I knew he were trouble

Confessions of A Bride

 

 
 
 
"I know yesterday I told you I was fine if we stayed married but now that I think of it, we don't really know each other."

 
He remained quiet.
 
 
She sat up and looked at him "Do you even know what my favourite colour is? My favourite movie?"
 
 
"We can always learn that stuff as we...you know...go with it."
 
 
She heaved a sigh "I like you Seungri, I might even..." she turned her head away "It's too soon."
 
 
"This all has to do with that phone call?" he said not looking at her.
 
 
Tears came to the jars of her eyes and she did not understand why she was getting emotional.
 
 
She nodded "It was my...my previous boyfriend."
 
 
Seungri looked at her, raised an eyebrow and said "And?"
 
 
"He is here to take me back."
 
 
Seungri clenched his jaw. There was a moment of silence as tears spilled down Suzy’s face unto her cheeks. She wanted to stop crying. She wiped away the tears on her cheeks.
 
 
He looked at her and sat up until his head was levelled with hers "It’s not a difficult choice to make...why are you crying?" he kept a steady tone.
 
 
She sniffled "It's not that easy."
 
 
"It is." he said slowly turning away from her once more "I actually shouldn't be telling you what to do. You should know better. He broke your heart. He abandoned you Suzy." he raised his tone mid sentence.
 
 
"He said he didn't betray me, he knew what he was doing." she said calmly.
 
 
"That's bull. Enlighten me...why did he leave you?" Seungri raised his voice a little.
 
 
Suzy raised her head to look at him.
 
 
"Tell me." he demanded.
 
 
"He said that your family paid him to stay away from me."
 
 
Seungri stood up and looked at Suzy calmly "You don't really believe that do you?"
 
 
She raised her shoulders and mumbled "I don't know...I mean I don't know you that well."
 
 
"I've been nothing but honest with you from the start."
 
 
"You don't get it, Minho isn't just some guy. I was with him for three years. You and I both know I wouldn't even be here is your family was not powerful. I would have been with him."
 
 
"I can't believe that after everything we've been through you would say something like that." his features softened and she could see his pain. She got off the bed and tried to pull him into her arms for a hug but he pushed her away.
 
 
Tears filled her eyes "I'm sorry."
 
 
"It doesn't matter now!" he said angrily with sad eyes.
 
 
"If you want to be with this guy just say it. Don't point the finger at my family. The choice is up to you."
 
 
"I'm a realist Seungri! I don't believe that it can work!"
 
 
Seungri looked at her meaningfully and then he turned his back and walked away. Suzy ran after him "We can just be friends."
 
 
"You're unfair, I've never wanted to be you're friend." he walked quickly downstairs and she followed him.
 
 
"When this guy throws you away...I'm not going to take you in." he said "I'm not you're rebound and I should have just left you alone from the beginning. If one thing is clear, all the effort was not worth it and everything I thought you felt about me was not real. I know I'm asking too much by asking you to love me but if you knew it was not possible between us then you should not have kissed me or nonetheless slept with me."
 
 
Suzy was confused. She was not sure if she should be listening to her heart or her mind. At this moment she had done her worst.
 
 
He stopped in his tracks and she stopped behind him. He turned around and said "I'm not going to try with you anymore. You are going to be free."
 
 
She said nothing and he his hands in his pocket and took out a wallet.
 
 
"Here is some cash." he said taking her hand and forcing the money into her hands. "This should be enough for you to catch a plane to the main Island and then to the airport."
 
 
"Where are you going?"
 
 
"I'm going to pack my things and pretend this never happened." he told her walking away "I lost."
 
 
She bit back on more tears and ran her hands over her eyes "How can I explain this to you without making it look like I'm giving up on us."
 
 
"You are giving up on us, you can't have the both of us." he said. "You don't trust your feelings for me and I know that once you see this guy, you won't ever be coming back to me."
 
 
She stood there frozen, uncertain of what to say. He walked past her. After a few minutes he came out of the bedroom with his suitcase.
 
 
"I'll file you the annulment papers."
 
 
Suzy nodded tear eyed.
 
 
He turned around and took one last look at this tragic woman standing before him. He had never seen her so distraught and yet he had never felt the pain he felt at that moment. His heart was beating and he could feel it breaking into tiny pieces. He turned away and as he started walking she raised her voice and said "Wait!"
 
 
He stopped in his tracks.
 
 
"Where are you going?"
 
 
"Japan."
 
 
There was silence between them and then he said. "Did you for a moment feel like you really loved me?"
 
 
Every part of her was screaming "yes" but when she opened to speak, nothing came out. She blinked for a moment and then he was gone.