Married

The Jerk's Girlfriend

 

What is it that you want to talk about?” Mr Lu asked, while he shuffled some wedding invitations on the table and avoiding Luhan's eyes. Luhan sighed, “I don't want to marry Seohyun.” He said in stern and clear voice but he felt is inside is going to shrink as his father's eyes had locked with his. “I can not accept that.” Mr Lu replied while Luhan smiled softly and looked down.

 

I expect that.” Luhan said, looking bitter and sad on his father's eyes, “Then why are you still here, telling me when you know what is my answer?” Mr Lu asked, raising his eyebrow. “Because, I want you to know that I will never, ever marry Seohyun.” Luhan said, holding up his hand and showing his finger to his dad who looked at the gold ring with white diamonds around it, “You got married?!” Mr Lu shouted, slamming his palms on the table, “When?” he asked, after all his done to make the Lu company's to become famous in Korea has just gone down the drain.

 

I can't tell you that.” Luhan replied, “I can't let you hurt the woman I love.. like how you hurt me.” Luhan whispered, tears welling in his eyes. Mr Lu looked at Luhan in hurt and fear, “I didn't hurt you.” He whispered while Luhan shook his head, “You don't see the bruises?” Luhan asked while Mr Lu made the space between his eyebrows shorter, “Where?” he asked, “You may not see it because I always hide it inside me. You've hurted me, emotionally.” Luhan answered, a tear rolling down his face.

 

I am sorry.” Luhan said after silence had filled up the study room, “I am sorry..” He whispered before turning around to run to the door and found his mother outside with wide eyes and shocked that he had opened the door when she was eavesdropping. “I am sorry, umma.” Luhan whispered before running past Mrs Lu and went to his car outside. He drove away, tears streaming down his face and stopping at the side of the road, “You are always welcome here.” Mr Jung's words repeated in his mind.

 

He smiled, poorly and took out his phone, “Hello?” A croaked voice asked, “I'm sorry if I woken you up..” Luhan answered while the person laughed in return, “It's okay. Were you crying?” The person asked while Luhan chuckled for a short time and looking down to his feet, “How did you know?” Luhan asked, “Because I grew up with you and also you don't call me until you can't solve your own problem.” The person replied, pouting his lips at the end, “I'm sorry..” Luhan whispered.

 

The person laughed, “What's wrong with you? You keep on saying I'm sorry.” Luhan chuckled at himself, feeling embarrassed, “I'm sorry because I took away someone from you.” Luhan answered while the person didn't answer, realizing what Luhan said. “Sehun-ah..” Luhan mumbled, after silence had started to feel uncomfortable to him, “I'm sorry..”

 

Sehun closed his eyes as his tears rolled down on his face, he took a deep breathe and tried to sound cheerly as he shouted on the phone, “CONGRATS! You finally got Mina back, hyung!” Luhan sighed as he found the act of his friend, very fake. “Don't be like that Sehun-ah.” He said while Sehun laughed at the other end, “Why? Shouldn't I be happy?” He asked, a tear dropping down to his lap as he sat at the Pancake Mania where he took a glance to Mr Jung, Mina and Seohyun eating together behind him. He was not very easily to spot as he got his hood up, dyed his hair to brown and he sat at the very lonely area, “Sehun-ah, I'm married to Mina..” Luhan told his friend who dropped his phone and caused Seohyun to look at him.

 

He quickly grabbed his phone which ended the call with Luhan, he sighed as his heart pump inside him quickly, Seohyun bit on her lips and walked to Mr Jung and Mina who was walking out the door and going home. “Appa! My friends are upstairs! Can I go and chat with them for a while?” Seohyun asked while Mr Jung nodded and smile, “Sure.. We'll just go to the supermaket.” Mr Jung said, grabbing Mina and walking outside the door.

 

Mr Jung looked up the sky, seeing it turning dull and grey, he chuckled to himself as he was felt that he was blind too not see it. “Why didn't you tell me you got married?” Mr Jung asked, chuckling as he saw his daughter looked up to him in shocked but quickly laughed. “Why didn't you tell me sooner that Seohyun was my younger sister?” Mina retorted, raising her eyebrows to her father who laughed and stratched his neck, “Well.. touché.” Mr Jung tried to find an excuse but then gave up.