Something was going to go wrong

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

She left the table and walked outside. "What…what are you doing here?"

"I told you. I'm here to get you. Are you surprised?"

"Yes." she said angrily.

"Calm down. I knew what I was doing; you didn't think I ditched you?" he said calmly in his usual composed tone.

She bit her nails, her fingers were shaking. "I did think you left me behind. I'm married now! do you know what that means."

"Yes…I figured that; you can get a divorce. You can leave the and claim that the marriage was forced. We will sort all that stuff when I see you. Now come downstairs."

"How did you find out where I was?"

He sighed "Suzy, we can discuss this when we meet. It was all part of my plan."

"I'm not there." she said.

"Where are you?"

"I can't tell you." she said.

"You don't seem happy to be hearing from me."

She placed her hand over her forehead "I'm just surprised." tears started to fill her eyes "You broke my heart."

"I know…but once I tell you what happened you will understand why I did it. I'll just wait for you here."

"I have to go." she said cancelling the call. She was distraught to hear Minho say that. He never spoke bad about people unless it was true.

"Suzy, listen to me, whatever you do don't trust that guy. Wait till I tell you how twisted the Lee family is…you won't believe it."

She stood there shocked. She didn't know what to do or if she should tell Seungri. She took a deep breath and tried to blink the tears away. She walked back into the diner and smiled.

"Who was it?" he asked her.

"A friend." she said briskly.

She sat down and he watched her carefully. She seemed somewhat different and a little bit shaken. The look on her face changed and he could tell that she was trying hard to act nonchalant. He was tempted to tell her that it was unnecessary for her to lie to him that he would take it like a man. Instead he held back and said. "You want more pan cakes."

"No." she said trying to laugh like before.

He reached out his fork and ripped off a piece and ate it "These are fantastic."

As he stared at her, laughing it all away and trying to milk the moment for what it was worth, he knew something was going to go wrong and he could already feel his heart slowly starting to break.