Taeyang's Mysteries

My Brother "Loves" Me

Sandara's Umma's POV

I opened the door to Dara's room quietly. She was sleeping peacefully. Taeyang has half of his body on the bed while his other half was sitting on a chair. They both were snoring softly. I smiled sourly and closed the door.

Poor child. I padded to my room and closed the door behind me. Yeobo was reading a newspaper on the bed.

I lied onto the bed and sighed. For some reason, I don't think Taeyang and Dara are just siblings. They have something similar like sibling love, but also mixed with something else which I can't identify. Taeyang seemed too protective while Dara seemed to care about him too much. Last time when I was going to go to the supermarket, Dara asked me to buy some woollen socks for Taeyang because the weather is getting cold. What kind of sister can take notice of the gradually cooling weather and care about if her brother is going to be cold? 

If they love each other, I don't disagree. Actually, I'll be so happy! The fact that the child I helped grow up can actually become my son-in-law makes me satisfied. He's very handsome and has a kind heart. I'm sure he can take great care of Dara. However, yeobo has a very different thought in his mind.

I sighed again. No one can ever change my yeobo's mind once he has decided. Not that his decisions are unreasonable, it's just hard to persuade him otherwise once he set his mind on something. But, I'm still going to try my best to give Taeyang a chance of becoming my son-in-law!

"Yeobo, I think we should tell them." I said as I sat up and looked at Dara's appa.

"No. I already told you, I want them to be siblings." Yeobo said determinedly.

"But do you know painful it'll be for them if they fall in love but think that they cannot be together?" I asked.

"They will NOT fall in love, because they are SIBLINGS." Yeobo said with a final tone, but this time I wasn't going to give up so easily.

"How would you know? They don't share the same blood, which makes them able to fall in love together!" I protested.

"I just know, now stop fussing and sleep." Yeobo took off his glasses and turned off the light after placing the newspaper on the ground.

I sat there like a statue, not wanting to give up. Why?? Why can't he just give them a chance???

"Yeobo, remember how my parents wouldn't let me marry you because you weren't rich?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"But then they changed their mind after seeing how much you love me. They gave you a chance. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GIVE THEM A CHANCE?" I said.

"That's two totally different things. We aren't siblings!" He switched the light back on and faced me.

"But they aren't siblings either!" I talked back. Why the heck did I marry this stubborn idiot anyway?? He doesn't even have any romantic cells in his brain.

"They are, in my eyes." He said calmly.

I uttered a frustrated sigh.

"They are NOT! And YOU know it!" I turned my back to him angrily and closed my eyes. I heard him sigh as he switched off the light.

That stupid appa!

I can still see the memories right infront of my eyes. Even though they are painful.

Flashback

It was a snowy day. The first child we had, Minho, was playing near the river with his friends. He was only nine years old then. At that time, yeobo was barbequeing on the upper banks while I was sitting far away, reading a book. For some reason, Minho always loved to eat BBQ in winter, so we took him outside that day. And I will forever regret that decision.

"Aaarrrgghh!!!!! Appa, umma!!!! Help!!!!!!" Minho screamed. I quickly looked at Minho's direction and realised that he fell into the river. I scrambled up and ran towards him, my heart beating crazily. That was the first time I realised that humans can actually feel so scared for their loved ones that they would wish to trade places with them.

"Minho! Hold on, umma is coming!!!!!" I shouted as I got closer and closer to him, while his head bobbed up and down into the water helplessly. Yeobo ditched the tongs in his hands and dived towards the river. However, the huge river swallowed him up in a blink of an eye.

Minho's friends were screaming and shouting loudly. Some of them already were crying with fear. I didn't have time to comfort them. The only thing I could think of was to save Minho. If he......died, I'll surely die as well. I jumped into the river, ignoring the icy cold water swirling around me. As I waded deeper into the river, Minho was already sinking as he ed and turned. I dived in and tried to grab his hand, but missed by an inch. I tried to dive again but the strong water current won't allow me.

Yeobo was also in the water, his powerful arms sweeping water away as he swam down to Minho. However, after a few agonising minutes, he came back out. With no Minho in his arms.

"WHERE IS HE?!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE HIM OUT???!!!!" I screamed at him as my hair whipped around me ferosciously. The cold winter wind was slicing through my body, but the pain in my heart was stronger.

"I.......yeobo, sorry, I.....I can't find him..........I searched every inch of the lake bottom but.......I can't see him." Yeobo said shakily.

"GO GET HIM!!!!! HE'S DOWN THERE, WAITING FOR US TO SAVE HIM!!!!!!!! HE'S DOWN THERE! HE'S WAITING.......FOR US!" I shrieked as I hugged myself. I knew the terrible truth. Minho was already in the water for.........for more than ten minutes. Even if he didn't disappear, he'll suffocate by now. And even if he knew how to swim, the cold would numb his body, making him unable to swim.

Yeobo ran back to the banks to get his phone and called the police.

But......BUT I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT! My lovely son is gone! Just gone! One second he was still laughing and playing, the next, he's already gone! I can't, I really can't believe it!

My legs could no longer hold my battered heart and body. I sank into the water and cried. No longer caring if I would drown myself. Suddenly, a crazed thought spread inside my mind. What if Minho isn't dead? What if he's still waiting for his umma to save him?? I dived deeper and deeper under the water, ignoring the slight pain the strong water pressure is giving me. The river was very deep, I still couldn't see the bottom after swimming for a long time. I could feel my lungs collapsing as all the air escaped from my throat. I smiled bitterly. If I can't find Minho, I'll die with him, so he won't be lonely in heaven.

However, he might still be there waiting for me! I can't give up on him so soon! Breathing in a few quick mouthfuls of air, I dived back into the water. I HAVE TO FIND HIM! HE'S MY SON! I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON HIM!

I surfaced back up to get more air and dived back down. NO, I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON MINHO! Again and again, I dived down to the bottom. I can't just let Minho go like this. It's not supposed to be like this! He's not supposed to leave me so soon! I should have been able to watch him grow up, get good grades, go to university, have his first girlfriend, get his first job, marry and then have children of his own! HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO LEAVE ME SO SOON!

I know I was going crazy, but I no longer cared. I might as well become crazy if Minho's gone.

"Minho, you're being a naughty boy again, aren't you? Stop hiding in the river! Umma is worried. Minho, come out! I promise I'll buy you the race car toy you wanted! Oh God, I'll buy you ANYTHING you want! Just come out! Please Minho, umma is begging you! MINHO-AH!!!!!!!!" I murmured softly as I swept the water lightly. I shook my head again and again, unable to believe the truth.

He's not gone. Of course he's not! He's just being naughty again. He's trying to make me feel worried and then buy him that car he wants, isn't he? I know he is!

"Minho-ah, umma surrenders! Umma will give you anything you want. Just come out! I promise I won't be angry with you! I promise.....I promise....I love you, Minho-ah! I love you......I love you......." I sobbed, my body shaking with the cold and my heartbreak.

"Yeobo, don't be like this. It's alright. Everything'll be alright. I already called the police. They'll be here in a second. They'll find Minho for us." Yeobo wadded into the water, hugging me.

What can the police do?! They can't do anything! Can they find Minho for me? I CAN'T EVEN FIND HIM!

Ever since that tragical day, I began buying toys for Minho, stocking them all in his room. I bought the cars he wanted, the lollies he loved, the cap he likes, the colour pencils he finished. I only wanted him to come back home. I just wanted to see him again. I'm sure he's not just gone like this. He should at least say goodbye to me!

"Yeobo, I decided we should go adopt a orphan boy. He's going to become our second Minho." Yeobo said to me one day. I nodded numbly. I couldn't feel anything now. Nothing can make me happy or sad ever again. My heart has already shattered ever since that day.

"Hmm, let's take this boy home!" Yeobo decided as he held a young baby gently in his arms. The child was barely four months old! How could someone leave him??? For the first time Minho left me, I could feel something. Pain, I think, for this little baby.

"EEYAYEEYAYA!" The child said as he waved his arms around with excitement.

I smiled at him and took him in my arms. He will become my Minho.

"Taeyang, I'll name you Taeyang. It sounds like the sun in chinese. You're just like the sun, making me feel happiness and warmth." I murmured as I held the baby close to my chest. No one can take him away from me. Not after what happened with Minho. I'm going to protect this baby. He's more important than my life now.

Once again, my home was filled with laughter and happiness as we watched the baby grow up. I no longer felt like I'm on the edge of madness. I have Taeyang. He's my everything now.

After a few years, I had another child. A girl. I named her Sandara for no particular reason. It just sounded right to call her that. So Sandara and Taeyang grew up together. Watching them happily growing up, I feel happy myself, despite my loss of Minho.

Of course, after returning from the river, I began searching for Minho everywhere. I posted Minho's pictures in the streets, leaving my contact number and address so anyone who saw Minho could contact me. I posted the news of Minho disappearing on the newspapers and even on TV. I still believe that Minho wasn't dead. I really hope that one day, Minho would walk through the doors again and back into my arms.

With Taeyang and Sandara with me, I felt stronger and happier. Even though I miss Minho terribly, I can bear it.

Flashback ended

I sighed again, ending the bitter memories. I want Taeyang and Dara to be happy together. I know what Yeobo is thinking. He wants them to become siblings, just like Minho would be Dara's brother if he was still here. Before, I always thought of Taeyang as Minho the second. I've given him everything Minho liked. But now, I cared about Taeyang as himself. Not Minho the second. I know Minho is already gone. I've accepted it. Even though I really don't want to, I had to. Sometimes, the truth is terrible and painful, but it is the truth afterall. I just hope Yeobo can accept it and let Taeyang and Dara be together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you to my dear readers for reading this chapter!!!!! I lost 1 subscriber in this story. I think it's because I don't update so often. I'm sorry. It's just my laziness XD My readers, please continue to support me!!! I will update faster from now on, if I don't have tests. If I do, I'll let you guys know :) so please don't unsubscribe, it's going to break my heart 3