Dinner with Minho (Part 1)

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara’s POV

“Yah Taeyang! Hurry up! We’re going to be late! Minho’s waiting for us!” I yelled as I grabbed the house keys and pulled on my black high heels.

“Ok ok.” Taeyang grumbled as he ran downstairs. He shoved his feet into his white converse with anger.

“What’s wrong with you? Did someone piss you off?” I asked, looking at him in concern. He usually doesn’t behave like this. Even if he’s angry, he won’t be so agitated infront of me. And why is he even angry?

“Nothing.” He replied and opened the door. I was about to pat his shoulder when he slammed the door behind him. My fingers nearly got jammed in the door! WTF is wrong with him?! I didn’t even do anything bad to him! Except when I used the car cloth to wipe him…. But he wasn’t angry then! He was laughing like he was the one who wiped that cloth on me!

I opened the door and stepped out grudgingly, waiting for Taeyang to drive the car out.

Taeyang’s POV

OMG! What the heck is wrong with Dara?? Why does she care about Minho so much?? So what if Minho waits for us for a while?! It’s not as if his life needed saving!

I settled into the car and pulled the seat beat across me. Maybe Dara is acting like this because she likes Minho?? A stab of weird emotion spread across my chest, squeezing my heart. I felt as if I’m about to vomit.

“Taeyang, hurry up! It’s nearly seven!” Dara said as she hurried into the car and tied her seatbelt.

I said nothing and drove the car towards Minho’s house. I tried to suppress the emotion inside, it’s threatening to overwhelm me. I gritted my teeth and kept on driving.

Sandara’s POV

I turned my head and looked at Taeyang’s sideways. His eyebrows were knitted together and his lips formed a thin line, as if he’s in pain. He stared straight ahead, not even sparing a glance in my way.

What the heck made him upset again?? Wait…Maybe it’s because I kept on hurrying him and he got annoyed, that’s why he doesn’t talk to me anymore. But I just wanted to arrive at Minho’s house quickly, so Minho doesn’t have to wait for us for ages!

If that’s what makes him angry, then I guess I should apologise.

“Oppa, I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier. I shouldn’t have done it, I’m sorry.” I said softly. I really wish that everything is alright between us.

“………..” The silence hung in the air, suffocating me. Why doesn’t he say anything back?? Is he still mad?

“Oppa~~ I’m really sorry, please forgive me.” I apologised again, shaking his arm gently.

“Don’t touch me, I’m driving.” Taeyang replied and shook my hand off.

I stared at him unbelievably. I just yelled at him for a few times and now he’s mad as hell??

“Yah, I said I’m sorry. Why can’t you just let it go?” I asked, this time getting a little angry.

“……………..” Taeyang still didn’t talk.

Hmph! Fine, be that way! I stopped talking and looked at the scenery outside the window.

Taeyang’s POV

I looked straight ahead, but actually looking at nothing.

I knew I was being mean, but I just didn’t want to talk to her right now. She didn’t need to apologise, it was my fault. I made myself angry because I’m jealous of Minho. Wait……Did I just say I’m jealous?? JEALOUS??? I never knew I could actually get jealous! And I never knew that I could get JEALOUS of my BEST FRIEND because of my SISTER.

I must be going crazy again.

I didn’t want to hurt Dara, that’s why I’m not talking to her. Because right now I felt like kissing her, hugging her, making her all mine!

Mine only. She won’t ever be Minho’s girlfriend. I won’t allow it.

I’ve seen Dara grow up. I’ve done everything for her! I helped her, protected her, I can’t just let Minho take her away! She could only be mine!

My mind was in a flurry of thoughts. The only thing I could make out from all these thoughts were: She’s mine, even though there will not be any happy ending for us, she’s still mine. Now and forever.

Sandara’s POV

I couldn’t help but glance at Taeyang again. I really want him to talk to me, to say that he forgives me and won’t be angry at me again. Even though I knew that I can’t be his girlfriend, I still wanted to maintain the sisterly relationship with him. Being his sister, I can see him everyday, talk to him, watch tv with him, sometimes hug him. I can’t bear for him to be mad at me.

But I didn’t want to pull myself down. I can’t apologise again, it’ll seem as if I needed him too much. I have dignity, so I just kept silent and waited for the arrival to Minho’s house.

Taeyang’s POV

We finally arrived at Minho’s house after 15 minutes.

“Hi Dara! Hi Taeyang!” Minho opened the door and smiled at us happily.

“Hi Minho oppa!” Dara flung herself at him and hugged him tightly.

Hmph, they are so happy about their reunion. Who am I to be jealous and act like an idiot? I’m just Dara’s brother, just a stupid brother who fell madly in love with his own sister! My heart started a dull throbbing.

“Hey, come in!” Minho ushered us into the house and lead us to the dining room.

“Don’t forget to wash your hands first!” Minho said as he winked at Dara.

“I already know that!” Dara replied cheerfully and washed her hands in the kitchen.

“Hey man, what’s with the not-talking-to-Minho-and-Dara-thing?” Minho turned around and asked me.

“Nothing, I’m just too hungry to talk.” I forced a smile and sat down on the chair.

“Oh ok, then let’s start eating!” Minho pulled Dara’s seat out and welcomed Dara to sit. She sat down gingerly and laughed when Minho pushed the chair back in for her. Well, well, well, what a lovely couple.

I grabbed the chopsticks and stuffed my mouth with food because I didn’t want to talk to them. Minho started talking happily about his day at the art gallery while Dara eagerly listened to him. Hmph, never saw her listening that eagerly at me! I kept on shoving food in my mouth grumpily.

“You know what I did to that piece of artwork, I @#%%&^*!!@$#%$^” Minho said as he moved his hands around excitedly.

“Wow, oppa, that’s awesome!” Dara exclaimed as she clapped her hands in joy.

“I know right! So then *$#%^&%*@#$#$%#&%#%^@%$^”

“Hey Minho oppa, did you cook all of these dishes by yourself?”

“Yep!”

“Woooooow! That’s so cool! This is the first time I’ve eaten food that Minho oppa cooked! It’s so yummy!”  

I listened to them talking, getting sadder and sadder. They seemed so perfect together. Cool guy with the cute girl living happily ever after, isn’t that great? I smiled sarcastically.

“Yah Taeyang, what’s up with you today? Why aren’t you talking?” Minho suddenly realised that I was sitting there alone, eating silently.

“I’m too hungry, just let me finish eating.” I said with a mouth full, pretending that I really was super hungry like a person who hasn’t eaten in weeks and that I didn’t have time to talk to them.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Dara frown a bit.

“Slow down man, you’re going to choke.” Minho said as he patted my back.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and continued to eat.

Sandara’s POV

What the heck is wrong with Taeyang today?? Seriously! At first he’s angry with me, then when he arrives at Minho’s house, he started stuffing food in his mouth and refused to talk to us.

I’m really getting angry and frustrated now, I don’t know what the hell is wrong with him and why the heck is he behaving like this!

Minho’s POV

I looked at Taeyang with concern. I knew him ever since middle school and he never acted like this before. Even if he’s hungry, he will still talk to me. I also realised that he and Dara haven’t spoken a word to each other. They were really talkative siblings, why are they acting like this now? Maybe they had a fight with each other?

Questions after question spun in my confused mind.