Be still, my racing heart

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

Seungri stood there stunned at what just happened. He tried to be casual about it but failed dismally. As she slowly parted her lips from his, she bit her lower lip in a way that was extremely y then she smiled. He felt his skin tingle and his heart race and then he slowly smiled looking into her eyes and for the first time she looked back into his eyes and kept her gaze.

 

She snuck her hand around his forearm then casually said 'So what are you guys up to?'

 

Orlando and Bora looked at them and smiled at each other.

 

As from that moment Seungri could hardly focus. He would look at her as she acted normal about the whole thing. The kiss they shared on the day of their wedding was nothing like this; it was more like a peck. This was sweet but intimate.

 

He found himself getting along with Bora’s boyfriend Orlando very well. He was quieter and down earth in comparison to his girlfriend.

 

That evening after Bora and Orlando left, they sat in bed watching television; Seungri could not help but think of what had happened. The rest of the day was a bore, they had a couple of meaningless conversations with the other couple and now they were sitting in bed with their dinner right between them, filling up the distance.

 

As the film played, he turned his head to look at her and then he turned away. He could only steal a glance. He had not yet mastered the courage to ask about what had happened earlier that day. She was looking up at the television screen. She seemed completely taken by it.

 

'You…' he started in a low tone and then he said confidently 'You kissed me today.'

 

She slowly turned and looked at him then she stared back at the television screen as though unfazed 'I only did it because Bora said some things that just got to me.' she explained trying to be as casual about it as possible.

 

'What could she have possibly said that would have brought that on?' he said jokingly 'Considering the fact that you want nothing to do with me and are angered by my mere existence.'

 

She sighed 'Can we just not talk about it?' she asked, her cheeks turned a dark shed of crimson.

 

He said nothing and looked away. He took the tray from the table and left the room to go leave it on the counter by the mini-bar. For that moment he was gone, Suzy took a deep breath. She had been thinking about the kiss she shared with him and she was still astonished by how she managed to do that. Her mind kept replaying the kiss, how it felt like. She had survived meaningless kisses in the past but somehow this one was different. She placed her fingers on her lips…he had responded to her towards the end. It was anything but meaningless. She shook her head and tried to alter her thoughts.

 

He re-entered the room to find her eyes still glued on the television screen.

 

He sighed inwardly then took off his t-shirt.

 

This action took Suzy off guard. She stared at him shocked then turned away quickly as though it was so wrong to look. He was medium built and toned.

 

She could not concentrate on the film anymore. Her mind was running wild and she tried harder to compose her thoughts. She took a deep breath then she said 'Its chilly, why are you taking your t-shirt off.'

 

'I spilt some of the soup that was left over on it and I'm too lazy to look through my bags for a clean one.'

 

She nodded in a way that told him that she was hot and bothered.

 

'I'm shirtless…not ' he laughed 'you act like you've never seen a shirtless guy.'

 

Suzy folded her arms over her chest 'I'm not bothered by it. I was just asking.'

 

He got into the sheets 'You are bothered.' he contested.

 

She could not deny it, seeing him like that and picturing him kissing her released certain thoughts of temptation in her mind. A voice in her head yelled 'You just want to jump his bones you ert!' she gasped inwardly and blushed even more. She could not deny her ual attraction to him. After all, he was a good looking man. However, she could not allow him to have the slightest clue that over night she had come to lust for him.

 

Then after that a couple on the television screen started kissing. She reached for the remote control and quickly turned off the television and then she turned off the lamp light and went to sleep.

 

He watched her for a moment then he lay on his back. She was absolutely cute and he was pleased that he received a reaction from her just by taking off his t-shirt.