Washing the Car

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara’s POV

I changed into a simple pair of denim shorts and a white T-shirt when I got to my room. With a blue hairband, I tied my long hair up. Whilst doing all these things, my mind is getting more confused.

Should I tell Taeyang about my weird feelings for him? No, I can’t! He’ll think I’m stupid that I fell in love with my own brother and that he will stay away from me.

Should I stop my feelings for him? Of course! But the real question is, can I stop it?? I really wish that the feelings would be gone when I wake up tomorrow, but that’s even harder than plucking the stars out of the sky.

I hate this! I want everything to be normal between Taeyang and me. Why does this stupid emotion walk in and ruin everything?!

I sighed and walked to the door, taking off my slippers and changing it into sandals.

“Dara-ah! Your mother and I are going to the supermarket now. We’ll be back at maybe 3 o’clock.” Appa said.

“Ok.” I said and walked to the garage.

Taeyang’s POV

Omg, Dara is so slow!

I fixed the hose onto the tap in the garden. Checking that it is working properly, I held the hose carefully and sprayed the car with water.

I poured some car wash detergent and water into the two buckets. Suddenly, a pair of sandals appeared infront of me. I raised my head and saw Dara standing infront of me, smiling happily. My heart skipped a beat. Her hair was tied up into a simple ponytail and she wore shorts that showed off her skinny legs. Even though there wasn’t any make up on her face, she’s still the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.

“Yah! Why were you so slow??” I asked, trying to hide the fact that I had been stunned by her appearance.

“I was changing clothes.” Dara replied as she soaked the sponge with detergent.

I shook my head and went back to business. We cleaned the car first with sponges, then we sprayed the car with clean water. After that, we used small clothes to dry the car. In a matter of thirty minutes, the old dirty car transformed into a brand new shining car.

I looked at the car proudly. Dara and I have washed the car together so many times that we were very cooperated. We would rotate around the car until there were no more dirty spots.

Suddenly, a cold cloth soaked with water touched my arm. I whipped my head around and saw Dara holding it and wiping my arm gently.

“You’re sweating so much.” She said as she wiped the cloth up and down my arm, as if cleaning something precious.

I smiled at her gratefully. She could always see every tiny detail that most people would miss. I gazed at her lovingly. Even though my love for her is forbidden, I still love her. Even though we may never be together, just watching her grow up and be happy is enough for me. She is first and last girl I’ve ever wanted to protect until I die, no, maybe even then I would protect her.

I remember the times where she would follow me everywhere and hold onto a corner of my shirt with her small hands. I remember every word she says, everything she does for me. All the unforgettable memories flooded into my mind. The time when she nearly fell down the stairs and I had caught her. She had held onto me desperately and cried as the terror swept through her.

All of a sudden, I felt Dara tremble beside me. I went back to reality and looked at her with concern. Was she cold? That’s impossible! The hot evening sun is beating down on us and occasionally the warm wind would blow gently.

Suddenly, I eyed the cloth with a sense of foreboding. Wait….

“YAH!!!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING WITH THAT CLOTH!” I shouted as I jumped.

“Hahahaha!!!!!!!” Dara burst out laughing. She threw the cloth back into the bucket where it was before and hugged her stomach. She laughed so hard her entire body was shaking violently.

I was right! She used the cloth, which we used to clean the car, and wiped my arm! There was still soap clinging onto my arm!

“Yah!!!!!” I growled dangerously as I chased her around the car. If I get her, she’ll be dead!

“Hahaha!!! Sorry oppa! Hahaha!! It’s too funny! It took you so long to realise!! Hahahaha!!!!” Dara said as she dodged past me.

“SANDARA!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled, even though I’m smiling as well.

With a burst of speed, I caught her in my arms and hugged her to my chest. Hmph, see who’s laughing now!

“Arrrgghh!!! Sorry opppppaaa!!! Please …..stop tickling me!!! I’m gonna die laughing! Hahahaha!!!!” Dara gasped for air. She was laughing so much that she was short of breath.

I grinned and continued to tickle her. She wiggled, trying to free herself but failed immediately. Her skinny arms were no match with my muscular ones! I tickled and tickle, enjoying her laughter.

It was in these moments that I could shake off all the bad emotions inside me. I finally understood that loving her wasn’t my fault. She was too loveable. It was also in these moments that I knew how beautiful the world is. Any world that has Dara in it must be a beautiful world.

“Stop….oppa! I’m begging you!! Please!” She said again, trying to escape from me.

“Hmph! Don’t mess with Taeyang majesty! Understood?” I said as I slowly let go of her.

“Not understood!” Dara yelled as she sprayed water on me from the hose. She laughed and screamed in joy as she watched me getting soaked to the bone. When the hell did she get that hose??!!!

“YAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!SANDARA!!!!!!!” I howled as I tried to avoid the water. She chased me with the hose in both of her hands. I ran infront of her like a chicken, screeching and yelling.

Dara gradually stopped and panted heavily. I ran to the tap where the hose was connected and twisted it close. Smiling like an evil scientist, I approached her slowly like a predator circling its prey.

“Don’t come…come any closer!” Dara said as she understood what I was going to do. Hmph, it’s already too late!

I lunged myself at her, hugging her to my chest fully and shook my head.

“You’re wet now! That’s what you get for messing with Taeyang!” I said smugly as I watch glistening drops of water land on her hair and clothes.

“Yah!” Dara protested as she tried to wiggle out of my embrace. I hugged even tighter. I could even feel her heartbeat.

Sandara’s POV

“Budum, budum.” I heard Taeyang’s heartbeat. It was reassuring as always. It was the lullaby that had lulled me to sleep when I was young.

I felt his arms tighten around me and felt as safe as a fox returning to its den. In some way, his embrace was my one and only home. It had protected me for so long and would always do so.

Even though I was wet, I didn’t mind. I turned around until I was facing him and smiled. He seemed a bit taken back. Was my smile that scary?

My gaze travelled down his face and I noticed a drop of water on his full lips. Suddenly, I had a strong urge to kiss him. The droplet trailed down to his chin and dripped onto his chest. I swallowed and shut my eyes, not wanting to look at it any longer. It would only make me long for Taeyang. And that was forbidden.

Taeyang’s POV

I watched her close her eyes. The smile she gave me a while ago was so sweet and brilliant that it hurt my eyes. I couldn’t help but step away a bit.

I watched her long eyelashes tremble. She looked like a fragile glass doll. I loosened my arms a bit, scared that I would break her.

I closed my eyes painfully and thought for the millionth time - If only I wasn’t her brother. If only we weren’t blood-related. I wouldn’t hesitate then, I would surely grab her and never let go.

After a few minutes, I realised that we hugged too long to be an appropriate brotherly hug. I let go quickly and grabbed the car keys, since I need to drive the car back into the garage. Dara seemed startled and watched me with confused eyes. After a few seconds, she grabbed the buckets and walked back into the house.

I wanted to hug her forever, but I had to be satisfied with this brief hug. Hugging her was the only thing that could stop the gaping hole in me, the emptiness and loneliness that I always experience after I knew there was no way we could be together.

I smiled bitterly as I sneered at myself. When did I become so attached to her?

What will I do if she became someone else’s girlfriend? I stopped myself from thinking the consequences of it, it was too painful. I was sure that if I do keep on thinking about it, I would go into hysteria.