Am I Really Who I Am?

My Brother "Loves" Me

Minho's POV

"Yah Minho, come to the Hansun river today!" Taeyang suggested.

"Ok. I'll bring food." I said into the phone before I hung up.

The word 'river' brought me shivers even though I don't know why.

However, I still prepared all the food and headed for the river.

It's been a while since seeing Taeyang. I miss those times when we would just go out for a game of basketball or for KFC. Now, he doesn't even have time and I have my studies.

The sky was dim as heavy clouds covered the sun. It looked like it was about to rain. Oh well, that's even better, we can have a fight in the rain.

"Dara didn't come?" I asked half-heartedly when I arrived, watching the boiling sea.

"Nup!" Taeyang shook his head. For some reason, nowdays when he talks about Dara, there's always a mysterious sadness that invades his eyes, but it always vanishes quickly before I could confirm it's existence.

"Catch!" I threw him a bottle of coke while I sat down on the grassy bank.

The river infront of me writhed and tumbled, its deadly fingers reaching towards me. The water gradually turned even blacker. It howled and shrieked like a beast. Unconsciously, I moved backwards.

The river.....this river.....makes me scared. For no reason at all, I wanted to run away as far as I can and never return.

"Yah, yah!" Taeyang waved his hand infront of my face. Seems like he's been doing it for a few minutes now, his eyes were confused as he watched me.

"....What?" I said hesitately, still not able to fully recover from the fright the river gave me.

"Are you ok? You look kinda pale." Taeyang sat down beside me and started drinking his coke.

I shook my head to indicate that I'm alright.

"You know what's ironic? This is where my hyung last came." Taeyang said softly.

Suddenly, a series of images flashed through my head, but they were so fast that I couldn't even catch a glimpse of it.

I turned around and looked at Taeyang, trying to throw all of these weird images away.

"Did you and Dara fight? You two don't even talk to each other these days." I realised the sadness in Taeyang's eyes.

"Haha, of course not! We're just too busy." Taeyang laughed, but it sounded bitter and lonely to me.

"Stop lying, I know that's not the truth." I said sharply.

Taeyang is those kind of people who if you don't push on, they won't tell you what's their worries and problems.

"Nothing can get past your eyes." Taeyang chuckled, "Dara and I.....we......I don't know."

I frowned. Taeyang never hesitated at things, so why is he hesitating now? Seems like the problem is even bigger than I thought.

"Don't worry! She'll forgive you if you two had a fight. From what I know, she's sweet and understanding." I said, Dara's small face filling in my mind.

"It's not like you fell in love with her! Or else THAT will be a big problem." I joked.


Taeyang's POV

"It's not like you fell in love with her! Or else THAT will be a big problem." Minho added.

I froze, my mind as blank as a sheet of paper.

"So stop being so sad! It'll pass." Minho punched my arm lightly.

I smiled awkwardly and punched him back.

I relaxed when Minho turned his attention back to the river.

If Minho knows that I love Dara........the consequences.....I don't even want to think about it.

"Hey, let's go for a swim!" I suggested and took off my shirt.

"..............Ok." Minho replied.

I was too busy taking off my shoes to notice Minho's sudden silence.

"I'll race you." I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Then be prepared to lose!" Minho jumped up and quickly took off his shoes.

After counting three, I sped full speed ahead. The river loomed infront of me.

Everytime I don't feel well, I'll come to this river and everything will get better. I guess it's because my hyung is protecting me in heaven.

"Yah!" I shouted before jumping into the deep waters.

Once the water touched my body, I started swimming. The river seemed never ending as it spiralled on and on.

Feeling the cool temperature of the water, I sighed mentally. If only Dara and my relationship is as easy as swimming, then I wouldn't have to be so worn out.

I know that I should just let her go, but I can't. How can I?

She's my sister who I protected for years, who I loved and nurtured. I can't just let her go to another guy's arms!

I closed my eyes and held my breath as I started to sink towards the bottom. The river is even more peaceful than a library.


Minho's POV

I jumped into the river after Taeyang.

Suddenly, a wave of panic and fear washed over me like the waves.

The black waters around me pulled and pushed. I felt like a broken toy within this powerful sea.

"Appppa!!! Umma!!!!! Help!!!!" A small boy's yell made me shiver.

Who was that? I looked around frantically but no one was in sight.

"Minho!! Hold on, umma is coming!!!" A young woman shouted.

I turned around again, but still couldn't find anyone. It sounded a bit like....Taeyang's mum.

I wanted to swim back to the surface when a burst of pain exploded in my head.

Cradling my head, I squeezed my eyes shut. The pain came in waves, making me want to scream but also begging for it to stop. I could feel my body slowly sinking deeper into the bottomless river.

A new pain burned in my lungs. I tried to swim upwards but the pain in my head became too much for me to even move a finger.

Images flashed through my head again, this time, it came slowly.

A man diving into the water but he didn't see me.

Groups of small children standing nearby, sobbing and crying.

A woman's heart-breaking scream as she slapped the water with angry fists.

All of them had one thing in common. Their faces were all blurry, making it hard for me to see who they were.

With the confusing pictures, the pain increased.

I screamed without the intention to and felt water filling into my lungs. I swished around but I just couldn't seem to go back up.

Apart from all of these, the sudden wave of panic and fear never ended.

I smiled bitterly, so this is how I end.

I smiled even more bitterly when I realised that this was where Taeyang's hyung also ended.

A weird thought invaded my mind.

What if....I am Taeyang's hyung?

What if the coincidence was real?

This idea seemed ridiculous............until another series of images...memories appeared in my mind.

A child laughing happily while a woman fed him rice. The child looking longingly at a red sports car in the toys department. A man throwing the child high up in the air and then catching him back with his powerful arms.

That child.........is me.

I remember now. My appa......my umma.......

I'm really Taeyang's hyung, Dara's oppa.

God, why did you make me remember now? When I'm close to death?

I looked at the surface which seemed so far away. My deaths.....both of them......happening in this river.....

I laughed bitterly, making air bubbles escape from my throat.

Jalga.....


Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!

I'm so sorry guys for not updating for so long. All mysteries and problems will be solved after about 10 chapters. And so will the story end. I hope you've enjoyed it so far and thank you again for being patient with me. Saranghae!

To Subscribers:

xXJitaCrazyXx: LOL! Unnie is even more racist!! Egg yolk!!! You're racist to yellow-skinned asians!!!!!!! XD

sighs123: Keke, thank you so much for commenting!!!! This chapter is a clear up about Minho! >.<

sundara18: I'm fighting all right! XD Sorry for deciding to end this story soon, it's just that I don't have much inspiration and I've already got the ending in mind *wink wink* <3