Ep 18 Kang Minhyuk, His unknown past……

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

After crying out his heart and soul, Howon was back to his positive side and he thanked his brother for comforting him.

“Where’s Shinwoo?” Howon asked as he didn’t notice his son being around.

“Shinwoo… He cried too when he saw hyung crying hardly. He thought that something bad happened to his mom and cried nonstop. Minhee sshi consoled him and told him that his mom will be alright. Now, he falls asleep in Minhee’s arms.”

 

Heard what his brother said, Howon sighed in relief and thanked his brother for being so reliable when he was so hopeless a moment ago. Minhyuk who heard his words, smiled but Howon can feel the sadness in his eyes.

“Hyung, I should be the one who felt thankful to you.”

“Why?” Howon was doubted by his brother’s word. He has never seen him in this way before. He always the more cheerful and happy-go-lucky style and never be so quiet and depressed like today.

“Minhyuk ah… it’s okay if you don’t want to tell.”

“Ani (No), there’s no secret among brothers just like we promised since we’re young, right?”

“Ooh.. but it’s okay if you don’t feel like to…”

 

“…… I still remember the moment when I was 3, I was abandoned by my mom.”

Howon watched at Minhyuk with deep sadness in his eyes. He still remembered his grandma brought him back home and introduced him as his “brother” without telling him what was actually happened.

 

“She left me without telling me where she’s been…

At that time, I was still young and didn’t know how to earn money. But, even so, I still knowing that I’m hungry... Very very hungry..."

 

"In order to stay myself away from starving, I learned to eat leftover food in the restaurants secretly when the shop owner was busy and didn’t notice it. I even learned to steal people’s food when I can’t stand my hunger anymore… Maybe that’s why I still can’t refrain myself from the food even though now I have the money to buy it.” Said Minhyuk, laughing at himself of being so pitiful.

 

“Every time, when I stole people’s things, I felt myself was like a devil, a devil that went against the law and took other’s properties as his own. My hands were so disgusting that I kept on washed it over and over again without myself realizing how many times I had done it…

No matter how much I cleaned it, how much I washed it, how much I soaked it with detergents until my hands were full with blisters, it was still the dirty hands that I used to have… a pair of dirty hands that only devil can own it!”

 

Watching at his brother, Howon held his fists in anger as he couldn’t do anything to remove the unhealed wound left from his heartbreaking past. He tried his best to hold back the tears in his eyes.

 

“As I was too depressed, I was thought of ending this meaningless and tortured life… But…

But… *sob* one day, grandma adopted me and saved me from being a homeless and hopeless orphan.

If not her, I guess I’m at the heaven now, argue with the god on how unfair this world he created and ended up being hit by him…

Because of grandma, because of hyung, I had temporarily forgotten the bad past that had haunted me for a couple years.”

 

“Knowing how I feel, grandma always gave me half of the love that should be given to you. Even though I’m not her biological grandson, she would still tell everyone how proud she was to have me as her grandson when I got my first scholarship at school.

All of these things were actually not belonged to me if I didn’t meet grandma and hyung. Because it’s you and grandma, I have everything I wished for…

Food… Handphone… Studies… Car… Job… and also a family…… A family that cared about me…” Minhyuk shed his tears.

 

“So, hyung. No matter how hyung is gonna chase me away from the house, I will definitely not give up myself to you. I will keep on sticking to you so that I can repay you with my entire life…”

“Ohhh… I didn’t force you but you said it yourself. So, you’ll gonna repay me by being my brother until the day I left this world…” said Howon and wrapped his arm around Minhyuk’s shoulder.

“Ermm..” Minhyuk wrapped his arm too onto his hyung’s shoulder.

 

 

Then, Shinwoo appeared and sat in between them with a phone in his hands. He played a song that Howon and Minhyuk used to hear it when they were young…

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctKPw4EddHE

 

“A little faith brightens a rainy day
Life is difficult you can't go away
Don't hide yourself in a corner
You have my place to stay

Sorrow is gonna say goodbye
Opens up, You see the happy sunshine
Keep going on with your dream
Chasing tomorrow sunrise
The spirit can never die

Sun will shine, my friend
Won't let you cry, my dear
Seeing you shed a tear

Make my world disappear
You never be alone in darkness

See my smile, my friend
We are with you, holding hands
You have got to believe
You are my destiny
We meant to be your friends
That's what a friend should be”

 

While this song was played, Howon and Minhyuk recalled their childhood memories and smiled as they were grateful to have each other as friend and also as a brother.

 

 

“Appa! Uncle! Just like what you heard from this song. Don’t hide yourself in the corner, you have Shinwoo’s place to stay…” Shinwoo said and pointed to his heart.

“Here, Shinwoo always left some empty places for you…”

 

Howon and Minhyuk looked at him and caressed his head while Shinwoo enjoyed it like a puppy, who got its love from its owner….

 

By then, a meteor appeared and streaked across the night sky, brought over a great new hope to the family……

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

hihi.. new update... unable to fall asleep coz I have slept for more than 12 hours! 

well, that's why I thought of update a chapter for you! 

How is it? What do you think of this chapter? 

Don't shy to comment it and tell me your thought about it..

Sometimes, I seemed to feel lost when writing the new chapters

So , your comment indeed can give me some inspirations 

and more to say.. your comments made my day!

 

Today, I saw the sadness in my uncle's eyes.

how hopeless and depressed he was when his dearest family was in pain...

no matter how it will be hard for him, he never complained it and just endure it quietly...

 

even though the things that he bought was in an unaffordable price that was more than his monthly salaries, he still willing to get it as if it may cure his family...

From him, I saw the acknowledgement of her as his dearest wife... that he is willing to do for everything to cure her...

 

So, this proved that love do exists......

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.17

23:55