Heartbeat slowing down

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

Suzy said nothing.

 

However she was not a difficult woman to read. It had only been ten days since their marriage and he felt like he had known her longer. They were back at the beach house. She preoccupied herself by packing her clothes. He saw right through it, she was trying to avoid the issue that was underlying.

 

Her mood changed drastically within an hour; one minute they were enjoying their honeymoon and each other’s company and then suddenly, after a mysterious phone call she became more quiet and distant. They were intending to stay in bed all day making love but suddenly she said she was not in the mood and blamed the weather for it.

 

After he kissed her she broke the kiss and said "Can we...not do that? I feel a little fatigue." she told him holding her hand over her head.

 

He rose an eyebrow 'Umh, should I get you a glass of water.'

 

'No, that won't be necessary.'

 

He left the matter alone. There was no point in being persistent about intimacy; it killed the whole point of it.

 

He ambled up to their bedroom. She was lying on her back on the double bed. When she saw him, she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

 

He chuckled, just to see if he was going to get a reaction but she did not flinch. He lay next to her, kissed her cheek and moved in closer to place his hand on her bare shoulder.

 

"What's wrong?" he said "I know you are awake and I know something is wrong." he told her moving away from her slowly and laying his head on the pillow. "You're not even sleeping." he said calmly "Tell me, did I do something to upset you...or was it that phone call you took earlier today."

 

"I think we should get an annulment."

 

He looked up at the ceiling. He did not move.