Unsettling feeling

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy’s mouth was wide open. She could not believe it but it made sense. She remembered how the waitresses often about him and tried to encourage her to find him. She could not do anything; she did not know his name. Throughout the time she worked there, a part of her always hoped that he would walk in.

 

He was quiet after that and so was she as she was still trying to digest his story. Suddenly raindrops started to pour. They both stood up.

 

'I think it’s going to rain again' she said to him.

 

The raindrops started to fall hard. The couple ran back to the hotel room. By the time they got there they were completely soaked. They both rushed to the bathroom and took out some towels. Suzy shivered wrapping the towel around her body and he threw the towel over his face.

 

She was so cold she was shivering and her teeth gnashed against each other. He walked up to her and held both of her hands in his and blew on them. For a moment she felt like a little girl. Her cheeks turned red as he blew on them as though it was nothing. was slightly open and there it was again. That nervous unsettling feeling he invoked in her.

 

He stopped when he saw the look on her face. Beads of sweat came up to his face and he said 'Sorry.' He released her hand 'I should have asked.'

 

She shook her head and placed her hands on the side. All of this time she had taken Seungri’s feeling as a joke. Sometimes she would think about them and simply laugh at how ridiculous she had thought he was but now it was different. She looked down at the tiles on the bathroom floor and she knew that he had won her over. She tried her best to find a rash reasonable explanation but her mind and heart wouldn't let her.

 

'You really do love me? ' she asked him looking down.

 

He said nothing. He took another towel and threw it on her head 'You don't want to get sick.'

 

She looked into his eyes and flushed coyly.

 

'I don't want to ever hurt again... ' she confessed not sure what she was saying but tears came to her eyes.

 

He forced her into his arms and muttered 'I'll look after you.'

 

She buried her head in his chest and felt like she was home and more tears came to her eyes. She closed her eyes and simply allowed herself to be loved.

 

He released her. She didn't want him to.

 

He looked up at her, he was everything she wanted and needed. He said all the right things at the right time. Maybe subconsciously she wanted him to put her back together and yet she had been waiting for him to push her away.

 

He caressed her temples with his fingers; he handled her as though she was glass.

 

She was motionless.

 

He moved his face into hers and gently touched her lips with his. She kept her eyes open for a moment. When she started to close them, she took a step back and pushed him away with her hands.

 

'Don't' she told him.

 

He stood there feeling ashamed and puzzled. He was certain in his mind that it had been the perfect time to execute a kiss.

 

'I can't do this.' Suzy was afraid of what she was feeling at that moment. How could her feelings be so fickle? Did this mean that her feelings for Minho were not real and how was she to know that the feelings she feeling for Seungri were genuine, that they were not there temporary, they came on so quickly and she was not sure if she could trust them.

 

'I'm not going to apologise for kissing you...if that's what you are expecting. ' he said to her.

 

She walked past him and marched quickly to the door. He watched her scrutinising her with his brown eyes. She opened the door and left the room. He did not move; he knew it was pointless to run after her. She needed time to think this through.

 

Suzy walked around the lobby confused. Her clothes were still drenched and bangs of her hair clung to her smooth face. She sat on the couch and pondered carefully what her next move should be. If she wanted to she could leave, go back home and get an annulment. She could try to find Minho and confront him about what he did and then, perhaps she would get closure and find the courage to move on. Or......

 

 

............ she could always go back into the room and do what her heart was pleading her to do.