ReSearch

Falling again

It's bee a long week. Arranged marriage, again. Dealing with duchess and dukes, making friends with other princess and insufferable back pains. I reached up and massaged a spot under my shoulder blade. It was aching and like hell. I didn't complain to anyone, what were they going to do? I was reading through a large, leather bound book. It stated back to the begginning of time, the archangels being created, the history, the feuds, the battles and wars. I flipped a page. I was currently reading about the war between trolls and angels. It was fascinating to think, this all happened without humans finding out. Some of the battle places were in such populated places, it didn't explain how humans couldn't see them. 

"Doing a little light reading?" 

I jolted and turned around and smiled.

"Kimi!" I smiled, then glanced at the large book, " Uh... no, just homework..."

"Homework?" She sat down next to me, leaning her sword against the desk, " You never did that in school"

I smiled, " Yeah..."

"History?" She read a few lines and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, so I don't feel so stupid around ancient people" I sighed.

She chuckled and leaned into her chair.

"How's work?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Fine, I'm training a lot of rookies..." She smiled.

"Rookies? what for?" I frowned.

"There is a school, to train young angels"

"What?angels?" 

"Humans with angel senses and strength, you know those guards, thats what they are"  She sighed.

"Cool, do you teach them how to fight and stuff?" I asked.

"Yeah" 

The door opened and a tall man in gold and white uniform. 

"Eunhyuk?" Kimi's light voice turned hard.

"There is a problem that needs your presence" He said monotone.

Kimi sighed, "I have to go, look after yourself Min" She kissed my forehead, picked up the sheath and walked out. 

I waved goodbye, Eunhyuk bowed and left with Kimi. 

I spun around to face my book. The words looked like a bunch of scribbles now. I slammed the book shut and moved onto the next one.

I opened it and tried to read the next.Rubbing my eyes, I stood up, and walked out. It was stuffy and hot inside the library. 

"Done studying?" I opened the door to meet a cheeky grin.

"Yup!" I smiled back, "Hey YongGuk..."

"Would Her Majesty, like to go on an adventure?" He grinned, his hair falling into his eyes.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, "What kind of adventurre? I can't leave the castle" 

"It will be fun! I promise" He pulled my arm out and started to pull me down the hall.

"Oh really?" I smiled, happy I don't have to do any more work.

"What were you studying?" He asked as we walked down the long hallways.

"History, of the angels of course, hey, do you know what the half angels and humans are called?" I glanced up at his face, he frowned a little.

"Hm... I don't really know, I didn't even know there was such thing, sorry" He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's okay, Kimi told me when she visited me, " I smiled.

"The girl with the really short hair and the man?" He raised an eyebrow.

I took a moment to realise, she did cut her hair, it used to be a little long, " Yeah, thats her" 

"She's a demon, why is she in the castle?" He said.

I grew annoyed, " Kimi, is my best friend, so I insisted she is to stay, my parents gave her a deal, she can stay in order for her to be loyal to our family crest" I said, a little angrier then normal.

"Huh, a demon, she was the one that supposedly "took" you, am I right?" He looked down on me.

"Yes, no, she said, they sent me, what does that mean?" I frowned a little. 

"I'm going to guess that lover boy fed you some story explaining your long absence?" He smirked.

"Shut up, I'm sure he wasn't lying! and he isn't my "lover boy"," I snapped.

He stopped talking for some time.

But it wasn't enough to stop him.

"Your sister didn't die because of you, she can survive without you, sickness didn't take her..." He started to say.

"How do you know this?!" I stop walking.

"This kinda a stuff doesn't stay secret for long.." He looked out the window.

"Are you going to tell me another story? saying how much bull my own sister told me?!" I crossed my arms.

"I haven't lied to you Min, I've only told you the truth," He stepped forward, anger flashed in his eyes, " And don't treat everything is normal because you're here, you can't just slot yourself into a family and pretend nothing has happened, you want to learn history? learn your own first, because if you don't then a whole bunch of will happen and it will be your fault because you didn't even bother to prevent it!" His eyes weren't focus.

"Don't blame on me! Who do you think you are? " I poked him with my finger, a little angry with him.

"I'm sorry , Your Highness" He said, in a sarcastic tone, " I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" 

"You know what, if you're like this all the time, I wonder how you even have your brothers living with you " I snapped.

"Don't! Bring them into this! They have nothing to do with you!" He said in a low, dangerous tone.

"My family has nothing to do with you!" I growled.

"They aren't your family! You are not their child! You are no one's child!" He yelled in frustration.

"Yes they are and you have no right to tell me who is my family or not!" I hissed, frustrated and annoyed.

"You are of no ones blood!" He grabs my shoulders, his fingers digging into my flesh, " How much more hints do I have to give you!? No one here is your parents!" 

"Why are you doing this!" My voice chocked a little, I tried to push him, but he was so strong, " Why are you ruining all that I have?" 

"Because no one will, no one will tell you the truth..." His voice turned softer. His grip loosened a little.

"I don't believe you.." I cried, I tried to pull myself out of his grip, but his fingers just clamped on again.

"You have to!" He shook me, " You have to believe me! I haven't lied to you Min! You need to know, realise and what you do, could ruin us, or save us, "

"Why me!" I shouted, " Why me!? Why do I have to do it? Why? Why? WHY?!" 

"Because you are so, strong, kind, caring, you don't stop until you have the truth, You are determine, you are reckless, what you are is what makes you a worthy person to carry this load.." The corner of his lips curled up a little.

" YongGuk, why do you have to do this? why did you have to tell me?" I grabbed his wrists and gripped my hands around them, his grip loosened and I pulled his hands off my shoulder.

"It is my mission, for the The Sole, to know who they are" He moved his hands into mine.

"And I'm a Sole?" 

"The Sole"