Give Your Heart a break

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

 

Hara strolled through the hallways of the office when she saw a familiar face. She had not seen him for years. She waved her hand and screamed across the office "Lee SeungHyun! Seungri!" she said running.

 

Hara was a tall slender woman with long black hair and golden cat like eyes. Her beauty however was always overshadowed by her vibrant and loud personality.

 

The moment he saw her, his eyebrow rose and she flung her arms around his neck and forced herself into his arms. As she hugged him and talked about how long it had been since they had seen each other, he rolled his eyes and tried to push her away. She was suffocating him.

 

While she released him he gave her a polite smile "Hara, how are you?"

 

She took a deep breath "I'm fine." She grabbed his hand "Let's go talk in the break room." She was completely ignorant of the fact that he was talking to someone else. She pulled him away and started talking like she was racing against time "You are working here now right? It had to happen, I always looked forward to the day I see you again. It's nice you are finally taking interest in your family's establishment. You look nice, what brand is that? Mark Jacobs? Versace?" she spoke so fast he could not get a word in.

 

They entered the break room and she practically pushed him in and closed the door.

 

"So, are the rumours true?"

 

"Umh...wow, you're still the same aren't you?"

 

She croaked her head and grinned "Come on, I'm a little bit more mature."

 

He grinned at her "Sure you are." he said sarcastically "you are still as talkative and you still love gossip."

 

She cleared "I can understand why you would worry about talking to me about your personal life. I am happily engaged now and I'm not going to sell your story to the press if that's what you are worried about. But you do realise that eventually it will be front page news of every gossip magazine in Japan."

 

He shook his head "I'm not telling you anything."

 

She sighed and went over to the kitchen to make coffee "I heard you got married."

 

Seungri walked over to counter.

 

"I also heard you were dumped." she said contentedly.

 

He turned his face away from her "Who tells you these things?"

 

"A source." she handed him a cup of coffee and he casually accepted.

 

"This is the happiest day ever."

 

He took a sip of the strong dark coffee "It's good to hear that you are finding all this amusing."

 

"You know, I've looked forward to the day when you know how it feels like to love someone and have your heart broken after what you did to me 7 years ago. By now I would have had my own little Seungri and perhaps I would have been pregnant with another one."

 

"Please don't put such disturbing mental images in my head." he said dryly. "I can't believe you are not over it."

 

"How can I get over it? Have you met you?"

 

He chuckled "You've always been a little obsessed with me."

 

She playfully punched him on the shoulder "I was not obsessed, I was in love. I heard you were obsessed with that woman you married."

 

His face became serious and he said "I don't want to talk about it. I know you live for moments like these."

 

She mused a saucy chuckled "On the bright side, you lasted longer than Kim Kardashian and what's his name."

 

He was despondent and quiet.

 

She was silent for a moment and then she said softly.

 

"Don't you ever miss us?"

 

Seungri nearly choked on his coffee "We dated for a week." he raised an eyebrow and murmured "You're insane." He might have teased Hara confidently but deep down, he was starting to understand how she might have felt. It was not crazy to not want to let go of someone.

 

She raised a shoulder and said softly "Yeah we dated but even more importantly, we have been friends since we were kids. Sure I've been chasing you since I was a little girl and you have been pushing me away for as long as I can remember but despite that, those are some of my best memories."

 

He nodded agreeably.

 

"I'm glad you are working here." she said. "Now, stop being so grumpy"

 

He kept drinking his coffee. For once, he felt like he didn't really mind tuning in Hara’s rumblings.

 

"This girl you married must really be full of herself. I saw a picture of her and she is not all that attractive" she paused "But I supposed if you're into muscular looking women then you would find her desirable."

 

"Hara, stop being such a jealous ."

 

She laughed "I'm not being jealous. I'm engaged remember and I'm trying to cheer you up."