Mixture

Falling again

 

I woke up with a jolt. Something was nearby and it wasn't friendly. I fell out of bed, quickly grabbing comfortable clothes and shoving them on, I opened my bedroom door a crack. The silence filled the hallway. Opening it a little wider, enough for me too squeeze through, I closed it silently behind me and crept down the hallway. Nothing. The moonlight flooded into the living room through the large patio doors. I stayed out of the light. Not wanting to get caught. As I crept towards the kitchen, a large shadow flashed across the floor in front of the patio doors. I froze. It was outside. I looked out the kitchen window, something jumped onto a branch, nearly 4 feet off the ground. I squinted, two glowing, yellow eyes, stared right at me. I shook my head, thinking i imagined the eyes. I looked at the branch again and the eyes were gone. I sighed and then made my way to the kitchen. Avoiding the window, I opened a draw under the oven and a katana, still in its sheath. Taeyang mentioned this too me, saying that if anything happens, this is the first thing I must get. 

Closing the draw, I crept towards the patio doors, they were too open, making me an obvious target. But I'm armed and I'm skilled enough. I think. Taking a brave step, I stepped into the moonlight, I opened the patio doors. Warm air, washed over my skin, it was only a short time before something rustled in the bushes nearby. 

"You shouldn't of left the house kitten" A voice growled out.

"Who are you?!" I held the katana out in front of me.

"Someone you should stay away from" A large man, stepped out of the shadows.

"Why are you here" I scowled, he reeked of animal, the wild.

"For you kitten" His lip curled into a wicked smile.

"What are you?" Lowering the katana, trying to figure out his scent.

He stepped forward, too close. I swung the sword back up, stopping his path.

"Think you can stop me?" He placed his palm onto the side of the sword, then closed his hand over it.

"What are you doing?!" My eyes widened as blood,slid down from his hand and down his arm.

Clearly amused at my shock. He yanked the sword out of my hands. 

"You clearly have no idea on who I am" He flipped the sword and caught it by the handle. His hand was healed and no longer bled.

"What are you!?" I stepped back, thinking what I did was a bad idea.

"Revenge" He growled.

His free hand lashed out, holding tightly onto my wrist, I tried to yank free but it did nothing. Frightened for my life and the mysterious creature. He threw me out, away from the cottage. Wind whistled in my ears, the faint tingle of pain as I crashed through trees. Thrown into a large boulder, I fell to the Earth. My vision cleared up in a matter of minutes and in the distance, the cottage stood silently,basking in the moonlight. But I knew I had to get back, back to my safe haven. Feeling behind me, I grabbed onto a hold in the boulder and heaved myself up. Head slightly dizzy and the tingle in my back disappearing, I steadied myself before taking a step.

“Tut tut tut tut, a throw like that would of killed a human, paralyse an angel citizen” He came into view, dragging the tip of the blade on the ground, “But you’re none of that, aren’t you kitten” 

I swung out, missing his face. I stumbled forward, trying to catch my breath. I felt so breathless, exhausted even though I haven’t done any strenuous activity.

“W-what are you doing to me” I gasped, I fell back to the ground. On my hands and knees, trying to breath in gulps of air, trying to grasp onto oxygen for it to only slip away. 

“You need to sleep, I can not harm you any more kitten” He crouched beside me, his free hand slipped under my chin, pulling my head up to face him.

“Sleep kitten” His eyes where a caramel swirl.

A strange fog settled over me and as terrified as I was, my body relaxed. He’s doing something!! a voice screamed in my head. 

“Where’s Baro...” I gasped, closing my eyes and ripping my head out of his grasp. I fell back into the boulder.

“Oh him, don’t worry about him kitten, we spent too much time playing, it’s time to sleep” He then raised the handle of the sword and brought it down onto my head, sending me into utter darkness.

 


 

My head was slightly hurting. I opened my eyes a crack. The smell. The reek. It was everywhere. I jolted up to only have two gentle hands push me down.

"Hush, you need to rest" Her voice soothing.

"Where am I?!" I asked.

"Safe, I'm sorry about the hit, Joon Ki can get a little impatient" She sighed.

I tilted my head towards her, she was beautiful, blonde hair, the quaint nose, her skin seemed smooth,fresh. A little nose piercing glinted in the light and when she smiled, it wasn't fake, but genuine and caring.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

"I'm Victoria" She smiled brightly then stood up, "Hungry? you've been out a while" 

"How long?"

"Nearly two days, you were driven to exhaustion when Joon Ki came back, he didn't know what was draining your energy, so we let you rest" 

I sat up, " Victoria, please tell me where I am"

She bit her lip, hesitating,"Princess, I don't have that kind of authority, I'm sorry, I'll alert the others" She then left the room.

The door was locked, from the outside so I couldn't escape. Perfect. I sighed, something did drain me that night, maybe to heal me? I have no idea. The room i was in was clean and comfortable, a simple bed, table and sofa. It wasn't too fancy, but it wasn't a total mess. I climbed out of bed, to investigate the prison they were keeping me in, or whoever "they" were. Some cleam clothes were folded neatly on the bedside table, I looked down, I was still in my dirty clothes, so I changed. It still reeked of the wild, of animals yet I don't care, they're clean.

A window. Tapping it. Hmm....guessing it was unbreakable, I decided not to use my energy on throwing things around. So I sat on the bed and waited for Victoria to come back.

Which wasn't long. The door opened and more then one scent filled the room. Power, kindness, logic. I looked towards the door and standing there was my assailant, Victoria and another man. Looking about in his mid-twenties. 

Standing up, the man stared with calculating eyes. 

"Victoria, who are these?" I asked, but keeping my eyes on the man.

"This is Joon Ki" She gestured to the young but powerful male, his eyes steeled in cold, "And this is Lee Minho, our leader She bowed her head.

Minho stepped forward, his head reeling. 

"You okay?" Gruff and hard, doesn't seem he won't warm up to me any time soon.

"I guess, can you tell me what this is about?' I gestured to my jail.

"You are not privy towards that information" He said.

"Excuse me?" I growled, " You kidnap me! what are you gonna expect? I was just going to play along with your games?" 

Victoria looked startled, Joon Ki unfolded his arms and stepped forward to only have Minho block his way.

"You are right, but you don't seem to notice what you are" He narrowed his eyes.

"I don't seem to know alot about myself at the moment!" I threw my hands in the air, "First I'm told I'm not Human, then I'm told, I'm a god damn archangel, now, what is your story?" 

"You are half leopard" He grunted.

"What?" Did my mother do some ? I wiped that thought as soon as it came, I don't want to puke at the moment.

"Do you really think that weakling of a king is your father?!" He scowled.

"What are you talking about!? He is my father" I yapped at him.

"She obviously has not told you, or no one in that matter, "He sighed, then turned to his.....underlings, "Leave"

"But Mi-"

"That is an order" A deep growl, rumbled at the base of his throat. Victoria didn't disobey and left immediately, Joon Ki shot a glance at me then left.

"You are not fully archangel" He walked towards the sofa and sat down, his tall frame sunk into the cushions.

"Please do tell, I want to hear another story" I sat down on the bed.

"Your snark attitude is just like your mother" His lip curled into a smile. "You know of the demons, but you obviously don't know of us" 

"What are you exactly?" 

"I am a changeling, shape shifter, a metamorphosis" He waved his hand as he listed, " We come in clans and you, are part of this clan"

"Explain some more please"

"Your father knows, I've slept with his wife, but she never told me" He sighed, " That witch left as soon as she got the chance, leaving me no heir, no one to take my place incase anything happened to me" 

"You are part of everything, everyone needs, a demon, archangel and changeling heir, with three different species fighting for rule, you are the key to peace" 

""Then why did you kidnap me?! What has happened to Baro?!" Finally remebering that Baro didn't help me at all.

"He's dead"

Silent.