Leopard

Falling again

 

"Dead...why?" I stood up and stopped in front of Minho.

"He is an Heir, to the demons”

“BUT WHY! He has done nothing wrong to you!” I boiled.

He stood up, rising to his full height. Towering over me.

“You are my daughter, he has hurt you in a scheme you will never understand” He barked.

“Never understand? try me” I growled. 

“You only know the surface of it all, he killed you because of another girl, which isn’t why” He turned away and walked into a circle.

“He didn’t love you, those words are lies, he is a demon, he will never tell you the truth, if he did, it will give away everything” He stopped and turned to face me.

“That night, he was going to kill you, but changed his mind, he was going to marry you, take your kingdom, your fortune, then destroy of you” Stepping closer, his eyes pleaded me to believe he was right.

“How do you know this?” I gasped.

“He told me, straight up, the moment I walked into that cottage, he knew I was there”

“Wait you were in MY house!” The feeling of violation in my only secret home, jabbed me.

“You are my daughter, I can do anything I want in order to keep you alive” He snapped, “ And it is up to you on how you are going to keep the peace, this world is crumbling apart, with rulers slowing dying, species coming to an end,”

“So, I’m a peacemaker huh?” He flopped onto the couch, “ Can you explain the demon part, you mentioned earlier I was demon as well”

“Are your tears red when you cry?” He asked softly. 

Shock, ran throughout my body. My pillow had red marks on it, yet I didn’t know where they come from.

“Yes”

“Then you are demon, only demons can cry red tears, they are normal, just with a red pigment” 

“Can you tell me....what i could do, not in peace wise, but in abilities?”

“I can, I am not as locked up as your mother” He sat beside me, looking everywhere but not at me, “ You have the power of an archangel, the logic of a demon and you have our senses, Joon Ki knew you could smell him”

“So that what reeked” I wrinkled my nose,” The animals, the wild, everything smells like that”

“You know what your mother is right?” He looked at me,by the look on my face, no, “Your mother is a dark or exiled archangel, making her a demon” 

“So my mother is still an archangel, but a demon in some sort of way and you’re my real farther, yet the one back home knows that” Processing everything down.

“Well, cosidering you are still a cub, come, you have some people who would like to see you” He stood up and waited for me.

“A cub?” He uses those kind of words.

“Yes, you haven’t reached the age of 21 yet, but your actions will speak louder” He tapped the door and it opened wide straight away.

“Minho, is she comin?” A husky voice.

A strong, muscular man, came into view, Joon Ki was standing next to him making him look smaller in size.

“Yes, she is my daughter, I will not lock her up” Minho said firmly.

The man shrugged and waited for me to come out before shutting the door.

“Min, this is Jong Kook” He gestured towards Kook, “He is head guard, a sentinel in rank”

“M’lady” He bowed his head.

“Uh..Hi” I waved, unsure how to act around such men.

He chuckled but then faced Minho.

“We have found a kit on the fringes of our territory” His face serious.

“What have you done?”Minho started to walk, Kook next to him and me falling behind.

“We have brought in due to the colds, it wouldn’t of lasted long” He reported.

“Who brought it in?”

“Nina, sir, she brought it in immediately” 

I tuned out of their conversation, I don’t need to know. So I turned my attention onto the young man next to me, his features were soft, but on his wrist,three jagged lines, scars I think. His hair wasn’t messy, but it did need a brush.

“How old are you?” I couldn’t get a decent age for him.

Joon Ki looked down with those cold eyes, he narrowed them, “I’m 20” 

His eyes were peircing, leaving a shiver down my spine. They weren’t warm in anyway.

I nodded my head and proceded to look around.

Hallways leading up, no windows, nothing. Something I didn’t like.

“It’s okay Min, we won’t stay here for long” Minho said.

I jolted in surprise. How did he know?

Kook unlocked another door and pushed it open, Minho stepped in and I followed. Laughter was everywhere. I could hear it ring down the hallway.

“Joon Ki, take her out to the square, I’m sure she would like to see” Minho smiled but still was firm.

Joon Ki nodded and gestured for me to keep walking.

“You don’t have to come, I can take care of myself” I said, walking a little faster.

“Orders and If you could, you wouldn’t be here”His voice was dead, nothing was echoing his inner emotions.

“I would be here no matter what” I frowned.

“That is true” 

He placed his hand infront of me before opening the large door.

It was a park of somesort, a fountain in the middle.A large, glass roof that stretched on, it was snowing. Looking up in wonder, taking in the veiw, houses lined up on each side of the long pathway. Cubs and one bunny jumped  around in the square.

A woman turned towards me from the fountain, her face lighting up.

“Oh you’re awake!” She exclaimed before making her way. 

Her hair cut short into a pixie cut and she wore bright coloured clothing.

“I’m Nina!” She took my hand and shook.

“I’m Min” I smiled in haste.

“Come, the cubs want to meet their princess!” She took my hand and dragged me down the steps and to the laughter.

“Rome! Maru! Kids! Look whos here!” She shouted.

The cubs ran towards me, they weren’t small, just under my waist.

I picked one up, the same weight of a baby, he purred as I ran my fingers through his fur.

I looked up towards the 30 cubs and one lone puppy sat away. I put the cub down and stepped around the playful cubs. The pup watched as I crouched down in front of him.

“Hello there” I smiled and slowly, went to pat the pups head.

I scratched behind his ears and he closed his eyes in delight.

I turned to Nina, “Is this a kit?” I asked, "the one you found?"

“Yes, he was sniffing and was making a lot of noise, I couldn’t leave him out there so I brought him in” She came and sat beside me. 

“Does he have a name?” 

“Yes, its Zelo” She patted the bunnie's head.

“Is he a changeling?” 

“Yes, he is, we’re waiting for Minho to make judgement however, he stumbled into our lands, he must be judged” She looked sad. 

“Nina, Minho would like to see the pup now” A man appeared next to Nina, a smile so adorable, I couldn’t help but stare.

“Oh okay” Nina stood up, carrying the pup, “Min, this Jong Suk” 

He nodded and left with Nina.

I stood up and Joon Ki, was smiling, playing with the cubs, biting his shoes and he ran away from their snapping teeth. 

“Joon Ki?” I stepped forward, hesitant that he’ll immediatly change.

He kept the bright smile and looked at me, “Yes?”

“Can you take me to father?” I asked, afraid I’ll stop him from smiling.

But he just grinned, “Yeah sure” Then he gestured for me to follow. 

Waving bye to the cubs, he took me into another house, opening the doors for me, then he gestured into another room. I opened the door. A semi circle table, with a young boy sitting in front of a council.

“Min, please sit here” Minho gestured to the seat next to him.

Not knowing what to do, I sat next to him anyway. The boy kept fidderling with his hands.

“This is a judgement on your actions” Minho’s voice boomed in the room.

“You have wandered your way to our lands, tell us why we should believe that” Jong Kook stared at the boy with cold eyes.

“I, I uh was hunting for food with my brothers, we played hide and seek, I ran far so they wouldn’t find me. But they never did, I came out of my hole and it snowed over, so I couldn’t find my way back” His voice shook with fear.

“Then you became lost” A woman said. Her jet black hair was pulled into a tight bun, her eyes cold.

“Do you know the consequences of crossing our lands?!” Another man growled.

He shook his head.

“Death” One word, so powerful.

“NO!” My voice rang throughout the room. All eyes on me. I stared at the poor boy, he was young, he shouldn’t have his life shorten.

“Excuse me? We have laws that need to be-”

“I said no” I stared at the person who spoke. 

“Min, sit do-” 

No!” I walked down the stairs and stood next to the boy.

“How would you feel if YOUR cub got lost in an unknown land and then got killed?” I stood tall, looking into each and every one of them.

The whispered among themselves, Minho, narrowed his eyes towards me.

“He does not need to die, just take him back home! You want peace? well here it is!” I looked directly at Minho.

“Minho, you can’t change the law, it has been set for ov-” The woman with the bun, looked at me with cold eyes.

“Enough, she is right, but who will take the kit home? Cross the territores to return one kit home?” He looked around the room.

“I will” I spoke.

His attention snapped to me.

“I will take him back” I said firmly.

“No, you are my daughter, I cannot allow you to do such th-”

“You want me to keep peace, then let me take him back, no one else will do it, so I will” I growled.

He nodded then turned to Joon Ki, who was leaning on the wall, “ Prepare for a journey, you are escorting Min to the Hunters” 

He stood up, “Prepare yourself pup” 

He then left behind a door. 

Kook came to me straight away.

“M’Lady, Victoria will help you prepare for the journey, you leave tomo-”

“Now, we are going now” I cut him off.

I stared at the pup, he didn’t want to stay here, I could tell.

“But you should wait till tomorrow” He said.

“No, now” I turned to the boy, “Come” 

He stood up and followed.

Joon Ki was at the door, “ Victoria will help you change, he can stay here” 

I narrowed my eyes.

“I won’t hurt him”

I nodded and Victoria popped out of no where.

“Come on!” She pulled me down hallways then into a room.

“Put those on, even the parka, you’ll need it” She pointed towards the clothes on the bed, then left.

She left. I quickly dressed and replaced my shoes with the boots. Dressed for the cold I stepped out, Victoria grabbed my hand and made me run after her and outside.

“When you go through here, you will be outside, in the cold, in the square, its different, good luck Min” She smiled.

I opened the door and cold air, blasted my face.

“Ready?” Joon Ki was with the boy, both rugged up.

“Zelo right?” I smiled despite the cold.

He nodded.

"Ready for the journey?" 

 

 

 

 

 

WADDUP!

Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG WAIT!! Its probably going to be a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGG STORY TOO!!! Thank you for sticking around!! I hope you like this!!