First Try

My Brother "Loves" Me

Taeyang's POV

Today's a bit boring staying at home, maybe I should call Minho to come?

"Yah, Minho! Wanna come to my house and watch a movie?" I asked Minho in the phone.

"Nah, I can't. Mum's being watching me like a hawk, I got to finish my work stuff." Minho's tired voice replied.

I sighed. " Good luck then!"

After I hung up, I just lied on my bed since I've got nothing to do.

Wash the car? No...there's too much sweet memories there with Dara, I'll go crazy with it.

Clean the house? No, Umma already did it.

Watch TV? No....there's no good TV shows and I've watched all my DVDs for 5 billion times already.

Punch the punching bag? No, I already did that yesterday.

Aish! There's just nothing to do!!!!!

Suddenly, my phone rang. Hehe, will it be Minho, saying that his mum finally let him go???

"Hello??" I said eagerly into the phone.

"Oppa! It's me!" Taeyeon said.

Oh.....

"Let's do something today! I'm so bored at home." Taeyeon complained.

"How about come to my house and we'll just play anything we can find?" I suggested.

Now that Taeyeon doesn't have any intentions to hurt Dara, she's actually really nice. We get along well ever since we met.

"Oh, that's great! I'll be there at 12pm!" Taeyeon said and hung up.

I smiled. Finally, something is going to happen in my dreadful boring life.

I quickly cleaned up my room, throwing all the dirty clothes into the basket downstairs and tidying up my table. My hands moved onto the extended keyboard in my room. I've had it ever since I was six.

Fluent piano music drifted from the keyboard as my hands moved over them. I closed my eyes, loving the music.

I remembered the time when Umma told me to teach Dara how to play the piano and Dara always tried to escape my piano lessons. She simply dislikes piano.

However, she really has a talent for the flute and when Umma found out, she no longer forced Dara to learn piano but instead hired a music tutor to teach her flute.

Someone knocked on my door, breaking the spell of the beautiful piano music.

"Nae?" I asked and opened the door.

"Your friend's here." Umma smiled and walked back downstairs.

Hmm, Taeyeon's here. What should we do? Play Wii? X-box?

"Oppa!" Taeyeon jumped towards me when I opened the front door of the house.

"Hello!" I laughed and spun her round and round, just like what I used to do to Dara when she was young.

Taeyeon giggled and punched me lightly on the arms.

I put her down. "What should we do today?"

"Hey, this is oppa's house! How should I know?" Taeyeon said.

I face-palmed myself and pretended to fall from the blow.

Taeyeon laughed, her sweet laughter brought a smile to my face.

I ushered her into the room and closed the door behind us.

"Annyeong haseyo! I'm Taeyeon." Taeyeon bowed respectfully at my Appa and Umma.

Umma smiled kindly and welcomed her. And Appa.......he blushed. God, please kill me.....Appa blushed because of Taeyeon! I shook my head, placing Appa in my temporary blacklist.

Tisk tisk. Already a dad but still unable to stay calm when a cute little girl talks to him. I wanted to face-palm myself again but decided I shouldn't do that too often, or else my handsome face would become as flat as a pancake!

 "Let's go up to my room. We can play computer games." I said and was about to lead Taeyeon upstairs when I realised she didn't follow me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Taeyeon played with her shirt, tugging it this way and that. Her face was a deep scarlet. Did I do something to embarrass her? Was it because of my Appa??

"Oppa.....this is my first time going.....into a boy's room....." Taeyeon said shyly.

.......WHAT???!!!! Ok....no wonder! I should change my ways. Because Dara and Minho always came to my room to hang out, so I naturally took Taeyeon in as well.

"Uhh, I'm sorry. Then do you want to play Wii at the living room?" I scratched my head and looked at her.

Taeyeon shook her head. "I'm curious of what oppa's room looks like."

She lifted her head and walked bravely upstairs, into my bedroom.

Why does she look like a soldier going to war???!!! Is my room that scary??

Oh well, I'll never understand what girls are thinking.

"So, what do you think of it?" I asked as I stood behind Taeyeon.

"Woooaah....you're tidy, oppa. I thought guys' rooms should be messy and dirty." Taeyeon exclaimed and looked around.

Yeah......my room was like that a few minutes ago........just like any guy's room.........

"Wow, keyboard!" Taeyeon skipped over to my keyboard and touched it lovingly.

"Do you like to play the keyboard as well?" I asked and walked over towards her.

".....I can't play it. I just love piano music." Taeyeon raised her head and gave me a shy smile.

"Do you want to learn it? I'll give you piano lessons." I offered, "80000 Won an hour, by the way."

"Haha, you greedy oppa!" Taeyeon laughed and ruffled my hair.

I smiled at her. "Do you want to sit down. I'll play you my favourite piano music live! Get ready to listen to the second Mozart!"

"Haha!!" Taeyeon laughed at my exaggeration and sat down on my bed.

I sat down on my chair and lifted my hands dramatically. Taeyeon giggled.

Then, a piece of complicated piano music flowed from my fingers, filling in the space of the room. I played 'The Flight of the Bumble Bee'. It's those very hard-core types, but I loved it. When I was young, I tried to play it but always failed. To my surprise, when I was 10, I magically could play it. I thought it was because of my wish to play it that some fairies or wizards helped me.

When I played the last note, the room was silent. I turned around quzzically towards Taeyeon. Didn't she like it?

"I'm.........shocked......If you could play so well, why don't you just become a world-wide pianist instead of an actor?" Taeyeon said, another emotion added to her eyes. It looked like respect.

I smiled cheekily. "Probably one day I will become one."

"Can...can you teach me 'Wedding Dress'? I saw that piece of music on your keyboard." Taeyeon said.

"Sure!" I stood up and gestured Taeyeon to sit down on the chair.

"What do I do first?" Taeyeon asked uncertainly.

I held her hands and placed them gently on the keyboard.

"Play these few notes first. Get used to the piano." I said and showed her how to play the first bar.

Taeyeon copied my move instantly.

Hmm, seems like she's a very fast learner.

"Relax. You're not doing a test." I said when I saw Taeyeon's shoulders all stiff.

She relaxed slightly, but there was still some stiffness in her body.

The piano music can soothe her.

"Now play the second bar." I demonstrated again.

Taeyeon copied again, not making a single mistake.

"Now, I'll just teach you the left hand. Then you can play them all together!" I slowly went through each bar, showing her the notes and pace of this piece of music.

Taeyeon nodded willingly and started learning the first few bars. Even though I'm not a piano expert, I could tell that she really has a great talent for the piano.

Keke.....Taeyang's soon-will-be-famous piano student, Taeyeon!

After an hour or so's learning, Taeyeon could basically play the first 2 pages of the song. I nodded with satisfaction.

"Now you can play while I sing." I said, my heart jumping at this new idea.

Before, I always played it myself while humming to it. Now, it'll be like a performance!

"Uhh, Taeyeon isn't that good yet." Taeyeon said and wrung her hands nervously.

"Don't worry, you can do it. It's just a try anyway. There isn't any bad consequences if you get it wrong." I placed a hand on her shoulder, encouraging her.

Taeyeon smiled and started playing. The familiar music floated into my ears.

"Ni ga geuwa datugo, ttaeron geu ttaeme ulgo, himdeureo hal ttaemyeon nan hui mangeul neukkigo." I sang, the words fitting in with the notes in the music.

Taeyeon smiled and tried hard not to make any mistakes. I closed my eyes, throwing my entire being into the music.