sudden change of heart

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

Seungri stood still in the middle of the lounge of the hotel staring up the television screen. He had come downstairs to talk to the hotel manager regarding the possibility of booking a hotel room with two bed-rooms or at least a sleeper couch. His request had been unsuccessful. His back had been soar all day after spending the past two days sleeping on the couch.

 

On the television screen a reporter was talking about the storm that that had hit the Island a few hours earlier. Apparently it was a hurricane and the weather was not going to change in the next five days. He folded his hands over his chest and concentrated hard on the screen. For him this meant that he was going to be stuck in the hotel room with his unenthusiastic bride.

 

He went back up to the room and casually opened the door. She was sitting on the couch staring at the television with the remote control in her hands. She was wearing a long t-shirt and slippers. In his mind, he wished she had been in his bed instead of on the couch and in y lingerie instead of some oversized t-shirt. He sighed and thought of how unfortunate he had been. He married a woman who did not want anything to do with him. She practically avoided any physical contact with him like a plague.

 

'There is going to be a hurricane.' she said now taking a bite out of a slice of cheese roll.

 

He sat next to her 'I know, it's already started.'

 

He lay back and watched her chew her food dramatically. He was somewhat taken aback by her reaction. He thought she would be walking across the room stomping her feet and complaining that he would be in her presence all week.

 

'That .' she said as though unmoved.

 

He sat up 'We won't be allowed outside.'

 

She nodded slowly as she swallowed the food.

 

She stood up and said to him 'I'm going to sleep, it's really late.'

 

He gave her an approving smirk. She walked past him then stopped in her tracks. She averted her gaze to look at him and said 'Did you manage to convince them that we need another room.'

 

He turned his head a little to look at her 'Yes, the hotel is fully booked.'

 

'Oh.' she said softly.

 

He sighed at the thought of having to sleep on that uncomfortable leather couch. It even squeaked when he moved. He grabbed the blankets that were on the side. He lazily took off his trousers and ed his shirt.

 

In the bedroom Suzy jumped unto the kings sized bed. She thought about how huge the bed was. She sat in the middle under the sheets and looked around the enormous room. She wasn't even paying for any of it, she did not deserve it, she thought.

 

She saw the lights go dim in the other room from the tiny space under her door. An uncomfortable feeling was yanking at her heart. She jumped out of bed and walked to the door. She leaned against it uncertain if she should open it.

 

Slowly she did. She could already hear him tossing and turning. She watched him from the space in the door that was now slightly ajar.

 

He raised his head up and thus caught her staring.

 

'What's wrong?' he asked her.

 

She gasped inwardly and then she the living room light 'I feel bad that you have to sleep on the couch for another night.'

 

'It's nothing' he said modestly.

 

She shook her head 'No, it’s not.' she looked at the floor for a moment then said 'You can sleep on the king sized bed too.'

 

His eyebrows shot up and he gave her an inquisitive glare. He was surprised at this sudden change of heart. Of course it did not entail that she wanted to be romantically involved with him but it was still sudden.