Encounter of a long time friend

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me, sorry." A woman said to her "Suzy?"

 

Suzy nodded her head "Yes." She was surprised.

 

"It's me Bora. We were in junior high together."

 

Suzy slowly smiled recognizing the face, it was certainly her except in middle school she had long raven hair, now she sported a bob cut that somehow didn't make sense on her.

 

Suzy stood up "Bora!" she said hugging her "I remember."

 

"Oh my Suzy, you haven't changed, same hair style and same everything." Bora laughed.

 

Suzy looked down at what she was wearing, 'oh no!' she thought to herself. Bora and her were good friends but at the same time rivals in middle school. They did everything together and were always competitive though they were not so obvious to each other about it. No one once to meet a past rival looking as hideous as she felt she did.

 

"You look different, your hair." Suzy pointed out "It was so long and…" she paused "But your new hairstyle is good too."

 

"I cut it off for this brain cancer organization I regularly raise funds for. They are going to make a wig out of my hair and give it to some little girl suffering from cancer."

 

"Oh." Suzy said blankly "that's really nice."

 

"What are you doing here anyway?"

 

"Umh…" Suzy looked up and saw Seungri coming their direction, "I'm on my honeymoon with my husband…here he comes." She averted her body to look at him.

 

Bora looked at Seungri then looked at Suzy "He's your husband. He's gorgeous."

 

Suzy smiled from ear to ear "Well yeah." She giggled.

 

"Seungri, this is Bora. We were friends in middle school and this is Lee SeungHyun. My husband."

 

"Pleasure to meet you." Seungri reached out his hand to greet her and she shook it replying "nice meeting you too."

 

"So what are you doing here?" Suzy asked.

 

"I'm also here on holiday, with my boyfriend. He's up in the hotel room though, he got food poisoning and he's been sick all day. Personally I think he is just being a bit of a brat but you know how babylike men get when they're sick."

 

"So you're eating alone?" Seungri asked.

 

"I was about to have dinner with a German couple that lives opposite us but I can join you if you don't mind and I have a feeling those two want to be alone."

 

"Sure." Suzy and Seungri said at the same time.

 

"So what do you get up these days Suzy?" Bora asked.

 

"I graduated last month from college."

 

"What was your major?" Bora was smiling.

 

"Psychology." She said, she was not too enthusiastic about it and she found it difficult to pretend to be.

 

"Oh, I always thought you'd end up a doctor, you were one of the smartest girls in class."

 

Suzy raised her shoulders "You know psychology is interesting too. What about you?"

 

"I'm still in medical school and I am loving every minute of it. Last year we went to Africa and we worked at a hospital. You should have seen those kids it broke my heart. We also went to Mexico and in my freshman year we went to London where I met Orlando. Orlando is an architect, we've been together for 3 years." She paused "I'm talking too much, tell me about you."

 

"Well." She looked at Seungri. "Uh..Seungri and I…"

 

"We officially met a year ago, we never really dated. We just got married."

 

Bora looked at them shocked "But…good for you." She sounded doubtful.

 

Seungri took Suzy’s hand and kissed it "I love her so much. Sometimes you just know and you don't need time to justify your feelings."

 

Suzy’s face was bright red and she swallowed hard.