I'm probably much too late to try and apologize for my mistakes

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

 

 

The cars disappeared from the parking lot and as time went by, she found it more difficult to move. The image of the happy look on his face and the gorgeous woman continuously replayed itself in her mind. At this moment, she did know how she got to Lee Corp or how she was going to get back to the hotel she was staying. Tears stung her eyelids as she tried to convince herself to be strong.

 

"Ma'am, are you okay?" a kind familiar voice spoke to her.

 

She kept her head buried for awhile longer. If this was really Seungri, then this was going to be the ultimate humiliation. She looked like a homeless woman.

 

She raised her head up.

 

Her vision was blurry at first because of the tears.

 

She blinked the teardrops away.

 

"Suzy?" Seungri said surprised "Suzy...what are you doing here?"

 

She stared into his face and gradually stood up. She looked at him in awe taking a step back when he moved closer to her. She could not tell from his tone if he was happy or sad to see her; the only emotion she was able to read was surprised.

 

She lifted her hand over her eyes and wiped away the tear stains with her finger tips.

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked her in a stern and almost intimidating tone.

 

"I..." the words got stuck in . She was not sure anymore if a love confession was appropriate. "I brought the annulment papers." she said automatically.

 

His eyes were fixed on her, as if he could see right through her.

 

"You could have just posted them to my attorney. The address was on the letter."

 

Suzy tried to keep her face levelled with his. She looked down for a moment and noticed that he was neither wearing his tie nor his jacket anymore. He had rolled up the sleeves of his shirt.

 

His intense dark brown eyes pierced through hers and he took a step towards her.

 

"You look lovely." he said sarcastically.

 

Suzy did not comment.

 

She had expected him to be a little more inquisitive about her presence than he was being.

 

Suzy thought of the woman he saw her with and she felt inadequate. She was having trouble understanding what Seungri ever saw in her to begin with.

 

"So, explain to me again what you are doing at my office building."

 

"I came to see you." she was finally able to compose a proper sentence.

 

He smiled, almost arrogantly and nodded his head "That part is a little bit obvious." He did not take his eyes off of her for a moment.

 

She raised a shoulder "I wanted to see if you are doing fine and its' confirmed, you are okay." she said in a comedic tone. "You are working at this fancy place and that girlfriend of yours...wow."

 

He looked at her confused.

 

"Girlfriend?"

 

Suzy looked at the ground. "Yeah...or lover. I don't know. You two really get along."

 

He was quiet. He did not deny it. She wanted him to say it was not true, that she had miss-interpreted the nature of their relationship but still, nothing came out of his mouth.

 

He blinked for a moment and then he asked "Where is your boyfriend...the love of your life?" he sounded as though he was mocking her to some extent. "And how does he feel about this little visit you decided to pay me?"

 

She gave him a serious face. She wished he took her more seriously. Love confessions are not supposed to be this humiliating.

 

"We broke up." Suzy said coyly. "I'm going back home tomorrow anyway so...yeah...it was great seeing you again and all the best for the future." Suzy turned away and started to walk.