Reasons for sorry

Confessions of A Bride

 

 

 

She gasped and he closed the door. She heaved a sigh and she slowly turned around to find herself facing Bora’s door. She took short steps towards it and knocked on the door.

 

Bora quickly opened the door.

 

'Hi.' Suzy said looking at the floor.

 

'Oh....' Bora said in a calm tone.

 

Suzy put her hands behind her back 'I came to apologise.'

 

'Did your husband put you up to this.' she asked suspiciously.

 

'Well...' Suzy started 'He did but I know I owe you an apology. I do feel bad about what I said to you last night.'

 

Bora raised an eyebrow 'Did you mean it. Is that how you really see me?...a .'

 

Suzy nodded a little. She was having trouble being dishonest. 'Not a so much...more like a rival.'

 

Bora sighed 'Come in Suzy, I have to pack so if you have anything to tell me you can say it while I get ready.'

 

Suzy got in and closed the door. She followed Bora to the bedroom. There was a suitcase spread open in the middle of the bed.

 

'Are you going home?'

 

Bora nodded 'My lectures start in two days. I have to go home then back to University the very next day. Orlando’s flight left earlier this morning. He is off to London.'

 

Suzy leaned against the wall as Bora packed 'I am sorry you know.'

 

Bora took out neatly folded clothes from the chest drawer and proceeded to packing 'I never meant to bring you down with the things I said last night or any other occasion. I've always looked up to you Suzy, ever since we were young. Everyone adored you. You were everything I wish I could be and when I transferred to elementary school you were the first person to be nice to me. Even if you didn't see me the same way...you were my best friend.'

 

Suzy was surprised at the revelation.

 

'When my father passed away, I could not cope with school life but you Suzy, you were always inspired me. I don't know how to explain it. I know in high school we got into a bit of a rivalry but I never stopped considering you a friend. I wanted to be just like you. I thought it would be nice if we both got into medicine and went to the same University. I remember how sad you were when you didn't get into the school of medicine. You didn't talk to anyone, especially me and I'm sorry if you always felt like I took away your dream. I didn't mean for things to turn out the way they did.'

 

Suzy folded her hands over her chest 'then why did you keep embarrassing me and telling Seungri things about me that I don't like.'

 

'Suzy, there is nothing embarrassing about not having a boyfriend in high school, you always said you were saving yourself for someone special and you found him. He's your husband anyway; he's going to find out everything anyway. I know I may come off cheeky sometimes but I have good intentions.'

 

Suzy said nothing. She felt so guilty. She looked down at the floor once more to hide her shame.

 

Bora paused and looked at her 'I'm still jealous of you. That guy in that room loves you so much. He would do anything for you. He was so worried about you when you passed out last night. Maybe things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to but everything does happen for a reason. Even though you don't save dying children, does not mean your life doesn't have a purpose. Nothing gives life more of a meaning than loving someone the way you two love each other.'

 

Suzy raised her head up and looked at Bora. Tears were in her eyes and she said 'You have Orlando.'

 

'Suzy, Orlando and I have been fighting all holiday. This trip was my idea, I wanted us to spend more time together but it turned out to be a complete nightmare. He stays in London and I stay in Korea and he wants me to move but I have to finish my studies and he doesn't want to move to Korea. Sometimes I'm not too sure if I really love him.' she stopped and shook her head 'I don't know why I'm even telling you this.' she sat on the bed.

 

Suzy walked to her and sat next to her.

 

Bora looked at Suzy 'How did you know when you were in love with Seungri?'

 

Suzy inhaled deeply and thought of Seungris’ face 'How did I know...' she muttered. She smiled to herself. The more she thought about the question the more she questioned herself on how she felt about Seungri now. It had been six days now and in only four days the honeymoon would be over.

 

Her heart beat was loud and she held her hand to her chest uncertain of what was going on deep inside of her.

 

'I just did.' she simply replied. 'I just knew.'