great indoor

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

No one has ever made her breakfast before, not even her ex fiancé Minho. It had been some time since she had thought of Minho in ways that made her feel sad. She was so busy being upset about being married to Seungri that she forgot about the events of the previous week that brought tears to her eyes. She had never loved anyone the way she loved him and he ended their 3 year relationship because he found out that her parents had set her up to marry another man. Suzy’s features softened and she wanted to cry. She still could not believe it was over and it felt like she would never get over it.

 

Seungri flipped the pancakes like a pro with the frying pan but she was too caught up in other thoughts to acknowledge or appreciate it.

 

'Are you okay.' he asked her noticing that her eyes were getting cloudier.

 

She pulled herself back to reality and shook her head 'Umh...yes.'

 

He looked at the pancakes and was slightly disappointed. He looked at her once more then said 'Something is clearly wrong. I don't know what it is but I really wish you would lighten up.'

 

She shook her head then smiled 'I'm fine and by the way, you are a great chef. Where did you learn to cook like that?'

 

He raised an eyebrow and smirked at her 'You haven't even tasted it. I taught myself.'

 

She raised one of her shoulders 'I can tell it’s good.'

 

'Here have a taste.' he said handing her the plate of the already made pancakes.

 

She pulled out a piece and ate it. 'Yumm..' she said reaching out for another piece. She her fingers. 'I've realised that I don't know all that much about you. What other hidden talents do you possess?'

 

This was it, his opportunity to sell himself 'Well, I play polo, tennis and I am a great swimmer...I guess. I can speak 5 different languages and can play four instruments.'

 

She looked at him shocked; now this didn't make sense at all. He was the perfect gentleman, handsome with a number of impressive traits. Why in the world would a guy like that want to marry a middle class woman such as herself? A feeling of suspicion started to overcome her. He could have any woman in the world but there she was.

 

'I can role my tongue into a flower and I can speak a little bit of baby talk.'

 

He chuckled 'Baby talk?'

 

She nodded 'You know...ga ga goo goo. I learnt it from babysitting my baby cousins and niece.'

 

He laughed now 'You're funny.' he said 'You have a pretty huge family don't you.'

 

She nodded 'You noticed at the wedding right? My fathers 2 siblings had 7 kids each and my mother has 4 brothers all of which have kids of their own. My brother has daughter too.'

 

'I am an only child.' he said to her. 'I have one cousin.'

 

She was surprised 'then who were all of those people at the wedding?'

 

'Family friends.'

 

When she thought about it carefully, he did not introduce her to any of his relatives.

 

Suzy swung her feet and thought; this means he is the heir to the entire family fortune. No wonder her parents pushed her to marry him. She was certain that they already knew this. She thought it to be ridiculous how conceited her family was. She was certain that even her extended family was in on it. No wonder they refused to hear a word of her disapproval.

 

'Why did you choose someone who is not even that special?'

 

'Well, I didn't want to marry a stuck up rich girl and you are special.'

 

She was speechless.

 

He finished preparing breakfast. They ate in the kitchen and managed to converse for an hour. He told her of his upbringing and the reason why he was so adamant about being in an arranged marriage.

 

'My grandfather, my father and mother were all in arranged marriages. They all had successful marriages.'

 

She took a bite of the bacon 'Have you ever considered that perhaps...the woman you choose to marry may not be in love with you.'

 

He shook his head 'No, I didn't see this coming.'

 

'I just don't believe in love and things like that?' she laughed a little 'Love at first sight and eternity.'

 

He gave her a disapproving look.

 

'And why not?'

 

She shrugged 'Well, how do you trust your feelings when they can change at any moment. How do you make a promise to love someone forever when it is not certain that you will feel that way forever.'

 

He shook his head. He could not believe what he was hearing. He had married someone who did not believe in the very existence of true love.

 

She finished her food and he finished his and they walked back upstairs.