Emerald

Falling again

It was a new day. I grumbled as I dragged myself out bed. The knocking just wouldn't stop.

"Okay okay okay!!" I yelled. I threw on the robe and swung the door open.

"A princess does not yell!" My mother, stood tall in front of me.

"What do you want?!" Ignoring her "princess" comment.

"Due to all the recent events, we, me and your father have decided, that you need to be....married, as soon as possible, and since our first option has, failed....we have decided you will marry someone, closer to here" She didn't even blink. 

"Wait...what?!" I ran a hand through my messy hair, " Will you tell me who it is?" 

"You will meet him, get dressed" She walked into my room and sat her self down on my sofa. 

I sighed, I was too tired to even bother asking. Walked into the shower and stripped. Watever my mum wants, she might as well get. She is the queen after all. Wrapping the towel around me, I walked to the wardrobe.

"I choose your clothes, here" She gestured to the seat next to her.

I nod and then grab the clothes, walked to the wardrobe anyway. Throwing the clothes on, brushed my hair, slipped on a pair of flats. 

"Come on, already late" Mother stood up and walked out. Following her,she led me down a few halls until she stopped at the one she wanted. 

She opened the door and walked in. They both turned around.

"TOP?" Shock and surprise, I stepped forward.

Sympathy washed over his face.

"Yes, he has agreed for safety purposes that you will marry" Father smiled. He walked over to mother and stood proudly.

TOP smiled, but it was forced. 

Both my parents left the room, a smile on my fathers face. I turned to TOP, unsure on what to do. 

"TOP, did they force you to-"

"No, I agreed, just think....it is for your people..."  He stepped forward. 

"Would you like to go for a walk?" He gestured to another door.

"Sure" I followed behind him.

He opened the door for me. It was down a little hallway. 

"TOP.....I'm so sorry for my parents...." I looked down and fidgeted with the sleeve.

"Don't apoligize, it was gonna happen any way..." He said.

He opened another door and the aroma of sweetness hit me in the face.

"Welcome..." 

It was so beautiful, the flowers drifted in the breeze. 

"What is this?" I stared around in wonder. Breathing in the crisp air.

"I made this..... for you" I turned around, he smiled, then bent down on one knee.

"I want to give you this..." He smiled, opening a little, tiffany box, an oval diamond and emerald, gold ring.

He placed the ring on my finger. 

"It's so....big..." I stared at the oval emerald.

"Lets just enjoy this garden"