Can You Smile For Me?

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara's POV

I walked on despite the hot tears rolling down my face. Painfully aware that Taeyang is staring at me with sad eyes, I wanted to turn around and hug him, tell him that everything between us will still be ok. But it's not. Nothing will ever be alright. As long as we are siblings and Taeyeon is between us, nothing will be ok. Heaven knows how much I want to run into his embrace and hold him, but I forced my legs to take me further away from him. I have to set this right.

I need to take action, not just because I saw Taeyeon and Taeyang kissing. I was too naive before. I thought that if we can just hide our love, we can still be together. Taeyang and I don't have to marry, we can just go on like this. But now, I understand. It's just not possible.

Biting my lips so hard that I can taste blood, I trudged on. Further and further away from the man I love. We both know that if I keep on walking, our secret relationship will gradually die. I felt as if I'm leaving my heart behind. I could literally feel it tearing away from me and staying with Taeyang.

No. This can't happen. I clutched at the place where my heart was supposed to be. Everything will be alright when I arrive at Kim Hyun Joon's house. I can forget all about Taeyang over there. I know I can do it. Walking so fast that I'm practically running, I rush to the bus stop. The bus driver looked at me weirdly when I went on the bus. I guess I looked like a crazy woman with wild hair and tears staining my whole face.

I tried to walk steadily to the back of the bus and choose a random seat next to the window. Slumping onto the seat, I covered my face with my hands and cried silently. Why, just why did God have to be so cruel and make us siblings?

"Umm, lady, are you alright?" A young man tapped my shoulder and asked with concern.

"N....Ne...." I sobbed. I don't want to seem weak infront of anyone, but I can't stop the tears from streaming down.

"Here you go. Please remember that no matter how much the storm rages, there's always a rainbow afterward." The young man handed me a packet of tissues and pointed at the sky outside. I turned to see the sky and saw a beautiful rainbow spreading across the sky.

"Thank...thank you." I said gratefully and turned to give him back the rest of the unused tissues but he was already gone. I lowered my head and looked at my hands. I believe that no matter how bad my situation seems now, I'll be alright later.

Kim Hyun Joon's POV

I sat a few seats behind Dara, watching her shoulders shake as she cried. I caught the bus after going to the library to borrow some books. You could imagine how stunned I was after Dara raced into the bus with a face full of sadness. I never thought I'll be able to see her before acting the next scene. But I was more stunned to see Dara dripping with tears, or was it the rain that's pouring outside?

Of course I couldn't just walk to her and give her some tissues, so I gave a young man money and told him to give it to her. However, he shook his head and gave me back the money, saying that comforting a lady didn't need pays. I smiled, at least this world still has some honest people.

After seeing Dara smile, I relaxed. She'll be alright. But where is she heading in this storm? Why was she crying earlier on? Who dares to make her sad?! I'm going to punch his guts out if I know who's the person behind this.....

Sandara's POV

The bus stopped smoothly outside my destination. I grabbed my bag and hurried outside. I heard someone else follow me closely. Maybe it's just another person getting off. However, I still turned my alertness on.

I was about to call Kim Hyun Joon and ask him where his house was when I realised my phone was out of battery. Damn! How the hell am I supposed to go to his house now?? And obviously I just can't go back home! I can't stand the awkwardness between Taeyang and me....

I wandered from street to street, wishing my luck is on duty. If only Kim Hyun Joon is here. Suddenly, I heard someone's feet sounding behind me. That person has followed me for so long, but I don't know if it's just a coincidence or on purpose, so I continue to wander aimlessly.

After wandering for nearly half an hour, I was getting impatient. Why is that person still following me?? I don't have money, not a lot anyway. I walked briskly into an alley and waited in the dark. Just like I've imagined, the guy followed me and walked in as well. I heard his feet shuffled as he tried to find where I was.

I quickly jumped out and strangled his neck between my arms.

"What do you want from me?" I growled as menacingly as I could. I didn't want the person to know that I'm just a young girl, or else he'll gain even more confidence.

"Da.....Dara.....It's....me....Hyun....Joon...." The person choked out. What?? Was my ears playing tricks on me??

I slowly released my hold on him and turned to face him. No doubt, standing infront of me is a wet and out of breath Kim Hyun Joon.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you. Are you alright?" I patted his back soothingly to make him calm down.

"W...Wow...Dara...you...really...know...your....karate...." Kim Hyun Joon said slowly. Seeing him struggling to get his breath back, I felt guilty but also a bit triumphant that my karate skills improved.

"Why are you here?" I asked after he got his breath back.

"Uhh.....actually, I followed you from the bus stop. I'm just going back home after a trip to the library." Kim Hyun Joon confessed.

He followed me??? So he saw me crying on the bus?? He saw my weakness?? For a while, I wanted to ask him to make sure he didn't see my tears earlier on. But after a second thought, I abandoned my questioning. So what if he saw it? He'll just think that I'm like any average girl who cries when she's sad or something bad happened.

"So...uhh....I guess I'll be going home....see you later." Kim Hyun Joon said as he fidgeted with his jacket.

"Umm, I came here actually to see you. Is it alright if I visit your house?" I said bravely. I mean, no girl who isn't bonkers in the head would ask a guy if she can go to her house! It's just embarrassing!

"WHAT??? Uhh, I mean, really? That's great. Let's go then!" Kim Hyun Joon's smile seemed to light up the dark alley.

Suddenly, a rat raced out of its hiding place and headed straight for me. I shrieked and jumped onto Kim Hyun Joon. The rat's hairy body touched my foot, making me grab even tighter onto Kim Hyun Joon. As the rat vanished, I realised my awkward position with Kim Hyun Joon.

"I'm so sorry!" I was about to jump off him when I felt his hands grab tighter onto me.

"Can you smile? For me?" Kim Hyun Joon said softly. Something soft and warm brushed past my eyes. Was it his hand? Probably is.

"Smile?" I asked with confusion. Why does he want me to smile?

"Because you look prettier when you smile and not cry." Kim Hyun Joon replied.

I could feel my face flush with embarrassment. I raised my head and gave him my best smile. He must have saw me crying on the bus.

"That's better." Kim Hyun Joon said and put me down.

Later, when we were walking to his house, I realised that there was no way Kim Hyun Joon's hand could have brushed against my eyes without dropping me. Which means....it must have been his lips.....The thought unsettled me and made me nervous. But why would he kiss me? He...likes me?

I shook my head so all the ridiculous questions could evaporate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!

HI READERS!!!!!! KEKEKE, I'M BACK!!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR WAITING SO PATIENTLY!!!! GOOD KIDDOS, HEHEHE.

The test yesterday was alright. I was a bit nervous but it got better once I started doing the questions. Thank you for all your support and love!!! I'm sure that that's what made me so brave, hehehe! Thank you so much guys!!!!! <3<3

This is the first chapter for making up to you guys!! The second one is coming right up!!!!! <3

To Subscribers:

kolmilyo: Awww, that's really sweet!!! Thank you SOOO much!!! I hope everyone can stay with me even after the story ;) After this story, I'm going to ask my readers what story they'll like and I'll write it so everyone can be with me again XD

xXJitaCrazyXx: THANK YOU UNNIE!!!!!!! I've done my best on the test, I just hope the selection committee is nice XD

sighs123: Thank you for the luck!!!!!! I really needed it on the day of the test >.< Yep, I'll start updating from now on!!! I hope everyone is still as interested in this story as before XD Btw, update ur story!!!!!! You have a loyal reader here!!!!! *points at myself* XD

Banana_Head: Thank you for commenting!!!!!!! And thank you so much for wishing me good luck!!!!!!!! XD I missed you SOOOO much!!! Where did you go??? You didn't read my story for soo long, and you didn't comment :(  But I'm glad you commented this time, kekeke!