Meeting with Lee Soo Hyun

My Brother "Loves" Me

“That movie was so good!” I exclaimed once we finished watching the movie. We were moving out of the cinema and into the shopping centre.

“Yeah, especially when the guy was turned into a bird. It was so realistic!” Minho agreed with me.

We didn’t watch movies together for such a long time, because I was so busy with all the assignments and homework the teachers were bombarding me. I nearly forgot how nice it was being with Minho. He’s always casual and calm. Whenever I feel angry or sad, he could always calm me and make me think properly.

He’s like a chill pill. I giggled at the thought.

“Thank you Minho oppa for calling me out to watch this movie! It was great!” I smiled.

“Oh it’s alright. Thanks to you for agreeing to come out!” Minho smiled back.

“Dara, where do you want to go now? It’s now 2:00pm. Do you want to go straight to your meeting?” He asked as he blocked a guy from crashing into me. The guy was running like crazy and he was heading straight for me! I watched him apologise and move off. Minho frowned at the guy slightly.   

“Minho oppa, did you drive here?” I asked, hoping he says yes.

“Yeah,” Minho replied.

“Then is it ok if you drive me to this place?” I took out Lee Soo Hyun’s business card and pointed at the address below.

“Oh, sure. I don’t have anything planned this afternoon, might as well help my favourite dongsaeng.” Minho said as he pinched my cheeks. I smiled my ‘thank-you-you-so-much’ smile at him. He’s the best oppa ever!

We arrived at the car park and started driving to Lee Soo Hyun’s studio.

“Dara, who’s Lee Soo Hyun?” Minho asked. He must have seen it when I showed him the business card.

 “Oh, he’s a director.” I said casually.

“Director? Why are you going to his studio?” Minho asked as his brows furrowed in confusion.

“Hehe, because I’m going to act in his movie. Also, Minho oppa, please don’t tell my oppa! He doesn’t like Lee Soo Hyun that much.” I pleaded.

“Oh ok. Hehehe, I can blackmail you then!” Minho chuckled.

“Hey! I never knew you could make jokes!” I said as I punched him on the arm playfully.

“Hahaha!” He laughed. I stared at him in amazement. He looked so gorgeous in that split second. I mean he’s always gorgeous, but in this second he’s more gorgeous than ever. The sun was still shining brightly even though it was already afternoon. It surrounded and enveloped him, making him look like a golden angel.

“Yah, what are you staring at?” Minho asked as he spared a glance at me.

“Oppa, you’re so pretty!” I said.

“What?! Pretty?! I’m a guy! The word ‘pretty’ insults me!” He said as he tried to look furious but failed.

“Hahahaha!” I laughed. Soon, he joined me as we both laughed till our stomachs hurt like crazy.

Minho took a left turn and announced, ‘We are here and we’re right on time!” He parked the car under the small building and opened the car door for me. I walked out and stared at my surroundings.

Suddenly, my heart began hammering hard in my chest. This is the first time I’ve ever been in a movie. I’m going to act with other people. What if they think I’m unfit for the movie? What if the other actors don’t like me?

“It’s going to be fine.” Minho assured me. He always knows what I am feeling. I nodded and gulped.

“Do you want me to go inside the building with you?” Minho asked as he patted my shoulders, trying to make me relax.

“No, it’s alright. I can go by myself.” I said.

Without a backward glance, I walked straight inside, not wanting my nervousness to take over and make me run back home.

“Hi Sandara! I was just waiting for you!” Lee Soo Hyun said as he greeted me kindly.

“Hi….hi!” I stuttered. Oh my god I hate myself! Why am I so nervous? There’s nothing to be nervous about! I scolded myself.

Lee Soo Hyun led me to a big room. There was a wooden desk and two chairs. A TV was mounted on the wall, its screen was displaying an action movie.

Lee Soo Hyun gestured at me to sit down on a chair as he asked, “Would you like a cup of coffee?”

“No, it’s alright.” I said politely.

He sat down infront of me and took a sip of his tea.

“Ok then. Let’s start discussing about your part in the movie!” Lee Soo Hyun said excitingly.