Ep 12 You can do it! Fighting!

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

Finally, the national sports day has coming! The special day was welcomed by the gentle breeze even though the fiery ball of light was shining ever so brightly. With the singing of the National Anthem and the hoisting of the National Flag, the sports day was then declared open by the Guest-of-Honour – Mr Park Taehwan, one of the famous national athletes in Korea.

 

“A very good morning............ At here, I announced that this sports championship is begun!”

The event was then followed by a march past by athletes in their respective school uniform and flags. They marched past the stand where the Guest-of-Honour stood up and took the salute.

 

There were many interesting events and also separate events for boys and girls. The competitors were tense and serious as it was written on their faces. They were in excellent physical fitness that some new records were set in the 100, 200 and 400 meter races. The hurdles and high jumps were some of the interesting track events with the girls' events added some colour and mirth to the spectators. Among the girls' items, the tug-of-war was a never ending source of merriment. Throughout the events, the school band was in attendance.

About a few hours, the sports championship finally came to its last event – 4 x 100m relay race.

 

As one of the athletes, Shinwoo was extremely nervous as it was the first time he represents his school for such a big sports event. He began to lost his confidence when he saw how physically strong his rivals were.

Looked at the upset Shinwoo, a person stood up from his seat and shouted to him among the audiences.

“Yah! Lee Shinwoo, you must win! Fighting!”

Lifting his head up, Shinwoo cried in joy when he saw his buddy-like uncle was coming to support him with his mommy. And what gave Shinwoo strength was the daddy that he hated and love the most had spared out his time to come and cheered for him.

“Yah! Lee Shinwoo! Remember our men promise!” Howon shouted to his son. Both of them did their significance hand posture and showed their privity before Shinwoo prepared himself at the track field as the last runner.

 

When a clear gunshot was heard, the first runner of Shinwoo’s team dashed like a shooting rocket. She was so fast enough that everyone can see her passed the baton to the next runner just in a few seconds! The audiences applaused as they were totally amazed by her great stamina and even grew a high expectation towards their team.

However, it didn’t carry on smoothly like what the audiences expected.

 

Hyeri who was the 3rd runner fell down on the floor as her weak body unable to support her. Everyone was shocked and their team was disappointed as the other teams had overtaken their team.

Feeling extremely sorry to her team, Hyeri began to cry. She felt hopeless as she didn’t know what should she do to “rescue” her team.  

 

At this hopeless moment, she heard someone shouting her name and she took a look at him.

“Hyeri, stand up and try to run to me. The competition has not finished yet. It means that we still have a slight glimmer of hope to win for the victory!”

Gained the support from Shinwoo, Hyeri braced up herself and started to walk towards Shinwoo. She slowly fasten her pace and her determination really touched the audience’s heart. The audiences began to give her some supports by applauding and cheering for her.

“Hyeri, fighting!”

 

Feeling the warmth and care from someone for the first time, Hyeri’s inner strength was then boost up and in a few seconds, she handed over the baton to Shinwoo.

 

Received the baton from Hyeri, Shinwoo started to run to shorten the distance with the other teams. He ran in all his might and didn’t give up even though his jersey was fully soaked by his sweats and his body started to fill with tiredness. His rivals who saw his amazing stamina began to worry as they started to feel tired.

As the terminal point was getting closer, the audiences’ cheer was getting louder. Knowing that it just left 20m, the audience let out a sigh as they felt that Shinwoo might not be able to win for it.

 

However, an unexpected situation made them revive again and continued on their unfinished cheer.

Shinwoo could be clearly seen that he had fasten his paces like a shooting star and overtook his rivals one by one. He finally ran on the same line with his strong rival who might be the upcoming winner.

Leaving only 5m, the audiences were totally going wild. Their mouths were like being sealed that no sound was coming out from it. Everyone’s heart was beating in an abnormal rate and referee was tried to open his eyes widely so that he could watch carefully of the final winner.

 

“Shinwoo, fighting!” Hearing the cheer from his family and friends, Shinwoo recalled the moment at the school. The beautiful Minhee who cheered for them, Friends who practised hard together for this competition and family who gave their great supports. Thinking about all of this, Shinwoo got a great influence as he started to feel that his strength has been doubled up.

With the faith of “I Can!”, Shinwoo ran in all his might and successfully reached the terminal first!

 

“Hooray!!!!!!!!!” The audiences cried and jumped in joy when they saw the unbelievable moment. Jieun and Howon hugged each other in joy while Minhyuk cried hardly in Minhee’s arm as he was touched by his buddy’s performance.

On the other hand, Shinwoo landed himself on the ground as he lost all of his strength. He was extremely weary by that moment, but feeling proud and happy when he had won for his team. He felt a massive joy that he had never had before in his life and this wonderful experience made him an unforgettable memory.

 

“Give me your hand.” Hyeri stood in front of Shinwoo and offered him her hand. Shinwoo looked at her surprisingly as he has no idea why she was there.

“Quickly stand up and accompany me to the treatment room.” She said shyly.

“Ah?”

“Isn’t it your fault for making my legs more painful? So, just follow me to the treatment room.” She said to him with a small grin appeared on her face later. Saw her smilling to him, Shinwoo nodded his head and helped to bring her to the treatment room…

 

At the same moment, fireworks were then released into the sky and it was like the meteor showers that was rarely to be seen.

 

Even though the meteors were very hard to see, its sparkling tails still made the wonderful memories to the world. Even though a smile was hard to find in a person, but the happiness of victory always saved for the most wonderful moment of the world. These splendid things might only lasted for just a few seconds, but it still kept its glorious moment for his people. Victory, is what everyone chasing for; the happiness of victory, is the winning and the resume of a new turning point; and victory is the new start of a journey in a person’s life……

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

To my readers,

all I want to say for today is

 

God will never look at those people who never appreciated the ability that he had given to his people. - Chloe-

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.12

12:12am