There's absolutely something wrong

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

She spoke to Bora for awhile more before she rushed back to the hotel room. She quickly walked into the bedroom to find him lying back reading the book he had been reading for days. She climbed up on the bed and sat next to him. His eyes were focused on her.

 

'You're back. You were gone for an hour. I take it that you and Bora are friends again.'

 

She nodded interrupting him by her erratic movement. 'Yes.'

 

He put the book down.

 

'Seungri.' she said softly 'thank you.'

 

He smiled at her 'thanks for what?'

 

'For not being judgemental and for looking after me last night and you were right about the whole thing with Bora. I shouldn't compare myself with other people.'

 

He smirked 'It's not a big deal.' he sat up 'Do you want to go for a walk on the beach?'

 

She nodded hard 'yes.'

 

As they walked outside of the hotel room towards the beach she thought of how stubborn she had been. She had refused to even go outside up to now. He walked ahead of her and she looked up at his back. She studied the way he walked and his disposition. He turned around and looked at her 'You're walking pretty slow.'

 

She blushed and sped up. She didn't understand why she suddenly felt embarrassed.

 

They both looked up at the calm sea as they strolled.

 

'It is beautiful.' Suzy exclaimed.

 

He was impressed by her enthusiasm. It was a sudden change of attitude from her.

 

As they walked across each other she looked at him and said 'You're an alien aren't you?'

 

He laughed 'what would make you say that.'

 

'There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You're every girl's type.'

 

He shook his head and said shyly 'No I'm not.' he paused 'I'm not you're type.'

 

She sighed. 'umh.'

 

'Come on, you made it very clear that you want nothing to do with me. I'm almost sure right now you're just passing the time and waiting for this honeymoon to be over so you can divorce me.'

 

The wind blew in her hair and she paused in her tracks as did he.

 

She said to him softly 'How do you expect me to feel when you spring those three words on me just like that? Did you expect me to immediately say them back when I barely know you? When someone else just broke my heart?'

 

He was quiet for a moment then he said 'I don't know what I was expecting. I guess I didn't think about it. I never considered that the feeling may not be mutual.' he said 'and that was my mistake.'

 

She took a deep breath 'I don't want to upset you but...'

 

'I know.' he cut her off 'You are still in love with someone else.'

 

She was silent.

 

'Geez you’re a difficult woman.' he said as though speaking to himself. He walked over to her and grabbed her shoulders 'But let me be completely honest with you. This guy you claim you love, he doesn't love you. If he did you wouldn't be standing here with me. If I were him I would have never let you marry another guy. I would have fought for you no matter what.'

 

She looked into his eyes. 'You would have done that for me?'

 

He nodded 'Without a second thought.' he released her and held her hand. He pulled her and started walking 'Hei! Slowly down.'

 

'I want to show you something.'

 

He walked towards the ocean and the waves splashed over their feet. He bent down and picked up a shell from the ground. He took her other hand and placed it in her palm.

 

'It's a blue shell.' she said bluntly.

 

'Do you know the significance of a shell?'

 

He held her hand 'They are a symbol of love. Because of its hard casting, the shell is a protective image- protecting life and it symbolises the protective quality love sometimes takes.'

 

She smiled a little 'You're persistent.' she blushed and she thought. 'He's romantic'

 

'It's not much and you don't have to keep it and...' he stuttered.

 

'I'll keep it.' she folded her fingers over it.

 

She looked at Seungri in that moment. Was it possible that all the charm was finally taking its toll on her? She blushed hard and for the first time she wasn't feeling the sadness in her heart that was making her insane. Instead she felt happy to be there, standing there ......... with him.