I just hope it’s not too late

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

"Come on, you've got to let me through." Suzy pleaded with wide eyes as she stood in the reception area.

 

The hair she took hours to brush was now in shambles and frizzy from the rain that caught up with her. The cute white button up dress she had specifically picked for this occasion was soak and wet and she was well aware that everyone could see her white lace bra right through it. She was standing bare foot carrying her high heels in her hands. She had walked for two hours and she could not stand the pain in her feet any longer.

 

The receptionist rolled her eyes "You have no appointment; no one is expecting you and you look like a crazy person. I'm not letting you in." The receptionist was a young lady, who appeared to be in her early twenties with long wavy brown hair.

 

Suzy heaved a frustrated sigh "It took me hours to get here and I left my umbrella behind."

 

The receptionist gave her a scornful smirk "So what would be the purpose of your visit?"

 

"I'm here to see Mr. Lee SeungHyun" she said.

 

The receptionist laughed. She was malicious and Suzy could tell that she was enjoying this. Suzy leaned into the table "Please."

 

"You could be a stalker. Mr. Lee is kind of a big deal, you do know that right? He is the heir of this company; if you think I'm going to let some insane stalker in this building you've got it all wrong missy."

 

"I'm not a stalker." Suzy said defensively "I'm...his wife. I came all the way from Korea; I arrived in Tokyo yesterday evening, slept for three hours, woke up at six, got lost in this huge city and how I'm here."

 

The receptionist placed her hand on her stomach and cackled. She laughed for a longer time than was necessary. A tear came to the corner of her eye and after more than a minute, she had to catch her breath.

 

"You're not his wife!" she said still laughing.

 

Suzy pouted "I am. We got married July this year."

 

The receptionist composed herself "Sure, if you're his wife then I am his mistress and I say get lost."

 

"I've got the documents to prove it." Suzy said confidently.

 

"Let me see them."

 

"They are not exactly with me." Suzy looked down playing with her fingers.

 

The receptionist shook her head "I feel sorry for girls like you."

 

Suzy gave her a look of resentment.

 

"You know; if you are that desperate, you can always wait for him here."

 

"When does he come out?"

 

The receptionist took out a nail file "Five o'clock." she began filing her nails and humming a song.

 

Suzy looked at her wrist watch "But that's 7 hours from now."

 

The receptionist raised her shoulder "Not my problem."

 

Suzy took a step back. She could feel a piercing sting in her heart; perhaps this was karma's way of saying 'what goes around comes around .'

 

"Seven hours." she muttered residing to the seat in the waiting area. "I can do seven hours. I have to stand my ground."

 

 

 


seriously, i really need my sleeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp