Ep 44 Bye, father…

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEU2Br8mNJc (background music that moved your heart)

 

After five month of battling hard, he finally left us.

A simple funeral was held in a church with the attendance of hundreds of people, consisting of Lee family, Minhyuk, Minhee, friends and relatives who came to express their grief.

Most of the guests turned up in black attire and paid their respects to the family. While those who were unable to attend the funeral, flowers and greetings were sent to the Jang’s family.

 

Sitting to the side of the casket, Chaewon and Jieun were spotted with their swollen and puffed eyes. They were looking pale and tired as they hadn’t been eating properly nor sleeping well. Wearing black mourning traditional clothes with a white ribbon tied on their hair, they busied themselves with the guests who paid their respect to their family and consoled them with a hug and exchanged words of comfort and supports.

Most of the time, there was a blank expression on Chaewon’s face. She was looking so ill that everyone was worried about her. Minhyuk came over to her place to replace her while Shinwoo and Howon brought her into the rest room.

“Sister-in-law, just go and rest. Hee-nim and I will help you to greet the guests.” Minhyuk said while patting her shoulder to give her some mental support.

He and Minhee greeted and bowed to the guests when they approached them to pay their respect.

Jieun watched at them for a while before she came closer to ask her brother-in-law.

“Can I talk to my father for the last time?” She asked while her eyes stared at the wall blankly.

“Ermm.” He nodded his head while letting her went closer to the casket.

 

She slowly approached to the cherry wood casket and ran her hands over the smooth surface. Then, she slowly moved and locked her sight into the deep padded bed.

He was so handsome, even in death. His face and smile was utterly peaceful. Though she knew he wasn’t hurting, though she knew he was no longer in pain, she still couldn’t help but let her vision went blurry as more tears surfaced. She took in a deep breath and a sob slipped from her lips.

She raised her hand back up to her chin and her lower lips quivers.

“Father…” She whimpered.

She cried very hardly and soon her legs grew weaker. But before she lost her balance, someone came beside her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

“Jieun.” A soothing voice went into her ear. She turned her head and saw her husband, looking at her father with a soft and gentle gaze. He slowly lifted up his eyes and met her eyes with a reassuring smile.

Instead of saying anything, she just sobbed in his arms while Howon wrapped his arms tightly around her.

“Everything is gonna be alright. Your father is in a better and peaceful place, with your mother.” He whispered to her.

“It's time to go now.” He said as he caressed her back.

“Ermm…” She nodded and let her husband walked her out of the room.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma92QB1NbZo  (music dedicated to Siwon, played by Shinwoo and Minhyuk)

 

The funeral then began with Shinwoo and Minhyuk played a song that they dedicated to Siwon.

Shinwoo sat himself on the bench with his hand placed on the piano keys while Minhyuk held a violin in his hand and prepared to start the music.

The sad melodies were echoed inside the church and everyone’s heart had moved by it. They could hear the pain at the loss of their precious member through the wonderful piece of music and also their sadden eyes. 

 

After that, it was followed by the priest’s pray.

Listened to the pray, Chaewon’s hands shook and she couldn't stop her tears streaming down her face. She whimpered as she felt Siwon was getting further and further away from her. The fact that she will never see him again.

Jieun gently put an arm around her and tried her best to console her.

However, she just couldn't see anybody and feel nothing but pain and loss. She just felt like trembling as she felt the honest emptiness and sadness flowing from Jieun and hitting straight into her heart, feelings that were so familiar and painful. They were both suffering from the loss of their most beloved person, the center of their life.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XmWamnH4RA (background music of the funeral)

 

Finished the pray, everyone were now moved to the grave. They walked in lines with a white flower held in their hands.

The guest took turns to say something to the deceased and laid their white rose on the grave.

“Rest in peace, Siwon sshi.” They whispered.

 

Shinwoo went up together with a girl stood beside him. He placed his flower on top of the casket and said, “Grandpa, Shinwoo had come together with your future granddaughter-in-law. How is she? Did you fall for her?” Shinwoo smiled and stared at the casket.

“Grandpa, thank you for giving Shinwoo those toys which means a lot to Shinwoo. Shinwoo will keep it to my future son and told him that it was grandpa’s love towards Shinwoo, his father.” He smiled again.

“Goodbye, grandpa. Shinwoo loves you!” He said and bowed to him for the last time.

 

“Father, don’t worry. I will take care of Jieun and your grandchild. So, just rest in peace! Goodbye father and Thank you for bringing Jieun to my life. I will never forget you…” He bowed his last respect to his dearest father-in-law.

He then brought his wife nearer to the grave. Jieun walked weakly to the grave and bit her lips. She was on the verge of tears while looking at the photo of her mother together with her father tearfully. She placed the couple photo onto the casket and said, “Finally, you’re together with mother again.” She closed her eyes and shed a tear.

She stepped to the side and let Chaewon to take her turn.

 

Chaewon gripped on the flower and admired her husband handsome looking for the last time. She looked at him sadly as she had lost someone who was really important in her life.

A sob stuck in and she held onto it. She remembered Siwon loved her warmth smile.

She bent down and put the flower down along with the rest of the flowers.

“Goodbye and see you in next lifetime…” She whispered as tears slipped down on her cheeks.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGFFTem9NI (background music that gave you hope)

 

Soon, the coffin was covered in soil. A tombstone with carved letterings over it said,

In Loving Memory of

장시원

Jang Si Won

1966 - 2018

 

White snow followed her, disappearing within sight. Tiny white frost, falling from the sky, as the memories of their first encounter in Paris piled up like the snow on the ground.

 

 

 

(At the airport)

 

A middle aged lady was seen with a luggage on her right hand. She was taking an air ticket which shown that she will fly to Paris in 10 more minutes.

“Aunty!” Howon shouted and ran into the airport with Shinwoo, while Minhee brought Jieun in slowly.

“Howon.” She called.

 

“Why didn’t you wait for us?” Shinwoo pouted his lips and complained.

“I’m sorry, Shinwoo.”

“Well, if you buy me some toys from Paris, I will forgive you then.” Shinwoo crossed his arms and acted like a boss, making Chaewon smiled happily for the first time after her husband’s death.

“Well, it’s time for me to go now! Bye!”

“Ermm, take care.” Howon said to her.

“Remember my toys! Bye Bye!” Shinwoo waved his hands happily.

 

Now, left Jieun, the last person to greet goodbye.

She stood there and stared at her, but no words were heard from her.

“Mommy, say something!” Shinwoo whispered to his mom.

She glanced at the watch on her hand and found that it was just 4 minutes left. She looked at her again before some inner thoughts of her were escaped from .

“Take care and when you arrived there, please remember to call me. I will wait for your call… Mom.”

 

Her last word immediately caught the attention of everyone. Chaewon looked at her surprisingly as she was surprised by her.

Jieun stepped forward and hugged her even though there was an obstacle on her tummy.

“I’m sorry for not saying this earlier. I’m sorry, mom!” She cried as she embraced her tightly.

Chaewon burst into tears when she finally heard the word, the word that she had waited for 6 years.

 

Thank you, Jieun… my daughter.

 

 

At the same moment……

An invisible man stood at a corner, watching at this touching moment.

 

“Jang Siwon, it’s time to go.” The god told the man.

The man smiled and nodded his head happily.

Now, he can leave freely without worry. About his wife and his daughter.

 

Bye, my family. I will be your guardian angel that protects you from the sky.

He said and widen his wings, flying up to the sky…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Updated!

Well, as expected. I cried again.

But after a long cry, I feel better and better now.

At here, I would like to give my reader some advices.

Never wait your family to open up an conversation,

you should be the one who approach them.

Don't wait until it is too late.

Family is indeed the greatest support for a person.

And I'm the good example for you.

 

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.30

20:20