Hate that I love You

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri’s mother closed the door and followed him "What do you mean?"

 

"Did you and father pay her previous boyfriend money to stay away from her?" he looked at her meaningfully.

 

From the look on her face, he knew the allegations were true.

 

"So you knew all along that she had a boyfriend."

 

Seungri’s mother took his hand "I'll make you some tea; you look depressed."

 

"No mother!" he exclaimed "This is all you and father's fault. You made me marry someone who was in love with someone else."

 

"Listen, your father and I know how much you love her. It was in your best interest. It had been so long since I saw you as happy as you were the day you found out you were engaged to her and frankly, we thought she was the perfect girl for you."

 

"That's not the point." he said. He walked into the living room and sat down. She stood next to him. He buried his head in his hands.

 

"You're father and I can go talk to her." she suggested "tell her she is better off with you."

 

"No...I don't want you intervening in my relationships anymore."

 

She sat next to him "Well, you'll meet someone else who will..."

 

"I'm not interested in marriage anymore." he interrupted her.

 

"But Seungri, you can't think that way. Its one girl, your heart will heal and..."

 

He removed his hands from his face and said "I want to focus on my career." he stood up "Well done. I would have been better off not marrying her in the first place, at least it would have been easier for me to accept there was another man, but then I got to spend time with her and you know what I learnt..." he tucked his hands in the pocket of his trousers "I really love her, I wasn't over my head. She was not what I expected but the person she turned out to be was better than the person I imagined her to be. You should have seen us mother, we were so happy." There was a glass of tears over his eyes.

 

"I can see you are hurting."

 

"I don't want to hear anything about marriage and Suzy. I wish none of it happened; that way it would not hurt so much. "

 

He left the room.

 

He ambled upstairs to his room. He sat on the bed and then lay on his back. He muttered "Suzy...you could be happy right now...I'll never know." he closed his eyes and he imagined her in another man’s arms. When he closed his eyes, it was like a dark paradise, there was no Suzy...except in his mind.

 

“Even though the words you did not say have not left me, I want more than anything than to be with you. But I have to face the truth, it’s over...I'm not even if it was there to begin with. "

 

He fell asleep on the bed and the next time his eyes were open, his father was standing in front of him. He was staring at him with pitiful eyes. He did not know the meaning of heartbreak, he married his first love. He would not be able to understand what Seungri was going through.

 

"We will get the marriage annulled son." he placed a strong arm on his shoulder "Tomorrow you start work at Lee Corp, I think that will keep your mind preoccupied for now. It will just be induction training and you can attend the board meeting. One day, you will be running the company."

 

Seungri sat up "Alright."