Realisation

My Brother "Loves" Me

Taeyang's POV

......Umma and Appa are home!!! I quickly got off Dara after sharing a shocked glance with her. Did I just did what I thought I did???? Did I just KISS MY OWN SISTER??!!!!! I unruffled my shirt and cleaned up my messed up hair. Dara jumped off the bed in a flash and cleaned herself up. My mind was too messed up to think of anything properly.

I walked out into the kitchen, pretending to be calm as if nothing had happened.

"Taeyang, how was dinner with Minho?" Umma asked. She was too busy drinking water to notice the stiff expression on my face.

"Oh, it was fine. Minho cooked a lot of yummy stuff for us." I replied halfheartedly as I sneaked a look at Dara's room. She didn't walk out.

"Why are you drinking so much water?" I asked Umma, trying to buy some time for Dara so she could straighten the bed sheets and tidy herself up.

"Our friend cooked us so much spicy food. I nearly cried when eating it. Your appa was much calmer than me." Umma replied as she kept on gulping water.

"Where's Dara?" Appa asked. He looked straight in my eyes. At that moment, I swear I could feel his gaze penetrating my soul. But after a few seconds, he broke off the eye contact and walked towards Dara's room. I hope Appa didn't see my guilt.

"She's in her room. We had to come back earlier because she was sick." I followed Appa and hoped for the millionth time that I didn't do what I just did - kiss her.

When I looked at Dara's room, I relaxed. Everything looked normal. Dara was sitting on her chair and typing away on the computer.

"Dara, Taeyang said you were sick. Are you alright now?" Appa asked with mild concern as he felt Dara's forehead.

"Yeah Appa. I'm ok now." Dara smiled at Appa, trying to reassure him.

"Drink some warm water. Don't go out tomorrow, stay home and rest." Appa ordered. He looked at me and then at Dara. I could feel Dara tensing. After another glance at us, Appa walked out and into his room.

Dara and I both relaxed. However, after another second, we looked at each other. Dara blushed and avoided my glance.

"Sorry.....Dara....for what I did." I apologised. It was all my fault. Why did I have to kiss her?? Why did I have to fall for her??

"No, you don't need to apologise. It was my fault." Dara said softly. She lowered her head and looked at her hands. She seemed so fragile and small infront of me. How could I be such a beast and hurt her?!

I walked out of her room and closed the door behind me. Sprinting up the stairs two at a time, I rushed into my room and slammed the door shut. How could I?? How could I just do that to her?? She was the only sister that I have. The only sister which I swore I would protect. How could I hurt her myself??!!! I'm a revolting beast! I can't believe I really did that to her. Even though I've wanted to kiss her ever since I realised I loved her, I still controlled myself. How could I let down my guard and kiss her?!!!

I sat down heavily on my bed and gripped my head with both hands. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!

Sandara's POV

I looked at the door where Taeyang last stood. I can't believe I kissed him. There's no way this is real. I pinched my arm and yelped. It hurts, which means.............everything that happened is REAL. OMG........

I wanted to scream and yell till I die. How foolish am I to kiss him?? How foolish am I to KISS MY OWN BROTHER??? I shouldn't have done it. I should NEVER have done it. Now that Taeyang knows that I love him, will he stay away from me because I'm such a disgusting, dirty little sister? But....but he kissed me back! He kissed me back......which could only mean one thing - Taeyang loves me just the way I love him!!!

A burst of happiness made me smile like an idiot. He loves me! He didn't reject me! I closed my eyes and savoured the feeling of being wanted. However, after 0.5 seconds, all the happiness evaporated. Because I realised what that means. What our love means.

We can't be together. No matter how much we might love each other, we won't ever be able to be together. Taeyang's my brother. MY BROTHER! A bitter laugh escaped my throat. How nice is that? How nice it is that we are siblings? HOW COMPLETELY FANTASTIC IS THAT????!!!!!!

I could feel myself slipping. Slipping into the darkness of hopelessness. I walked over to my bed and sat down like a lifeless toy.

We won't be together. We CAN'T be together. No matter how hard I try, there is zero possibility that we can be together. Not now, not ever. The definite 'no' made my heart break. Everything is futile. Our love is futile. It is ridiculous. There's no way I can save our love. No way I can make a miracle happen. No way. There's just no way.

Warm liquid was dripping onto my hands. I looked down at it and realised it was tears.

Surrendering to saddness, I closed my eyes and let the tears flow freely down my cheeks. Sobs raked through my body, leaving me bloody and wounded. Curling up into a small circle, I hugged myself, trying to send some warmth into my icy cold body and my icy cold heart.

Taeyang's POV

The scene kept on replaying in my head. How I kissed her, how I totally fell for her and how I let myself hurt her. It shouldn't have happened. It was all my fault. Why can't I just control my stupid feelings?? I could have just bury all my feelings for her into the deepest part in my heart. I could have just watched her grow up, marry and have a wonderful life. I could have just silently protected her.

There's so many things I should have done! But I did none of it. Instead, I let myself fall and love her. I stood up, furious with myself. None of that would have happened if I just become the sensible brother I should I have become. Wild emotions ran through my heart, making me unable to calm down. 

Gathering all my strength, I punched the punchbag infront of me. I'm such a monster! Punch! How could I do that to her?! Punch! She is my sister, my sister who I had to protect! Punch! And what did I do? I just hurt her myself! Punch!

Guilt and anger coursed through me. I knew that the only person I'm angry with was myself. Because of my stupidness, Dara might not be the same again. Who would be if their own brother kissed them? I punched harder, so hard that my heart ached. It ached for Dara.

Sweat dripped down my face. Or was it tears?

 

Taeyang's Appa's POV

"Maybe we should have told them?" Taeyang's Umma asked me.

"Tell them what?" I asked.

"Tell them their relationship with each other! Tell them that they aren't actually-"

"No. I want them to be siblings. Only siblings." I said with a final tone in my voice as I lied down on the bed and switched off the light.