Anxiety of a bridegroom

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

"I don't care if you don't want to be here, you're my wife and you are going to get dressed and we are going to have dinner." He said breathing rapidly. He had never shouted at a woman before, he immediately felt the urge to apologies but he managed to hold himself.

 

She jumped out of her chair, she folded her arms over her chest and said "So you expect me to get dressed and pretend to be your wife, to pretend I want to be there." She said in a rude tone.

 

"Yes Suzy Yes! It's the least you can do." He clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes.

 

She took a step back "Umh….alright."

 

"I already agreed to those ground rules you set up the least you can do is follow a few of my rules."

 

She sighed "Fine fine, I get it."

 

"Dinner is in 10 minutes!"

 

"Okay!" she said dramatically marching into their bedroom and slamming the door.

 

He followed her to the bedroom, he opened the door "My clothes are in here too so if…" he lost track of his words when he saw that she was only wearing a bra and the skirt she had on before.

 

Suzy quickly covered her chest with her hand. She looked at him awkwardly her face turning bright red.

 

"Can I have my clothes?" He said hesitantly to her.

 

"Will you get out!" she exclaimed.

 

"After I get my suit." He walked past her; he snuck a quick glance then adopted a carefree disposition. He wanted to appear as though he was not interested in her that way anymore, as though the sight of her body did nothing to him.

 

"What part of get out do you not understand? This ual harassment."

 

He chuckled a little "Sure it is."

 

Suzy frowned as he walked to the wardrobe and grabbed a suit from the hanger. She eyed him attentively. He walked past her, left the room closing the door behind him. "Be outside in ten minutes."

 

Suzy sighed and rolled her eyes then suddenly he entered again. She gasped.

 

"Can you pass me my shoes? They are on the floor next to my suitcase."

 

Suzy quickly looked for them and found them. She walked over to him and shoved them in his hands forgetting that she was exposing herself.

 

He looked at her awkwardly then he gritted and shut the door.

 

"Son of a…" Suzy wanted to scream; the tables had turned. It seemed as though he had the upper hand "wait till he sees me at dinner." She muttered to herself "he'll regret the day he married me."