Distant

Falling again

"Hey Min!" I called out, she turned her attention from the piano keys to me.

"Oh, Hey" She looked back down, pressing the notes down softly.

"You okay, seem kinda, down in the dumps" I sat on the seat next to her. She shifted a little.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just family drama..."She closed her eyes and breathed in. 

"YongGuk, you don't have to be, I don't want to drag you into my family troubles, so please, don't worry yourself" Regret, flashed across her face.

"Nah, it's okay, I'm already in it anyway, " I faced the keys,it's been a long time since I played one.

"What, what do you mean?" She looked at me, curious.

I stared back at her, "Your bodyguard, used to be my friend. We did everything together, but it didn't last long, a few years then I couldn't come back..." 

"Oh, Taeyang over reacts alot, I understand but he's the one that didn't want to be with me" She stood up suddenly.

'Where are you going?" I asked.

"Away from here, I don't like it here at all" She moved away from the seat. I stood up and followed her, curious in where she's going.

"Don't you get lonely?" I glanced at her. She was stiff in her walk and kept fidgeting with her hands.

"What?" She frowned at the thought, "Sometimes, but I'm surrounded with people, how can I get lonely?"

"Well, thats true, but they don't get you do they?" I smiled, pleased I was right.

"Why does it matter? My feelings don't matter, they come first, the people I have to protect" She gazed off out the windows as we walked down the long hallway.

"Hmm..." I studied her as she left this world and entered her own. She didn't even seem to know where she was going. 

"But sometimes, you don't always have to put them first, sometimes, you have to put yourself first" I said, speaking my thoughts, she glanced at me, biting the inside of her cheek, she nodded.

"I guess..." She rounded a corner and we entered a small courtyard. Butterflies flashing their bright wings in the light, floating from one flower to another.

"You are very distant at the moment..." I looked at her, trying to figure out what was bothering her.

"What do you mean?" She sat on a smooth rock. 

"Away from reality and further into your mind" I sat next to her, "Analyzing, thinking, you are doing a million things with your mind.." 

"I tend to lock myself away from reality..." She said dreamily. Her eyes weren't focused. Something is messing with her mind.

"Min...you sure you are okay?" I leaned in and stared at her. 

She didn't even react to the amount of distance between me and her face. She just stared right ahead. An idea came to me. Maybe I should try it out. I leaned in and closed the distance between us, a fraction of a cm apart. I could feel her steady breath on my face. I planted a kiss on her cheek. Nothing. No jerking back. Nothing. I leaned back to see her watching me. Her face was flushed.

"What...are you doing?" She whispered. 

I grinned. Straightening, I started to walk away. So she knew. I left her sitting at the rock and just made my way to somewhere.

"You shouldn't of done that" A voice said. I stopped and turned around. I sneered. 

"Why? because you couldn't?" I crossed my arms.

He glared, " YongGuk, don't play with her, she breaks easily" He said.

"She isn't fragile Taeyang, she is stronger then all of us, she doesn't someone like you telling her what to do" I started to walk past him. He grabbed my arm.

"I'm warning you, you hurt her, I will come after you" He threatened.

"Can you stop? You and her are over, it will never be because you made that decision, not me and not her, so stop bugging me about it! I don't love her, Taeyang, but I certainly care for her and-" I ripped my arm out of his grasp, "You can stop being a prick, because all it's gonna get you is nothing" I turned and walked away. 

He didn't come after me, rounding another corner. Frustrated, I didn't do what I was really here for. I left the mansion, for my real mission