, Taeyang! I sneered at myself. Didn’t I know that too? But I still made the mistake of loving her.

Even though I’m surprised, happiness and joy filled every ounce of my being. She loves me! I can see it in her eyes and from her voice! She loves me!!!

Wait a second….suppose I’m all wrong? Suppose that what she did was just a token of sisterly love? Maybe I’m just thinking that she loves me in that way because I love her like that myself?

I cradled my head between my hands, I really don’t know what to think! If she does love me, then we would be doomed and sad forever because there will be no happy ending for us. But if she doesn’t, then I’ll be doomed and sad forever! Aish, Taeyang, when did you become so considerate?? Who cares if she loves me! Who cares if I love her! It’s all forbidden, so there’s no point continuing this stupid thought!

I did my usual cleaning and washing schedule and changed into a T-shirt and simple jeans.

Since I’ve already eaten breakfast, then let’s start washing the car right away!

I skipped the stairs three at a time and got all the tools needed from the laundry room. I parked the car outside the garage and waited for Dara to come out of the house.