The Locals

Falling again

Hmm....so many things to do...is there?

I walk down the halls, looking up and down. I'm sure Kimi is fine, maybe I can do something else...

Out the window, past the walls, the kingdom is thriving and full of happiness. DING! Oh I can go visit the locals! I nod to myself and start heading out towards the front. The guards bow when I pass them, I nod back and go back to searching for the front door. Recogniseing the hall I first came in I head towards the large doors. I was about to head out the door when the guards stopped me.

"Princess, you must take a guard.."He simply said.

"I'll be fine!" I smiled brightly and just kept going.

"Princess,I insist you take someone with you.."He said.

"I can look after myself" I yelled out. I push the doors open, and step out, breathing in the fresh air, I head down the steps and walk down the long road.

"Open the gates please!" I shout out, they do and I walk straight through.

"Princess! please wait so I can call for a maid to walk with you!" One of the men stood infront of me, he had his hands raised.

"Why!?I'll be fine!" I whined.

He hesitated, then shook his head.

"No, Princess, please take Sunny, she will be you maid!" He motioned, a girl hurried towards us, she looked very happy and cheerful, she had a black fringe that was brushed across her forhead, her pigtails were curled, flopped onto her shoulders. Her maid outfit was very basic, black dress, white apron and a frilly collar. She bowed and looked at the man.

"Please, Princess, we would like to make sure someone is at least with you!" He said desperately.

I frowned,then sighed.

"Fine.."I finally said.

"Thank you Princess.."He breathed out. The girl looked up, her face bright.

"Well lets go.."I said, waving her over. She quickly came to my side. We walked out together. It was very awkward.

"So..your name is Sunny?" I said, while we walked down the long lane.

"Yep! Your name is Min right!?" She said happily.

"Yeah... um....Sunny? Is there anything you wanted to do?!" I ask, glancing at her.

"Oh..Um there is this one guy I want to meet, everytime I come her to get a few supplies, he is always helping and I want to say thank you because by the time we get here, he disappears.."She looked down.

"Oh really?"I smirked, this will be fun.." Where is this guy normally be?" 

"Oh near the markets, oh look! There!" She pointed to a bunch of stalls, lined up, along the street, people were looking and buying things. 

"The Princess!" Someone shouted out, everyone turned and bowed.

I laughed nervously.

"Please, go about your normally.."I said.

A few girls looked like they were gonna faint, some guys were very happy.

I stopped at a stall, it was bright and the jewllery were beautiful.

"Miss, how much is this.."I pick up matching braclets, it was metal and the gravings around them were very pretty.

"Oh thats just 100 beri..."She said..

"Please, the real price, I wish not to be treated differently.."I said kindly.

"Its..."She hesitated.." Its 1,000 beri....."

"Thats fine, here..."I pulled out of my pocket a wallet, inside were the money of this country, pulling out a 1,000 beri note, I handed it to her. She bowed more than once.

"Miss, please take care.."I smiled and kept walking.

"You know, you didn't have to do that" Sunny said quickly, while I looked at these scarfs.

"I know..But I wanted to Sunny, I was raised differently, I don't want to be some, poofy, stuck up princess who gets everything she wants..." I said quietly. 

"Oh ok, you know, you are much better then any of the other princess that came here"She said happily.

"Oh really?"I stopped and looked at her.

"I-I mean, if you meant them, I'm sure they arent what I said.."She looked shocked.

"It's okay Sunny, your cool, lets go find your boyfriend."I shove my hands into my pockets.

"Aiieehh! He isn't my boyfriend!" She whined.

I laughed at her. Everyone was very happy and they wore clothes that weren't what I expected. Normal t shirts nad shorts, some of the woman wore the same old, dresses that back in the middle ages wore. It was surprising. I bumped into a man, he dropped his things and I bent down to help him.

"I'm so sorry sir, please forgive me!" I said hurriedly while picking up the pages and pens.

"It's okay...I'm sorry.."He said, he looked up, he wore glasses, his hair, black and messy, his clothes were a black suit, gloves on his hands.

"No..It's my fault...whats your name?" I said, handing him the last page.

"I-It's CNU...Princess, you should watch out for the dangerous people in this world.."He said smirking, he turned and left.

"Wait..what is that suppose to mean!?" I said confused.

"Princess!"Sunny grabbed my arm," That was CNU! I'm glad he didn't hurt you.."She breathed out.

"What do you mean? who is that?!" I said, pulling my arm out of her grip,"Please don't call me princess Sunny, just Min is fine.." 

"CNU is..."She looked around and came in close, whispering, "The Fire Prince's right hand, CNU is deadly!" 

"The Fire Prince..."I tilted my head slightly, "Whos that?!" 

She gasped, then looked frustrated, "Min, the Fire Prince's naem is Baro.." She said.

I froze, I looked in the direction of the man, leaving, he turned and smirked, pushing his glasses up before disappearing.

"Sunny, lets just find your boyfriend.."I mangaed to say.

"Aiieehh!! HE isnt my boyfriend!!" She grumbled.

"Whatever, is that him? he keeps looking at you?" I point at this man, he was tall and good looking.

"Oh it is.."She said shyly. 

I just rolled my eyes, grabbing her wrist I dragged her to the man.

"Hey, look just ask her out already, she likes you, you like her, just do it" I said bluntly, he looked shocked, I flung Sunny into him and walked away. 

I looked back and she was apoligizing and then he said something, she blushed. Soon they were both laughing. I drift through the stalls, I stared at a plush doll. 

"Excuse me, who is this?" I point at the unusual doll.

"Oh it's Chopper, he is from and anime called One Piece, he is really cute isn't he?" She smiled happily.

He was but there was another cute plush toy.

"Whos that!" I point at it. It was simply adorable!

"It's Totoro, he is adorable isn't he!?" 

"Can I buy him?" I ask.

"Yes, 2,000 beris please!" She picked up the large toy, handed it to me, I handed her the money and then I turned around, Sunny looked said.

"What's wrong Sunny!" I said surprised.

She sniffed, "He....he didn't even like me, he told me he only wanted me for my body.."She started to cry.

"Here, hold this, it will be okay!" I hand her the toy and march straight up to the jerk, walking away.

I grabbed his shoulder and spun him around.

"Hey! Jerk, who do you think you are!!" I shout, he looked surprised.

"What! I didn't do anything!" He raised his hands up.

"Hell yeah you did! you made Sunny upset! No friend of mine is cryin today,except for you!" I punched him in the face, sending him flying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

I took forever i know, hope you like it!