The Love Me Not Game

My Brother "Loves" Me

Taeyang's POV

I stood on the stage with Taeyeon beside me. I didn't really want to play this 'Love Me Not' game, but then Taeyeon wanted to. Since she's like a little sister to me, I'm going to treat her nicely so I agreed to play the game.

"Contestants! Firstly, the couples need to bite this apple. If they finish eating the apple, they are going to win the first round!" Lee Soo Hyun said as he held up a rod with an apple connected to it by a thin string.

"However, you cannot touch the apple in any way while eating it! I'll give you five minutes! If any couple still didn't finish eating the apple, then they are out. The game starts now!" Lee Soo Hyun shouted.

WHAT??!!!! Eating the same apple with Taeyeon???!!! I never expected that the game would be like THIS!

"Taeyeon, I-" I was about to say that I couldn't play the game with her when I saw Dara and that guy standing really close together. I closed my eyes, swallowing all the anger and jealousy. If Dara's so close to that guy, then I can be close to Taeyeon as well!

"Let's play!" I opened my eyes after a few seconds and smiled at Taeyeon.

"Ne!" Taeyeon replied happily. The other couples were already starting to bite the apple. Someone was holding the rod for each couple. A girl stood beside us and smiled as she held up the rod for us.

I attempted to grab the apple with my teeth, but it just bounced away. Hmph! I started my second attempt. I could see Taeyeon doing the same thing. She was blushing madly. Hmm, maybe the air conditioner is too hot?

"Taeyeon, push the apple this way with your mouth. Then I can bite the apple." I suggested. I didn't know if it was going to help, but it was worth a try.

"Ok!" She nodded and pushed the apple towards me.

I opened my mouth wide and bite it. This time it didn't bounce away as I took a huge chunk out of it.

"It worked, oppa!" Taeyeon squeaked with excitement.

I nodded vigorously as I swallowed the chunk of apple.

Taeyeon's POV

I looked at Taeyang. He was so close to me that I could even smell the scent that always clings to him. It smelt a bit like chocolate icecream. Looking at him made my heart beat fast. I swallowed and took a deep breath to calm myself.

Everything about him was so perfect. His eyes which always crinkle up while he laughs. His perfect nose that makes him look like a proud knight. His full lips which always make me blush while looking at it. He's like the prince on a white horse, the ideal boyfriend every girl in this world would craze for.

Even though I seemed calm while playing the game with him, I was actually so embarrassed and excited that I can't even talk properly. I hope he didn't realise that.

I turned my head and looked into Dara's eyes, smirking at her triumphantly. Taeyang soon will be mine, even if his sister doesn't allow it! For some reason, I felt that the relationship between her and Taeyang isn't just sibling love. But I don't know what else they could have between them if they are only siblings. Maybe I'm just too suspicious.

"Quickly! The time's running out!" Taeyang said urgently. He pushed the apple towards me with his lips. I steadied myself and bite the apple. There was only a few pieces left. I pushed the apple back to him and giggled when he didn't get hold of the apple. It was so fun just being around Taeyang. I really hope this game continues forever.

Dara's POV

I looked at Taeyang and Taeyeon. Their lips were only an apple's width apart. If the apple bounces away suddenly, they would accidentally kiss each other. I...........I don't know what to feel anymore. Jealousy? What could I be jealous of? I don't have the right to feel jealous, I can't be Taeyang's girlfriend anyway. Angry? Angry of what? Because Taeyang didn't reject Taeyeon for playing this game? I can't control him, so he can do whatever he wants, not that he cares about what I feel. Betrayed? Well definitely some of that. He already kissed me, so of course he loves me. How can he just go to Taeyeon now?! But what can I do? I can't just go up and slap Taeyeon and tell her Taeyang's mine! Even though I want to. I can't do anything. Because I'm only his sister.

I took a shuddering deep breath, hoping that my tears would stay still and not fall down. If they did fall down, then Taeyeon's going to be suspicious. And if she starts being suspicious, she'll find out about Taeyang and my forbidden love for each other..........Hmph! I don't even know if Taeyang loves me or not. He didn't say that he does, he just kissed me. What does that mean???? If he loves me, he won't go up there and play that ing ridiculous game with Taeyeon!

I took another deep breath, but I only felt more like crying. I feel so hopeless, not being able to keep the one I love from other girls. Not being able to confide in anyone about how I feel. Not being allowed to love Taeyang openly. Not knowing if Taeyang actually loves me or not. Not knowing when our stupid forbidden love will end. THERE'S JUST SO MANY THINGS I DON'T KNOW AND CAN'T DO! I feel like a bird being caught in a cage. No matter how hard I try to escape, there's just no use of it.

Looking at Taeyang again, I smiled bitterly. Maybe he doesn't actually love me? Maybe he just kissed me because his hormones were telling him to? And now he's abandoning me for another girl who he can love without hiding anything. A girl with pretty looks and a hot body. A girl so cute that any guy can fall in love with her. A girl so sweet that she can melt anyone's heart. A girl that has everything I don't have. She's everything I'm not.

I feel like crawling under a table and just curl myself into a small ball. I'm so insignificant, so unimportant. Also so stupid to wait for Taeyang to come back me.

Why would he come back to you? He was never with you!

I reminded myself that Taeyang chose me and not Taeyeon earlier on.

But that's what all brothers do for their family. Of course they won't abandon their family for their gonna-be-girlfriends! Taeyang only chose you because he had to! Because you're his SISTER! Not because he loves you!

I shook my head so that annoying voice can leave. I wanted to believe in Taeyang. To believe that he really loves me and not Taeyeon.

But right in this moment, as I watched him and Taeyeon laughing carefreely on stage, playing that game that brings them so close together, my belief in him wavered. And then shattered into a million pieces that could never be put together again. Just like Humpty-Dumpty. I laughed aloud bitterly.

Kim Hyun Joon's POV

I turned my head and looked at Dara. Her body was shaking slightly as she stared at Taeyang and Taeyeon. I looked at Taeyang and Taeyeon. Is there something wrong? Dara seems kind of angry. Maybe because she thought Taeyeon is taking her brother away from her? Hmm, that must be it! Taeyeon was talking to Taeyang for the whole evening, not giving Dara any chance to talk to her brother alone.

I looked back at Dara. Her face was blank, but wild emotions were dancing behind her eyes. She was clenching her fists without realising it. She looked beautiful in a fragile sort of way. Suddenly, I hated Taeyeon. I was sure that she made Dara like this. Why did she have to barge in and take Dara's brother away from Dara??!!! Maybe she feels a little scared without her brother because she barely knows anyone in this party. And that Cindy was being mean to her!

Feeling angry for Dara, I grabbed her hand and dragged her up stage.

"Let's play this game too!" I smiled at her.

"But....I........"Dara said hesitantly.

"Ooohh, no buts! Come on!" I eyed Lee Soo Hyun and he told another person to hold the rod for us.

"Push the apple to me!" I ordered, giving Dara no chances to protest or refuse.

She nodded uncertainly and pushed the apple to me with her lips. I gripped the apple with my teeth and bit it. Juice flew out everywhere as a part of the apple fell into my mouth. Of course, some of it also sprayed onto Dara's face. She widened her eyes, as if not yet realising what was happening around her. I laughed happily and wiped her face gently with my sleeve, feeling my heart skip a bit as I felt her soft skin under my sleeve.

Taeyang's POV

Someone laughed on stage. It sounded somewhat familiar. I looked around and spotted Dara and Kim Hyun Joon also playing this game. Kim Hyun Joon was wiping her face gently with his sleeve. A sudden burst of anger lit inside me. How could he touch Dara??! She's mine. MINE ONLY.

"Taeyang oppa, we're nearly finished! Just two more bites!" Taeyeon grabbed my attention back as she nudged me and pointed at the apple. I nodded lifelessly and easily bit the last two pieces off the apple. I didn't care about this game anymore. I just wanted to take Dara home and ask her why she was being so close to that guy!

"Yay! We won!" Taeyeon shrieked. Her face was beaming with excitement and happiness. Taeyang, stop being so mean to Taeyeon! She's the one you're playing this game with! Stop thinking about Dara, focus on Taeyeon! I scolded myself, but I could feel my gaze travelling back to Dara.

She was biting the apple now. Her face was a faint pink colour as she locked eyes with Kim Hyun Joon. As if they had telepathy, Kim Hyun Joon pressed harder on the apple, giving her a good chance of biting a chunk off the apple. His lips were so close to her's, just so close! I gritted my teeth and tasted blood in my mouth.

Hmph, Taeyang, who are you to her anyway? Just a brother! Just a stupid brother who loves his sister madly. I wiped my face with my hand, trying to rub away all the fatigue and jealousy.

She's not mine anyway. She can't and won't ever be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JessieAngLalala, glitter-hipster_01, thea_basilio, SoraYah, PawnStarr, whiteheart, jyoun97, peachymomo47, cheondoong, sheylala21, javasunshine19, kristinamay17, Ae-Jae, AnjhayFD, pacifxs93 and Kpopislove. If you guys still don't comment, your author - me, is going to cry very very badly :''(