I'm happy to be like this with you

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

 

They reached the yellow wooden beach house and quickly put their things down before running to the beach. They did everything he set out for them to do. Too much of her surprise they managed to do so much in one day. When the day was over as the sun set, he borrowed her his jumper and she wore it over her bathing suit. He carried her over his back and they playfully giggled at the various moments that day.

 

When they returned to the house, he put her down at the porch and they stared up at the horizon. Suzy could not recall a day as perfect as this.

 

'I'm happy to be here...with you.' she said still staring up ahead.

 

He averted his head to look at her for a moment and he smiled to himself. He wondered about her ex lover suddenly, if he ever got her to smile that way and he hoped in his heart he didn't. Now that he was hers, he was allowed to be selfish and jealous of the possibility of anyone else being in her life.

 

She stood on her toes and pressed her hands on the bar stand.

 

He moved closer to her and took her hand and she abruptly looked at him 'What is it?' she blushed.

 

'You blush so easily.' he commented.

 

'Well...it's not my fault.' she said turning her face aside 'It's your fault.'

 

He leaned into her and kissed her lips. It had been the first time they had really kissed since their first moment the day before. She pressed her body against his and kissed him back.

 

That evening they sat on the beach on a blanket sitting directly under the stars. They were sitting on a blanket as the sound of the crashing waves broke the silence. He sat down hugging her legs and he lay on his back next to her with his hand resting on her back.

 

'I think after I finish my studies I'm going home. After living in the city for three and a half years I don't think I want to actually live there.' she said honestly 'I want to be home.'

 

'What's wrong with the city?' he asked her caressing her back.

 

'It's crowded, loud and everyone is so much into trends...I can't keep up with that life style. I think I like simplicity. I do want to travel...you live in Japan right?'

 

He nodded 'Yes. I bet you're wondering what is going to happen to us.'

 

She nodded 'It did cross my mind.' she averted her body to look at him.

 

'I can move to Korea or you can come with me to Japan, which ever suits you.'

 

'What about what suits you?'

 

He sighed 'I like Japan and Korea respectively, they each have their perks and it doesn't take long for me to settle down, after all I have dual citizenship. But if you don't want to leave your home land I'm okay with that.'

 

'You would move for me?'

 

'Yes.' he said confidently.

 

She smiled at him tucking her hair behind her ear.

 

'So...we have a day to go before our flight back to Korea.' she pointed out.

 

He nodded 'Yeah.'

 

'And we are going to live together.'

 

'If it suits you.'

 

She looked away for a moment 'I've never lived with a man before. It's kind of a big deal.'

 

'Yeah, it is...we can take things slow. ' he said. He didn't want her stressing about the marriage expectations.

 

'I'm fine with it.' she said.

 

He raised an eyebrow.

 

'It is about time this girl stopped playing safe.' she said.

 

He sat up 'Suzy, I...lo...'

 

She placed her index finger on his lips and he kept quiet.

 

'I don't want you to say you love me. Those are not the words I want to hear from you. It’s not that I don't want you to say them, you just have to show me how you feel. More than words make this real for me. So you don't have to tell me you love me.' she smiled 'I already know.'

 

She leaned in and kissed him gently and he put his arms around her and pulled her closer.