"A forced marriage"

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

She was awfully quiet, he though himself, too quiet. She hardly spoke to him and it seemed as though she didn't even want him touching her. Such a beautiful girl, she was the epitome of perfection. He had fallen in love the first time he was introduced to her by her parents a month earlier. She was down to earth, kind and interesting, she spoke a lot. Very cute girl, and instantly he knew that she was the one he was destined to marry.

 

He held her close to him and whispered in her ear "Did I mention you look beautiful."

 

She slightly nodded and though in her mind "I'm Bae Sue Ji." She just wanted to push him away and wail like a child for him calling her that.

 

"Well I mean it." He didn't know what else to say to her, she made it terribly difficult for him to tell her anything.

 

"Why are you so quiet?" he finally asked as their feet moved along to the music.

 

"I'm not quiet." She denied.

 

He chuckled "You won't speak to me and I can tell you don't like it when I touch you. We're married now, you're going to have to get used to me."

 

"I know." She muttered.

 

"You're just telling me what I want to hear." His heart felt like it had been shattered into tiny pieces. He has always been an old fashioned man. His family had for generations followed tradition in everything they did. He had no problem with the idea of an arranged marriage, in fact he praised it. His parents had been arranged to be married and they had lived a happy life together for almost 30 years. He wanted that for himself and he trusted that his parents would help him choose a fine woman as his wife.

 

As she rested her head on his chest, he wanted to kiss her, so much. He would have to ask for her permission and he had already predicted that her answer would be no.

 

She rested her head on his shoulder and murmured "Can we just…keep dancing…I'm not in the mood for talking right now."

 

He sighed, she had just contradicted herself. "Whatever makes you happy love."

 

She could feel everyone watching them as they danced; they were dancing to her favorite love song. But this time, it only made her very. He smelled very good, she could not help but notice and he was gentle.

 

 

The couple was driven to a 5 star hotel out of town; they were to stay there for a two days before going for their honeymoon. When they reached the hotel room, he opened the door and allowed her to go in first. He didn't know what to expect, the idea of being alone with her suddenly made him nervous.

 

He closed the door behind him. He awkwardly narrowed his gaze to her; she stood in the middle room. She looked at him and him at her. He walked closer to her, and as he did, he say something that forced him to stop in his tracks, there were tears in her eyes. They soon ran down her cheeks and she put no effort into wiping them away.

 

"Why are you crying?" he asked looking down at the carpeted floor.

 

"I'm not….I…" she didn't know what to tell him.

 

"Don't you love me? You've been so cold." He said to her.

 

She swallowed hard, he didn't seriously expect her to answer that "I'm just…" she didn't know to explain it to him.

 

His eyes darkened as he raised them to look at her "Go on, say it, there is nothing you can possibly say that can make me more hurt me than I am already."

 

"Hurt? Why are you hurt?" she said shocked.

 

"Because I get the feeling that you don't want to be married to me."

 

She wiped her tears away, she wanted to speak but the words couldn't come out.

 

He leaned against the wall "It's our wedding night dammit, we are going to be spending the rest of our lives together." He ran his fingers through his hair frustrated "it's alright though. I do love you Suzy and I do want to make you happy." He said taking a few steps closer to her "I don't care if your reasons for marrying me are not the same."

 

She took a deep breath and finally spoke "I didn't want this." She told him "A forced marriage."

 

"Forced?" his eyebrows shot up "No one forced you."

 

"You wouldn't understand." She told him, she lifted her face.

 

She picked up the train of her dress and made her way to the bathroom where she locked the door. He could hear her cry. He didn't know what to do.