How did you find out about me?

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

Seungri had a way of inspiring an unsettling feeling within her. He made her feel nervous in various ways. It was not only how he spoke to her, it was the things that he said and the way each statement was executed—with meaning and a hint of conviction. She could feel her heart thumping loud as he indirectly professed how much he adored her. She felt undeserving of his words and as the gray clouds came in stealing the little piece of sunshine they had been offered the past few days, she raised her head up and looked at him. He kicked the sand, his hands were in the pockets of his khaki pants and the silence between them slowly grew thick and disconcerting.

 

'Seungri... ' she said making a not so well thought out attempt to break through the barrier of uneasiness.

 

He averted his head and looked at her. His eyes were clear and eager.

 

She was not sure where she was taking this or why she felt the urge to say something to him...anything that would take her mind off how nervous she was feeling.

 

"Yes Suzy. ' He said standing motionless; he was waiting for something unexpected to happen. The way she said his name was different from the way she usually said it. There was uncertainty in her tone. This was strange because she had been confident and stubborn since the beginning of the honeymoon. 'A difficult woman' as he once described her.

 

'How did you find out about me? ' the words came, and on time 'I mean...my parents never really talked to me about setting me up for a marriage up until your family came along. You came out of nowhere and things happened very fast. '

 

'I'll explain everything. Let's sit down. '

 

They walked a few steps away from the shore and sat on the golden sand which was still damp from all the rain that had fallen the past few days.

 

'I knew about you long before my parents approached your family for your hand in marriage. ' he confessed.

 

She looked at him perplexed.

 

'Actually you were a waitress at the cafe on campus, at your University. '

 

She was still confused 'How do you know that? Have you been stalking me? '

 

He shook his head 'No.' he chuckled 'It's nothing like that.'