Archangels

Falling again

 

Baro led the horse to the stables as I stood in front of the cottage. When I heard him arrive beside me.

"H-How did you know this place was here?" I asked quietly.

"Um....I can't really tell you that, the person made me promise and I can't break my promises.." He said.

I him, "How!? How did you know this was here?" I growled, pointing at the cottage.

"Uh! I can't say, he said that it would be more use if I took you.." He looked sheepish.

"He?" Then I realised, it was Taeyang, Taeyang told him.

"Taeyang told you...didn't he?" I said softly.

"Uh...Yeah..He did...wait how did you know?" He said confused.

I turned away from him, "Taeyang brought me here before...." I told him before walking into the cottage.

Dumping the shoes at the door, I made a beeline towards the kitchen. Opening the fridge looking for something to eat, then I closed it, glumly.

"Hello!" A voice chirped.

I screamed and backed out of the kitchen.

"WHAT! What is it!?" Baro came, streaming in looking for danger.

"What is that?!" I pointed towards the most interesting creature.

Purple hair with two golden,ram horns on her head. Her skin blue as the sky. On her neck and ankles where black rings. Her wrists and the soles of her feet had purple markings. The markings where the same colour as her bright purple hair. Her eyebrows...purple. Her clothing, black shorts and a grey singlet. She looked young, but in her eyes, she looked older.

Baro sighed, he then stood between me and the strange girl.

“This...” He gestured at her, “Is Kioshi, she is an succubus”

“Kioshi, this is Min” He said softly, pointing to me.

“Hi..Sorry for screaming at you,” I smiled at the little girl.

“It’s okay....I guess you don’t see someone like me all the time...” She smiled.

“Um..How old are you?” I asked curiously.

“I’m more than four thousand years old” She smiled again.

“Kioshi, why don’t you go back home?” Baro said.

“Humph, fine” She huffed and changed into a raven, then flew out the open kitchen window.

After she disappeared from view, Baro sighed again.

“Is she really that old?” I asked.

“Yeah, she is a Succubus, what do you expect” He answered. He opened the oven, using a tea towel, he pulled out a large tray of roast chicken, with potatoes, carrots and garlic crowding the chicken.

“I don’t even know what a succubus is!” I explained.

He placed the tray on the stove and closed the oven.

“A succubus is a creature that can only live through ual touches...such as a kiss” He explained.

I wrinkled my nose, “So she’s like your...”

“WHAT! Argh, NO!!” He sounded disgusted.

“Look I’ll explain while we eat” Baro finally said. 

He placed two plates of food on the table, he then dragged the chair out for me.I sat down and he went on the other side of the table and started to eat.

“Kioshi is one of the four original queens of the demons” He ate a spoonful of potato, “Do you know my mothers’ name?” 

“I was told her name was Madam Red” I said slowly.

“Well, thats her nickname, her real name is Lilith, heard that before?” He chewed.

I tried to bring some memories from school, i heard that name in a book.

“Oh! She was Adam’s first wife but she became a succubus, so your mother is the first woman on earth!?” I said, surprised.

“Yep, but she refused to go back to Adam and the Garden of Eden, after she uh....mated with an archangel” His face flushed bright red, “ You know what archangels are?” 

“Uh...not really, what are they?” I asked between bites.

“An archangel is an angel of high rank, meaning he is at the top” He popped a carrot into his mouth, “In this world, there are Ten archangels and each of those has a place to look after” 

“Hmm....interesting..” I said, i picked up the chicken leg and started to bite into it.

“So, your mother and Kioshi are demon queens?” 

“Yes, there are two others but I prefer to stay away from them, they don’t bring as much promise to the land as Kioshi does” He picked up his chicken leg and started to munch through it.

“What about my mother? What is she? and father? I still have no idea in what they are...” I asked.

“Your mother and father are archangels, didn’t you realise?” He tilted his head to the side.

“No” 

“Your mother and father have been together for over nine hundred years, true love they show” He said.

“Huh...that’s a long time...” I started out the window behind Baro’s head, a doe was bouncing around the trees.

“Yes it is, it wasn’t a shock when they decided to have children” 

“Wait...how come they don’t have wings? Archangels are meant to have large wings” 

“Your mother and father have.....clipped them, the moment the had you, they decided to get rid of them, that came with a big price, they will grow back but it would take another decade for them to fully grow” He sighed.

I placed the bone on the empty plate and wiped my mouth with the napkin.

“What about me?” I asked, “If I’m an Archangel’s offspring, shouldn’t I have wings?’ 

“Oh you will and they will stay, they just have to grow” He stood up and took my plate and his to the kitchen, where he started to wash up. I followed,grabbing a tea towel and started to dry the dishes. 

“If there are Ten archangels, then where are they?” I asked as I placed a clean plate in the cupboard.

“There are five on planet Earth, three in the clouds and two in hell” He placed another plate on the rack.

“What do they do?” 

“They look over their territories, one of the archangels on Earth, Yushin looks over all Asia, Isis in Africa, Raphael’s territory is North America but he is always based in New York, Hodan in Africa and Ahohako in the Pacific”

“What about Europe?” It seemed they looked after continents.

“Europe is looked after your parents, but they have an angel below them to look after Europe” Baro answered. He let out the water in the sink.

“You know alot about my parents then me” I draped the tea towel over the oven handle and walked out.

“I had to, it was what my tutor taught me” He said.

“Can you teach me? I’d like to know more about this stuff” I flopped onto the couch.

“Well, what do you want to know?” He sat beside me.

“My sister told me I was connected to her somehow, that when I left, I was a power source and that when I nearly got killed, she died....is that true?” 

“Hm..you and your sister are connected and she has died once, I know that she came back a reaper too” He frowned a little, “You did have a bond and you were each other’s power source and I’m guessing she didn’t survive as quickly as you did” 

“Oh...okay” I suddenly felt tired from everything.

“I think I’m gonna go sleep” I stood up and walked to my room, closing the door, stripped and crawled into the covers.